Are you posting less or more now?

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:41 pm
Just wondering because it seems to me a lot of people don't show up much anymore and the threads aren't getting the posts they used to.

I am on here several times throughout the day but rarely post now.

I miss Georgeob1kanobe.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 48 • Views: 20,287 • Replies: 244

dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:14 pm
@Mame,
yeah I post a lot less than I used to. I also miss Georgeob.
nimh

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:23 pm
I was pretty much done with a2k until the new site came along. I had been posting only a fraction of what I used to post, but the new a2k got me going for a while again. Then came the elections, of course, and since the results were in I've been pretty passive.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:25 pm
@Mame,
I probably am not posting as much, but I have always posted regularly on only a few threads of particular interest. I post on a couple of game threads here, but haven't tagged them so I only post when they happen to surface on the first page when we log in. I don't tag much stuff so if I do happen to make a comment in another thread and don't tag it, it is likely I'll never see or think of it again.

I am missing several of my old friends since the new thing here. GeorgeOb1 is one of them.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:25 pm
@Mame,
I reply and post far less than I ever did. When I do post, I notice that I see almost no comments following. Now I understand that I might be boring to some, but to all? That's another issue, though.

I think not having private messaging or having the ease of chat hurts a little, too. I miss that PM function.

There seems to be less traffic and less postings from a broad group of contributors. A small group of people who do mutliple postings are doing a greater majority of posting now than in past (before the GUI change-over).

Have I stated that clearly?
djjd62

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:26 pm
definitely posting less, the election killed me, i couldn't take this place

i'm hoping things get better as people calm down
mismi

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:28 pm
@djjd62,
it was bad didge - no doubt
hoping the same
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:29 pm
@Mame,
I'm posting the same.
I don't know ,of any good reason, why someone would leave the new website.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:34 pm
@Ragman,
Well, you're one of the ones I've noticed is MIA a lot, Ragman. I do see some interesting posts (non-political, of course) but I just don't have the interest to respond to much. I don't know why that is. I think I'm just missing some people.

And it seems the tenor has changed a great deal.

Is it the focus to get new people at the expense of the current ones? I don't know.

I think most people here feel like we do since they're not on much.
kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:38 pm
I have been posting less and less ever since mismi has put me on ignore. A broken heart will silence even the most prolific of posters.
mismi

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:41 pm
@kickycan,
I could never ignore you...Your much too entertaining Wink
kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:46 pm
@mismi,
And so my heart begins to beat again!

As god is my witness, I will marry you one day!

I can see it now...you looking effevescent in your white dress, me all slick in my freshly-ironed tuxedo t-shirt, and a certified Elvis impersonator/reverend presiding over the ceremony...
Mame

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:47 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

I could never ignore you...Your much too entertaining Wink

Are you sure you're talking about Kicky??????
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:48 pm
@kickycan,
of course - he doesn't make you laugh?
farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:48 pm
I think I post about the same but not with any entusiasm over the subject. Where are the deeper subjects on art, history, science, music? WTF?

The free form threadlist with no ability to capture them into specific categories, makes me have to collapse the threads from the paranoid gun nuts or certain screwballs.

I only ignored 1 person but he had it coming.

I see that the management and several others are "subject fishing" where they just drop topics in the que and wait to see whether we bite. I find many of them useless if the thread originator just drops in an article and then runs away to post another.
I guess that I use the collapse feature to see how many threads have been added since my last view.

It is a bit more boring lately, the content isnt keeping up with the tech.
kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:49 pm
@mismi,
Ha, you got that right!
kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:50 pm
@mismi,
Mame is jealous of our love. Please, try not to bring it up. It hurts her too much.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:51 pm
@Mame,
Hi Mame

I'm still posting on the trivia threads even though I have absolutely no understanding of the new site. Have noticed traffic has slowed down to a trickly with many regulars missing.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:51 pm
@Ragman,
I think the problem is that threads cycle off the first page so rapidly Ragman. Because there are sooooo many threads of no interest to me, I usually just scan the list on the first page and if I don't see anything that grabs me, I move on. I'm far too lazy to look beyond the first page.
mismi

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:53 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
Ha, you got that right!

Sorry - I deleted my "You're so easy Razz " post - but I know I'm right