Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:55 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, post the laws that back you up. Show there is no need for a background check at a gun show.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:04 am
@Baldimo,
So the "gun show loophole" has been closed recently?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:06 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
That's what I was saying: according to your twisted logic, the US army makes its recruits easily murdered by their policy of regulating guns on military bases. So kind of them to make the life of traitors and terrorists easier.

You are not making sense. Explain allowing to have private guns in base housing?

Quote:
Likewise, banning guns in the senate just makes the senators easier to kill, right? I guess them American senators are all suicidal, otherwise they would authorise guns on senate ground... ;-)

Considering how much security they have on Capital Hill, they don't have to worry about being killed, they have armed guards to protect them. They have protection but want to leave the rest of us unprotected.

Quote:
And why do they ban guns on planes? So that the passengers and crew can be more easily shot, or course!

I think I get the stupid point you are trying to make. No one created "gun free zones" to turn people into targets, it was done with honest concern for people's safety. Since they have proven to not be effective against mass shooters though, no one is wanting to change those laws and try a different tactic. So now that we know that mass shooters target "gun free zones", why continue to keep them "gun free zones"? Leaving them this way is what is creating the targets moving forward.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

There is no such thing. You need to prove to me that someone can buy a gun on the floor of the gun show without doing a background check.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:21 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
There is no such thing.
Okay. So it's all fake news what e.g. is published in Nevada?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Okay. So it's all fake news what e.g. is published in Nevada?

Unless you can show me in the law where what you say is true, then what you have been pushing is anti-gun propaganda. According to you, a background check is not required to purchase a gun at a gun show.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
According to you, a background check is not required to purchase a gun at a gun show.
Did I really write such? If I did so, I apologise!
But I do think that I wrote "gun show loophole".

Edit: I did.
Walter Hinteler wrote:
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:06 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
then what you have been pushing is anti-gun propaganda.

I think Wally is bitter because his country is going down the drain.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:10 pm
@coldjoint,
We've got I nice saying here: Das Denken soll man den Pferden überlassen, die haben den größeren Kopf. ("Leave the thinking to the horses, they have the bigger head.")
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
We've got I nice saying here:

Sounds like some advice you should heed. Give it a try.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:13 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
I think
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
gun show loophole closure has been introduced into the Pa legislature and itll die in committee. All the reps in the central counties and western counties have big bankrolls from gun companies and NRA. Its been tried along with "reprot if a gun is stolen" legislation and it fails all the time for no really significant reason that has nothing to do with the bleatings of the gun nutz.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I think

You have no monopoly on thought Wally. In fact, you actually abuse that privilege.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:28 pm
@farmerman,
PS, the "gun show loophole" that Baldimo insists doesnt exist is very simple in Pa and several other states.

ALL licensed gun sellers are required to submit the necessary background checks of customers seeking to purchase weapons. AT GUN SHOWS, few sellers are licensed. Simple. Thats why Pa State Police and FOP have dived in with upport of the "close the loophole" legislation.

Many orgqnizations of school kids hqve backed the legislation with "vote em out" stnds for this mid term.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:48 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
AT GUN SHOWS, few sellers are licensed.

I can't speak for PA, but that isn't the case in CO. As for federal law, there is no law on private sales of guns, it's been left to the states, which is just fine with me.

Don't call it a "gun show loophole" that is misleading, what you want is background checks for the private sale of firearms. Using the gun show as the boogeyman doesn't really get to the point of want you want. You want no guns sold, no matter where it takes place, in a home or the parking lot of Starbucks, or a gun show, without a background check. Just be honest about your intent, don't cloak it in scary talk and misleading propaganda. Have you been to a gun show before?
Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 01:09 pm
@Baldimo,
why not call it a loophole. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. Its been written onto law back in the 1940's in several states by their legislatures and it turns many gun shows into these "Hale fellow meetings where , oh yeh, BTW we have 150 AR 15's for sale"
People go to gun sales and suctions, buy up their allowed (or in many states ,) totally unregulated amounts of guns and then sell them at gun shows. In Pa, big gun dealers hardly how up because these guys, unlicensed , yet they report their income on their taxes as a "business income".

NOT calling it a loophole is just total BULLSHIT.

Have I been to gun shows?? ---I assume you were just searching for some snotbag statement that would add insult to your disdain for me. I can sleep with that knowledge, after all, youre just a keystrike on a message board.
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 01:16 pm
@oralloy,
specific rules should be made as minimal regs

no mega Capacity clips

no full auto add ons

definitions of legal purchasers (no crazy people sales tc)

Definitely gun show loopholes

Buying a specified number of guns/unit time to market to anyone

report stolen or lost guns

Other definitions of "dangerous weapons" from the Firearms Act remain

Background checks with teeth

Id be satified with that list , I really cant think of any more but there may be. This lit may be incomplete but Someone else can add on and Ill see whether I can agree or not.
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 01:19 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It's too dangerous to allow the government better control over guns with all these efforts to violate the Second Amendment going on.
dint realize the 2nd Amendment covered gun show loopholes or even licensing of gun dealers. The second amendment is totally silent except for some few items. USSC has been the decider. Thats why I see that these dumass pro gun laws will, in a few generations, be a thing of the past.

Wnna bet? Ill say 50 to 100 years nd thisll be a history book issue (or else we will be three countries)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 01:24 pm
@farmerman,
Even if you call it ‘background check loophole’ ... gun shows are THE easily accessible marketplaces for people who don't want to be subject to a background check to find non-licensed gun sellers.