Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2018 09:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Did he fire nerf balls at them? Did he use a squirt gun? Did he tie their shoe laces together and laugh when they fell over? Of course it has to do with guns. Try to think a little harder yourself.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2018 09:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Did he fire nerf balls at them? Did he use a squirt gun? Did he tie their shoe laces together and laugh when they fell over? Of course it has to do with guns. Try to think a little harder yourself.

It could and should have been stopped. Guns did not stop the authorities or students from acting . Transferring the blame is an obvious lie.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 01:45 am
@coldjoint,
I'll make it real sumply for ypu pinky: withput a gun, he would not have killed so many people. And with a less powerful gun also he would have killed fewer people. It's all very very simple. A 3 yr old would understand the idea...
Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:14 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The police weerre called on him repeatedly. He'd been kicked out of school for aggressive acts. The other students knew what he was like and whar he hgad done. He'd done it unprovoked for years, and they knew it. He was sick. and he was violent . The well-known aggressive behavior os his part is why rhey may have avoided him. You don't hang out with piranhas if you're sensible.

You say all this and then let the very people who let this happen off the hook. The local authorities, school officials and even the FBI knew about this kid and yet they did nothing. You and others of your ilk instead blame the NRA and gun owners in general, I think the terms child killers and terrorists have been used to describe them. Why not blame the real culprits and not those who had nothing to do with this horrific shooting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Gunga, the snake that's full of venom.

Venom is a good thing to apply against people who are trying to violate your civil rights for fun.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:20 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the truth to power David is speaking is really getting to you, isn't it.

What truth is he supposedly speaking?

All I'm hearing from his quarter is an infant screaming at the top of his lungs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:21 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
A lethal tool is still a lethal tool no matter how you try to phony "civil rights" it.

A good reason to vote for Republicans is: liberals say that civil rights are phony and should be violated for their personal amusement.

Republicans will protect our civil rights and prevent liberals from violating them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:23 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
withput a gun, he would not have killed so many people. And with a less powerful gun also he would have killed fewer people. It's all very very simple. A 3 yr old would understand the idea...

Maybe so. But pistol grips have nothing to do with how powerful a gun is.

The liberals are trying to ban pistol grips solely because they think it is fun to violate people's rights.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:47 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The latest Quinnapiac found that Amricans are solidly for stronger rules

Most of them don't have an understanding of the current gun laws, they only know what the media tells them. So saying you support stronger gun laws without understanding the current gun laws is a misleading question. Your examples below are the perfect example.

Quote:
background checks better to stop gunshow loophols

The gun show loop hole is a myth. There is no such thing, all tables selling guns have to have an FFL and are required to run Federal Background checks. You will have to find Federal law that says this isn't true.

Quote:
strawmn purchases,

These are already illegal under Federal and State law. The failure is in prosecuting such crimes and allowing plea deals on lighter sentences.

Quote:
do away with any comn=binations to deliver lots f bullets at fast rates of fire(large cap clips and )

So do away with all semi-auto guns to include long guns and hand guns.

Quote:
I say to stop advertising these weapons as "hunting tools. They arent accurate for long range shots and they are more for short range but not set for small game.

You are only partially correct in some of this. They are indeed hunting tools, it depends on the game you are hunting. Coyotes and wild hog, which are pests in the area's they live, are perfect game for the average AR-15 as .223 and 5.56 are good rounds for those types of animals. When you say small game, do you mean rabbits and squirrels? That also isn't true, you can have the AR chambered for .22 LR which is perfect for small game. The AR platform is very versatile.

The average off the shelf AR isn't perfect for long range shots but they can be modified with longer barrels and even larger caliber rounds. The problem with long range and the AR isn't the AR platform, it's the round you use. You can have an AR chambered for .308, which can be used for larger game like elk and also reach further distances.

The city of Boulder has proposed some gun laws you would like to include gun registration. According to their wants, the AR-15 would be banned but the Ruger Ranch Rifle would be allowed, why do you think that is?
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_31772132/boulder-weighing-measure-ban-sale-possession-assault-weapons

Quote:
• All semiautomatic rifles that have the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and that have any of the following characteristics: a pistol grip or thumbhole stock; a folding or telescoping stock; or any protruding grip or other device to allow the weapon to be stabilized with the non-trigger hand.

• All semi-automatic center-fire pistols that have any of the following characteristics: the capacity to accept a magazine other than in the pistol grip or any device to allow the weapon to be stabilized with the non-trigger hand.

• Any firearm which has been modified to be operable as an assault weapon as defined by the city, plus any part or combination or parts designed to convert a firearm into an assault weapon

Quote:
Those who possess items subject to the drafted version of the law — assuming the council follows through on its apparent intent to pass a ban in some form, the final version could look quite different — would have to register their weapons with the Boulder Police Department.

Anyone found in violation of that would be first "educated and informed" by police, and then potentially would face up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine if they fail to come into compliance.

The proposed April 1 effective date presents a curious enforcement challenge for the city, because what's to stop someone who buys a banned weapon after April 2 from telling police the weapon was purchased before the law's effective date?

"I don't know," Carr said. "It could be that you might have them show receipts ... or you might have people sign an affidavit under threat of perjury, but we have not worked out the registration system yet."

There would be no registration system for bump stocks and banned magazines, though; as Carr's written it, those items would be outright banned and have to simply be handed over.

This is The People's Republic of Boulder of you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
so we, by your logic, should gladly keep supplying them with top of the line military firepower and allowing their access to weapons go unchallenged by law??

By your logic, who has access to "top of the line military power" here in the US? No one carries an AR into a war zone and you have to have special tax stamps to own an automatic, which has to be older than 1986 as anything newer can not be sold to civilians, that is already against the law.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 09:57 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I'll make it real sumply for ypu pinky: withput a gun, he would not have killed so many people. And with a less powerful gun also he would have killed fewer people. It's all very very simple. A 3 yr old would understand the idea...

If the authorities would have acted and did their jobs, this wouldn't have happened. Monty has already said several times and this is know, EVERYONE knew this guy was unstable yet the police and FBI did nothing to stop him. He wasn't an unknown and had expressed that he wanted to shoot up the school. Guns be damned, every adult around those kids failed them at every step of the way.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 10:33 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I'll make it real sumply for ypu pinky:

And I will make it simple for you. The authorities failed to enforce our laws. The students failed to speak up. We are talking about something that never should have happened.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 10:54 am
@Baldimo,
yes thats what I mean. An AR is a copy of a milspec assault rifle with but a few items removed BECAUSE of the 1934 LAW (which the NRA was a leader in having passed).

Trouble with these is that they have high capacity clips and receivers strong enough to take the clips. AND, they can easily be made full auto by a kid with computer, some tools and outfitting supplies.
Buying tooled parts, and such equipment is easily done, or you could buy a bump stock .

Of course the people need regulating also, but please do not blow smoke up my ass about doing mass murders with a knife.

hightor

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 11:01 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
We are talking about something that never should have happened.

Right — because it should be against the law for kids to buy firearms.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 11:07 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Right — because it should be against the law for kids to buy firearms.

I get it, they(kids)should not be able to buy guns, but they should be able to make our gun laws.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 11:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
yes thats what I mean. An AR is a copy of a milspec assault rifle with but a few items removed BECAUSE of the 1934 LAW (which the NRA was a leader in having passed).

"Milspec assault rifle"... A few items removed? You mean the ability to shoot anything but in semi-auto mode? Not sure what else about the AR makes it "milspec".

Quote:
Trouble with these is that they have high capacity clips and receivers strong enough to take the clips.

This is a meaningless phrase as there is nothing about how "strong" they are to take "clips". You claim to know more about military arms but you don't seem to be making any sense to anyone who seems to know more than you.
"High capacity" is also a BS term. What people like you who are unfamiliar with the platform knows, a 30 round mag is a standard capacity mag. You anti-gun fools have been trying to change the meanings of things to fit your agenda.

Quote:
AND, they can easily be made full auto by a kid with computer, some tools and outfitting supplies.

No, you can not easily make a semi-auto into a full auto, that is a myth pushed by the anti-gun crowd. Besides, it is already illegal to make such changes and I wonder how many people have actually been caught. You now want to make laws based on "what it's".

Quote:
Buying tooled parts, and such equipment is easily done, or you could buy a bump stock .

It is illegal to provide parts to convert a semi-auto into a fully auto. Nothing legal about such methods. Bumpstocks are the new boogie-man for the anti-gunners. Those were a stupid invention that was approved by Obama's admin... I could careless if they ban them.

Quote:
Of course the people need regulating also, but please do not blow smoke up my ass about doing mass murders with a knife.

Not sure where you got the knife argument from, I said nothing about it. On the other hand, that "regulate the people" sounds a bit to Totalitarian for me, the Constitution was meant to regulate the govt and provide Liberty for the people.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 01:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Trouble with these is that they have high capacity clips and receivers strong enough to take the clips. AND, they can easily be made full auto by a kid with computer, some tools and outfitting supplies.

This is a load of hooey Farmerman. Being a farmer, you should have recognized that.
hightor

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 02:29 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
...but they should be able to make our gun laws.

You're sadly misinformed if you think anyone other than legislators make laws.

And you're profoundly anti-democratic if you object to citizens exercising their constitutional rights of petition, assembly, and free speech.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 02:32 pm
@hightor,
Citizens who don't vote, don't pay taxes and haven't stepped out from under mommies and daddies shadow, yes I do have a problem with them trying to change our laws when they have contributed nothing to society but to try and deny me my rights.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2018 03:13 pm
@hightor,

Quote:
You're sadly misinformed if you think anyone other than legislators make laws.

Really, from what I have read here, it is the NRA.
0 Replies