Obama..... not religious?

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:18 pm
@okie,
how fitting that you post after the troll, okie.

you are starting to resemble him in posting patterns as well...
okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Well, do you agree with black liberation theology? Maybe you need to look into the philosophy that helped inspire Obama to become a "Christian?" Or perhaps you don't care? Someday, you may realize you should have cared.

Its fascinating how Obama voters, I guess you voted for him, you seem to fit the profile, its fascinating how you blithely ignore some pretty weighty facts about the man. You act as if this never happened, but it did, and it is happening. Wake up.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:47 pm
@okie,
tell me how I fit the profile, okie.

I could use some amusement...

I am encouraged that he researched other ways of thinking. you could maybe use a dose of that yourself.
okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Well, you disagree with most conservatives here, but you can eliminate the suspense and tell us all who got your vote. Who knows, you may have voted for the Green Party for all I know.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:51 pm
@okie,
I disagree with lots of folks, you wacko far righters just get the nod right now.

(wasn't McCain and what's her pork))
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:51 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I am encouraged that he researched other ways of thinking. you could maybe use a dose of that yourself.

Oh, other ways of thinking, like whites are the anti-christ, and Jews are evil, things like that? There are lots of other ways of thinking out there in the world, rocky, but do you endorse them all?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:52 pm
@okie,
does he?
okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Apparently he did Wright, at least to inspire him so much that he became inspired to become a "Christian" in his church so that he continued to listen to Wright for - was it 20 years? Of course he claims to disagree now, but he never renounced the man as the nutcase he is.

Just a bit of advice, rocky, do not judge Obama on what he says, judge him on what he has done.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:00 pm
@okie,
what you "think" he's done.

you think he's the boogeyman.

or you are crying wolf...
okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:38 pm
@Rockhead,
I don't think he has done a whole lot, thats worth doing that is. And yes, I would not call him a boogeyman, that is your term not mine, but I do distrust the man very much. I do not judge him as trustworthy, nor is he that smart about the economy, health care, or anything else important. I also think he is corrupt, and will do about anything to obtain his own selfish ends. You are free to disagree, and apparently you do. Hopefully if I convince just one, maybe more that the guy is not good for the country, that is my hope, we can sweep him out of office along with his buddies, and get a bunch in there that will do alot better.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:42 pm
@okie,
or work with him, and try to modify the places where we disagree with him.

you and Rush seem to want to scrap the place and blame it on him...

(it's past my bedtime, we can continue this conversation to nowhere tomorrow if you like)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 12:23 am
@okie,
Okie I love the right wing putting out nonsense to fools so they will vote against their own best interests such as health care plans that are not driven for the best interests of the drug and insurance companies.

There is a comment concerning Christian beliefs from the first president who was not very religion that pre-date Obama by 20o years or so.

------------------------------------------------------------
Jefferson

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 07:50 am
@okie,
Okie, do you believe everything that your bible and clergyman says? For instance, do you believe that the Jews indirectly killed Jesus? I assume you are a Christian, in which case your bible is chock full of inflamatory nonsense.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 10:33 pm
Interesting statements by Obama, which kind of conjures up questions about his religious beliefs. By the way, I don't think he has found a church yet in D.C, has he, I haven't heard, and he continues to heap praises on Muslims. People that spread so called rumors on the internet about Obama being a Muslim, it kind of makes you wonder if they were not as wrong as claimed, who knows. I kind of think he is kind of in limbo in that regard, but I also think he has some pretty deep affections for Islam. He claimed to be a Christian, but his previous church was more of a political movement based upon Black Liberation Theology than a religion, and it also had affections for Farrakhan as well, his church gave the man an award for lifetime achievement, which also brings up questions. I do think his statements of contributions by Muslims in America are very exaggerated, not that there have not been a few, but comparatively Islam has so far had very very little impact on this country at all in my opinion, so little in fact as to be almost unnoticeable.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/01/obama-calls-islam-great-religion-ramadan-dinner/

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama on Tuesday praised American Muslims for enriching the nation's culture at a dinner to celebrate the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

"The contribution of Muslims to the United States are too long to catalog because Muslims are so interwoven into the fabric of our communities and our country," Obama said at the iftar, the dinner that breaks the holiday's daily fast.

The president joined Cabinet secretaries, members of the diplomatic corps and lawmakers to pay tribute to what he called "a great religion and its commitment to justice and progress."

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:42 am
@okie,
LOL the right wing can not get it act together at all.

One he is a secret Muslin or two he is a far left black Christan or three he is in fact a secret atheist.

Or he is the anti-Christ for that matter and on and on the silliness go.

He hate whites even if he was raised by the white side of his family not the black side. Can you just see the hell he would face if he had follow Tiger Wood example and had married a blond?

Logic and commonsense does not matter for the right wing nuts.
snood

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 06:19 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

LOL the right wing can not get it act together at all.

One he is a secret Muslin or two he is a far left black Christan or three he is in fact a secret atheist.

Or he is the anti-Christ for that matter and on and on the silliness go.

He hate whites even if he was raised by the white side of his family not the black side. Can you just see the hell he would face if he had follow Tiger Wood example and had married a blond?

Logic and commonsense does not matter for the right wing nuts.

Yup - that would have been a lot of ammo for the foam-at-the-mouth crowd.

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 06:29 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
Is everyone who claims to be a "Christian" a Christian?

but do we even know what a christian is

a christian is nothing more than an impatient jew

no wonder there so irritable and antsy, they had to rush the messiah and now they're trying to rush the apocalypse

slow down, have a matzoh
JPB

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 08:27 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

a christian is nothing more than an impatient jew

slow down, have a matzoh

Very Happy
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:23 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yup - that would have been a lot of ammo for the foam-at-the-mouth crowd.

So do you endorse Black Liberation Theology, snood, or do you even know what it is?

By the way, it is mostly politics, not religion, just a hint.
djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:31 am
@okie,
just looked it up on google, looks pretty good, the sermons have got to be less boring than most christian churches, plus they've probably got those kickass choirs
0 Replies