Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:22 pm
@nimh,
Tah
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 08:03 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
It doesn't "prove" anything . . . it does suggest that if there is a god, that god isn't compassionate.

Amen!
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:29 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Thomas wrote:

Quote:
Is everyone who claims to be a "Christian" a Christian?

No. Because, if the answer was yes, I would also have to accept that Foxfyre is a libertarian because she said so. This would be the intellectual equivalent of fingernails on a blackboard, of styrofoam plates rubbing against each other, and all that. I refuse to go there.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 03:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't "prove" anything . . . it does suggest that if there is a god, that god isn't compassionate.

Amen!

So to speak . . .
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:43 am
@shewolfnm,
For the main part, he's amazingly cool, calculating and composed. How could he be religious?
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 03:33 am
@edgarblythe,
I must say that all the evidcnce shows that President Obama is religious. After all, he attended Muslim services in Indonesia as Barry Soetero. went to Catholic School in Indonesia-the Catholic Franciscan Assissi Primary School and a Protestant who joned the Trinity United Church of Christ and remained a member of the church for over seven years. It would seem that although Obama faithfully attended services there, he was very tired from his work as a community organizer since he probably fell asleep during every sermon. That is why he never heard or reacted against Rev. Wright's atrocious Black Liberation Theology and disrespect for the USA. President Obama was snoozing. That is why he is telling the truth when he said that he was not aware of Reverend Wright's inflammatory Anti-American rhetoric.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 07:27 am
@genoves,
I am enjoying the agony! Very Happy Smile Wink Laughing Twisted Evil Drunk
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 10:00 am
@genoves,
Quote:
That is why he never heard or reacted against Rev. Wright's ... disrespect for the USA.

That wasn't disrespect, that was the truth.
genoves

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:03 am
@JTT,
Here is what Reverend Wright said:

I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday, did anybody else see him or hear him? He was on Fox News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the Fox News commentators to no end. He pointed out, did you see him John, a white man, and he pointed out, an ambassador, that what Malcolm X said when he got silenced by Elijah Mohammed was in fact true, America’s chickens are coming home to roost. We took this country by terror, away from the Sioux, the Apache, the Arowak, the Comanche, the Arapahoe, the Navajo. Terrorism. We took Africans from their country to build our way of ease and kept them enslaved and living in fear. Terrorism. We bombed Granada and killed innocent civilians, babies, non-military personnel. We bombed the black civilian community of Panama with stealth bombers and killed unarmed teenagers and toddlers, pregnant mothers, and hardworking fathers. We bombed Qaddafi’s home and killed his child. Blessed are they who bash your children’s head against a rock. We bombed Iraq. We killed unarmed civilians trying to make a living. We bombed a plant in Sudan to payback for the attack on our embassy, killed hundreds of hardworking people, mothers and fathers who left home to go that day not knowing that they would never get back home. We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye. Kids playing in the playground, mothers picking up children from school, civilians, not soldiers, people just trying to make it day by day.
We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and Black South Africans and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.

If true,frightening but I don't believe it is accurate since he left out the 3,000 people who were murdered on 9/11.
genoves

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:05 am

I must say that all the evidcnce shows that President Obama is religious. After all, he attended Muslim services in Indonesia as Barry Soetero. went to Catholic School in Indonesia-the Catholic Franciscan Assisi Primary School and a Protestant who joned the Trinity United Church of Christ and remained a member of the church for over seven years. It would seem that although Obama faithfully attended services there, he was very tired from his work as a community organizer since he probably fell asleep during every sermon. That is why he never heard or reacted against Rev. Wright's atrocious Black Liberation Theology and disrespect for the USA. President Obama was snoozing. That is why he is telling the truth when he said that he was not aware of Reverend Wright's inflammatory Anti-American rhetoric
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:21 am
Not at all anti-American. On the contrary, very pro-American. You recognize something is wrong and you work to fix it. That's the American way. That's what made us great.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 05:55 am
@genoves,
Quote:
Here is what Reverend Wright said:

I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday, did anybody else see him or hear him? He was on Fox News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the Fox News commentators to no end. He pointed out, did you see him John, a white man, and he pointed out, an ambassador, that what Malcolm X said when he got silenced by Elijah Mohammed was in fact true, America’s chickens are coming home to roost. We took this country by terror, away from the Sioux, the Apache, the Arowak, the Comanche, the Arapahoe, the Navajo. Terrorism. We took Africans from their country to build our way of ease and kept them enslaved and living in fear. Terrorism. We bombed Granada and killed innocent civilians, babies, non-military personnel. We bombed the black civilian community of Panama with stealth bombers and killed unarmed teenagers and toddlers, pregnant mothers, and hardworking fathers. We bombed Qaddafi’s home and killed his child. Blessed are they who bash your children’s head against a rock. We bombed Iraq. We killed unarmed civilians trying to make a living. We bombed a plant in Sudan to payback for the attack on our embassy, killed hundreds of hardworking people, mothers and fathers who left home to go that day not knowing that they would never get back home. We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye. Kids playing in the playground, mothers picking up children from school, civilians, not soldiers, people just trying to make it day by day.
We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and Black South Africans and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.

What part of this is false????
genoves

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
You have a point, Monterey Jack--You recognize something is wrong and you work to fix it. But suppose it is not wrong? Suppose it is mainly correct and you don't know it?

I am sure that this nitwit on the right is just as unbalanced as Reverend Wright.

David Duke Update
The most recent information about David Duke can be found in the David Duke entry in the Extremism in America section of the Web site.

On Blacks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When the American people saw the LA riots and crowds of Blacks cheering O.J. Simpson (who was acquitted by the almost all Black jury), they received a peek into their future."

- Duke Web Site May, 2000

"Hate crimes against Whites receive little attention, while crimes against minorities become national headlines. By focusing on crimes against minorities, the national media is fanning the flames of racial hatred against Whites and leads to more anti-White attacks," states Duke. "The cover up of the racial aspect of this case should make one think that Atlanta Braves baseball player John Rocker is right about NewYork."

- -Press release on Duke’s web site 12/23/99

"Increasingly independent black economic, cultural and political power gave Blacks more freedom to do what came natural to them. Divorced from White influence and culture, they reverted quickly to their genotype -- increasingly typical of black societies around the world. Males exhibited exaggerated sexual aggression and promiscuity that led to the dissolution of the Black nuclear family in America. Females reverted to the age-old African model of maternal provisioning of children."

­­ My Awakening, p. 159 (1998)

"What I learned about them, I liked. But it also seemed that the liberal line was not entirely correct, for it was obvious that racial differences went far beyond skin color. It would be difficult to categorize all the distinctions I noticed. In fact, I made no effort to catalogue them at the time, but their differences ranged all the way from physical characteristics to more subtle differences such as extreme aversion for work in cold weather. On cold days, when I felt invigorated, my black co-workers seemed lethargic."

­­ My Awakening, p. 29 (1998)

"I won my constituency. I won 55 percent of the white vote."

­­ Duke, after losing the Louisiana gubernatorial race,
quoted in The News (Dallas, TX), December 19, 1991

"What we really want to do is to be left alone. We don't want Negroes around. We don't need Negroes around. We're not asking ­­ you know, we don't want to have them, you know, for our culture. We simply want our own country and our own society. That's in no way exploitive at all. We want our own society, our own nation...."

­- Duke interview with doctoral student Evelyn Rich, who
traveled around the country with Duke while conducting
research for her dissertation on the KKK. March 1985

"[A] black...gets a job with a white-owned company. He is the only black at the firm. He works hard, but he's fighting a losing battle against his genes."

­­ Duke editorial, "The Black Plague."
NAAWP News, Issue 32, 1985

"White people don't need a law against rape, but if you fill this room up with your normal black bucks, you would, because niggers are basically primitive animals.

"It's really the Jew Marxists who see the nigger as their instrument, as their bullets, by which to destroy our society."

­- The Sun (Wichita, KS), April 23, 1975

Both Duke and Wright are racist extremists. Duke in the tradition of George Wallace and Wright in the tradition of his close personal friend, the racist--Minister Farrakhan!
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh come on Frank Don't tease us--tell us which part of it is false( or is your question merely a rhetorical one?)

It is a direct quotation from Wright based on a recording, you know>

Or are you saying that he(Wright) is wrong? Please explicate>
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:23 am
I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent."..... Thomas Jefferson

Twisted Sermons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOHrl7zCBA

Those fffffing Hippies Were Right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKEZoY-TMG4
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:00 pm
My personal feeling is that Obama's moral and ethical comitment lies close to the teachings of Buddhism. When he was a student at Harvard he attended Buddhist gatherings in Boston.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:17 pm
Really? Then he must believe that suffering is a result of one's desires for pleasure, POWER, and continued existence. If so, he may wish to end his suffering by giving up his POWER. May we look forward to that delightful event, Sglass?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 11:27 pm
@shewolfnm,
Is he really going to be the first president to begin removing this country from its incredible ties to christianity?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama how about our third president who was not a Christian to say the least!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 11:43 pm
: shewolfnm(Post 3549632)
Is he really going to be the first president to begin removing this country from its incredible ties to christianity?

He very well may try if his former pastor is any guide. The reverend Wright preached "Liberation Theology" which, unfortunately, sometimes veered into intolerance and hate for Jews when the reverend Wright charged that Jewish doctors were trying to commit genocide on blacks in America by injecting them with the AIDS virus.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:16 pm
Apparently many Obama supporters missed this, on Black Liberation Theology. The "great" Reverend Wright inspired Obama to become a "Christian," the same guy that preaches black liberation, which preaches whiteness is the anti-christ, Jews are evil, capitalism is evil, blacks were purposely injected with the AIDS virus, and so forth. Obviously Wright is a nutcase, and what does that make Obama? I still find it bizarre that most people have not figured all of this out yet, Obama truly is a very weird guy with very weird beliefs and politics.