Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
see? now YOU are making believe you are on the USSC.

No I'm not.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
And where does your constitution state that all it takes to lift it is "a good reason"?

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:55 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Not too long after that France had a revolution, too bad the French did not have a copy. They ended up with another tyrant.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:55 pm
@coldjoint,
If the French hadn't supplied the money to Ben Franklin we could possibly still be British citizens. (Sometimes our fellow citizens are incredibly ungrateful....especially the ones who live in States that didn't even exist during the American Revolution) (and not even during the Civil War) But the more that I think about it, maybe Queen Elizabeth would consider taking us back.
oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:05 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
But the more that I think about it, maybe Queen Elizabeth would consider taking us back.

Not acceptable unless the Brits first irrevocably adopt the Second Amendment.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
If the French hadn't supplied the money to Ben Franklin

Do you have any idea of what I said?

Who cares they (the French) still blew it when a perfect example of how to live appeared right before the worlds eyes. I know they helped us and failed to help themselves.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
If the French hadn't supplied the money to Ben Franklin

Do you have any idea of what I said?

Who cares they (the French) still blew it when a perfect example of how to live appeared right before the worlds eyes. I know they helped us and failed to help themselves.

[/quote

You have a tendency to say incredibly stupid things....soooooo it's a little difficult to view anything you say as something to which anyone should pay attention. I think I addressed this earlier.....or was it someone else???? I have a hard time distinguishing between you and your like minded brethren. Think of it this way, when you talk to your dog and say "who's a good boy fido, want to go out, good boy fido" and the dog hears "blah blah blah blah Fido, blah blah blah blah, blah blah Fido". I hear what Fido hears.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:24 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
But the more that I think about it, maybe Queen Elizabeth would consider taking us back.

Not acceptable unless the Brits first irrevocably adopt the Second Amendment.

Oh for Christ's sake, it's a joke.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I have a hard time distinguishing between you and your like minded brethren.

Add another to your list, but I would work on your reading comprehension first.

You will not upset me enough to call you a thing. Knowing what you are works for me.

Time to say good bye again? Laughing Laughing Laughing
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Honestly, do you really think you can insult anybody and upset them? That's sad in a pathetic way. Pe bone? este un om ridicol.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 09:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Honestly, do you really think you can insult anybody and upset them?

Your constant harping proves I can. Anything else?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:09 pm
@Baldimo,
You may wish to compare your NRA-scripted fake ideas with reality once in a while.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:43 pm
@oralloy,
I don't see the phrase "any provision of this constitution can be made null and void with a good reason" in there...

Now, if you're pointing out that as per the text itself, the US constitution is made for man, not man made for the constitution, then you'd be right.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:44 pm
@glitterbag,
The money and the troops and the boats.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
they helped us and failed to help themselves. 

We were just located in the heart of the European continent, while you guys were far far away. We had to fight pretty much all of Europes armies at once. This led to paranoia, dictatorship and militarism, and ultimately Napoleon.

Meanwhile you guys were left alone cause the Brits were too busy with us to care for a distant colony.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

They also sold Jefferson Louisiana Territory because they couldn't handle mosquitoes. Laughing
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:55 pm
@coldjoint,
Indeed, mosquitoes influenced the outcome of the Seven Years' War dramatically.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:01 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I know, I actually am aware of my country's history and I have pissed off many folks who tell me if it wasn't for the US, the French would be speaking German by repeating what I said earlier, If it hadn't been for France the US would still be a colony.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:16 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
they helped us and failed to help themselves. 

We were just located in the heart of the European continent, while you guys were far far away. We had to fight pretty much all of Europes armies at once. This led to paranoia, dictatorship and militarism, and ultimately Napoleon.

Meanwhile you guys were left alone cause the Brits were too busy with us to care for a distant colony.

France provided a ton of money and supplies to the US......I can't make excuses for early 'new country' but there wasn't a lot of money in the coffers to help France. That's something I haven't researched deeply, perhaps we should or could have have been more helpful....many countries abandoned France and Catherine the Great of Russia reconsidered her position on her subjects because the atrocities in France shook her to her foundation. I certainly hope that current world citizens understand what a horror fest the French Revolution was....and shame on anybody who thinks it was a noble cause.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:21 am
@glitterbag,
If Louis the Pious hadn't had three (legitimate) sons, the Germans would speak French - or the French German - since 843 Wink

But Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst (aka Catherine the Great) made French the official language of the Russian court. Smile