Guns: how much longer will it take ....

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 01:34 pm
@Baldimo,
"tax evasion", you really hve no idea of what youre speaking do you?
These guys are "Hobbyist" gun dealers and they have other day jobs. They, as hobbyists, are NOT bound by filling out the FFA and other forms in Pa and about 22 other states. In other words, they arent gun dealers but in every other aspect, they act like one (with the exception of paperwork).

They collect and pay inkum taxes because the law requires that if you make more than some fixed amount (used to be about 2K when I sold antique pottery) , you report it as ordinary income. They are, technically, in PA, compliant with all laws, Firearm AND the IRS.(state also has an income tax).
You get it now??

Gun show loophole is what everyone in Pa, including the legislature calls it. Its a sweetheart deal and no legislator will do a fuckin thing about it and dont gimme crap about protecting your god given civil rights. If you do say that, then you are just listening too much to Wayne at the NRA.
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
and dont gimme crap about protecting your god given civil rights. If you do say that, then you are just listening too much to Wayne at the NRA.

We're not going to allow you to violate our civil rights.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 02:27 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If it is possible for people to defend themselves adequately without guns, that's an argument for taking all the guns away from the police.

It's possible to survive without clothes; so lets force the police to go around naked...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 02:38 am
@Glennn,
I'm not talking about people breaking the law. I'm talking about people who don't carry a gun, whom the police are so afraid of that they kill them on the spot with dozens of rounds, yelling "he's got a gun!"

This behavior indicates that some US officers are very much afraid of people carrying guns. They murder people out of fear.

Now go ahead and jerk off another insult.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 02:40 am
@oralloy,
That video proves nothing. This guy is evidently not "anybody". Plus I didnt see an anti-aircraft gun in there.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 03:18 am
@Olivier5,
The video shows ordinary people firing live rounds from their privately-owned cannons.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 03:24 am
@oralloy,
Err no.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 03:41 am
@Olivier5,
Wrong. That video shows ordinary people firing live ammunition from their privately-owned cannons.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 05:56 am
@oralloy,
The cannons belong to the guy doing the talking. Others are just visitors.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 06:19 am
@Olivier5,
Wrong. The guy doing the talking had three cannons at this event. All of the other cannons in the video are owned by the people who were firing them.

Although, the guy doing the talking certainly counts as an ordinary citizen who privately owns working cannons.
Glennn

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 07:29 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I'm talking about people who don't carry a gun, whom the police are so afraid of that they kill them on the spot with dozens of rounds, yelling "he's got a gun!"

You can repeat that as many times as you like, but it doesn't change the fact of what I've said: the vast number of law enforcement personnel are not afraid of law abiding citizens carrying concealed weapons. So why are you afraid?
Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 08:18 am
@Glennn,
I told you already I was not afraid of people carrying guns. How many times do I have to write it? You can read, can't you?

On the other hand, US police officers **** in their pants about people carrying guns, enough to kill them on the spot at the slightest suspicion.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 08:19 am
@oralloy,
Nah. No anti-aircraft gun, no cigar.
Glennn

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 08:45 am
@Olivier5,
Then I understand that you are not opposed to people who conceal and carry. Good.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 09:33 am
@Glennn,
Not a second amendment right.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:00 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Nah. No anti-aircraft gun, no cigar.

An anti aircraft gun is just a normal gun pointed at the sky. There are no laws in the US against upwardly-pointing guns.

Here is an advertising video from 2010 by a store selling a gun (to civilians) that is capable of aiming upward:

They don't aim it upward while firing it (for obvious safety reasons), but the video makes it clear that it can be aimed upwards.

I've no idea if the gun is still for sale or if somebody bought it. The store is currently rebuilding their website so I can't get current information.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:02 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The store is currently rebuilding their website so I can't get current information.

That would look very nice next to your generator. Cool
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:04 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
That would look very nice next to your generator. Cool

I'd have to win the lottery. The bigger the gun, the more it costs.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:06 am
@oralloy,
And lawmakers and the courts and history have all always considered it regulable, as opposed to you absolutists.