Guns: how much longer will it take ....

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2018 11:04 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Conservatives stick to what the Constitution actually means
BULLSHIT, you say one thing and then argue with yourself in the following posts. You just said that youre waiting for Plump to replace several USSC justices so theres a conservative majority. WHYZAT? so they can send out same Christmas cards again??, NO , so they can continue INTERPRETING the 2nd Amendment as theyve been doing.

You interpret that "If the 2nd Amendment is SILENT on ownership of modern military style weapons , then these are included as "Arms".

That gonna be the crux of a generational change in it interpretation that WILL occur.

Try not to be so damned dishonest in your posts

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2018 11:17 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
BULLSHIT,

No. Conservatives really do stick to what the Constitution actually means.

farmerman wrote:
you say one thing and then argue with yourself in the following posts.

Not really.

farmerman wrote:
You just said that youre waiting for Plump to replace several USSC justices so theres a conservative majority. WHYZAT? so they can send out same Christmas cards again??, NO , so they can continue INTERPRETING the 2nd Amendment as theyve been doing.

The point of getting a majority of conservatives on the Supreme Court is so they will begin to interpret the Second Amendment as it was intended.

farmerman wrote:
You interpret that "If the 2nd Amendment is SILENT on ownership of modern military style weapons , then these are included as "Arms".

Since there is no justification for banning pistol grips, ownership of guns with pistol grips is indeed protected by the Second Amendment.

Referring to pistol grips as "military style" will not change this.

farmerman wrote:
That gonna be the crux of a generational change in it interpretation that WILL occur.

No it won't.

farmerman wrote:
Try not to be so damned dishonest in your posts

Lying about me will not cause any facts to change.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:06 am
@McGentrix,
I'm just stating the truth. There's no need to be afraid, Mac.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:10 am
@oralloy,
Mc is afraid of losing the debate here. He knows I am right, he knows he can't in good faith disagree with the obvious. That's why he's pissed.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:11 am
@coldjoint,
The NRA is turning the whole country into a shooting range, and gun suckers are cheering.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:13 am
@oralloy,
So you want the people to be able to own anti-aircraft guns then? Good luck with that...
oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:13 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Mc is afraid of losing the debate here. He knows I am right, he knows he can't in good faith disagree with the obvious. That's why he's pissed.

You're not right. The Second Amendment is very much in effect. And any right can be restricted if there is a good reason for that restriction (but only if there is a good reason for that restriction).
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:16 am
@oralloy,
The 2nd amendment as written says nothing about "without a good reason". It protects "the right of the people to own and carry arms". That would include their right to own anti-aircraft guns...
oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:16 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
So you want the people to be able to own anti-aircraft guns then?

I don't know. The definition of the term can vary, and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by it.

Olivier5 wrote:
Good luck with that...

If you are counting rifles chambered in .50 BMG as anti-aircraft guns, I don't need luck. I have the Second Amendment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:17 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The 2nd amendment says nothing about "without a good reason".

True. That is a general principle that applies to ALL constitutional rights.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:08 am
@oralloy,
see? now YOU are making believe you are on the USSC.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:19 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:
The 2nd amendment says nothing about "without a good reason".

True. That is a general principle that applies to ALL constitutional rights.

And where does your constitution state that all it takes to lift it is "a good reason"?
gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:51 am
There is some rational line of demarkation....

I would draw that line on the following basis. If ISIS merely owning something would provoke Uncle Sam to action, then citizens should not own it, i.e. if ISIS can't have it, then we shouldn't. ISIS or AQ can own all the Vepr, FAL, and AK rifles it wants and Uncle Sam wouldn't give a rat's ass. Them owning shoulder fired AA weapons, nerve gas, or nuclear weapons WILL provoke a response from Uncle Sam.

Citizens don't require suitcase nukes or AA weapons to keep governments in line, as we recently saw out in Nevada or as the so-called Battle of Athens demonstrated in 1946.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:00 am
Looking for a really good semiauto rifle at a reasonable price? Consider the Vepr/Вепр. The best of the Kalashnikov style rifles, the Vepr comes in various calilbers including the heavy Russian 30 cal (7.62x54) which is similar to a 30-06 loaded with modern powders i.e. a mini-magnum, suitable for large/dangerous game. The Vepr is minute of angle accurate. It features an RPK (squad light machinegun) receiver which is the strongest stamped receiver anybody makes, a medium heavy hammer-forged and chrome-lined barrel, and the usual Kalashnikov style slide mount for optics. Like all Kalashnikov rifles, it is stone totally reliable.

Importation may have been banned but there is still a supply of them in the US and they can be had on gunbroker starting around $1000, e.g.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/764934705

https://gbbs.blob.core.windows.net/pics/764934000/764934705/pix789392508.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:07 am
Best of all, the Vepr comes with an "I colluded with Russia/Я вступил в сговор с Россией" tshirt which you can proudly wear to Orthodox church services.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 09:43 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The NRA is turning the whole country into a shooting range, and gun suckers are cheering.

The only people turning the country into a shooting range is the anti-gun left. The application of "gun free zones", which is where all these mass shootings take place, and the inability if letting the communities decide on whether teachers could choose to train and carry in the schools is what is leading to these types of incidents being so deadly.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:19 am
If any of you people end up buying a Vepr rifle on my recommendation I'd appreciate you letting me know about it, there could be a free vacation to Russian Crimea in it for me...
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 02:49 pm
@gungasnake,
What? and forget about my Big Boy? I like a scoped rifle where it actually helps acquire the shot.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 03:08 pm
@Baldimo,
Oh Vegas is a gun-free zone now?
Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 03:13 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Oh Vegas is a gun-free zone now?

Do we want to use exceptions as rules?