Are you posting less or more now?

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:19 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Are you on my side or not, gustav?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:23 pm
I'm always on your side, Jane. To the end, sister.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:28 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
http://msnsmileys.net/k/smileys/Kolobok_He_and_She/girl_in_love.gif
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:29 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
You kissin' ass, Gussie?

This thread was not meant to be any kind of complaint about the usabililty of the new site by me as I have no problem with it. I read most of the instructions, understand them, and use them. I love many of the new features, but I do miss a couple of the old ones. This thread was just about how it seems (to me) that there are less people posting and less threads, etc. as I stated in the initial post and I guess I'm just wondering why that is.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:32 pm
@Mame,
You have almost 4 pages of replies Mame, have you found your answer yet?
hamburger

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:54 pm
@Dutchy,
i guess what many of us have expressed sounds like we are "complaining' - perhaps that`s what it sounds like - , but we are really just giving our "opinions`and talk about experiences .

in the example of the tags , to me they are just a hodgepdge , and i have difficulty understanding why they can`t be in alpha order . the explanation was that people would start their tags withh AAA to push them to the top .
i would much prefer a certain number of supertags - for lack of a better word - into which we would fit our threads .
there seems to be an overabundance of threads now - perhaps less might be more .

having worked on my first system conversion in the early 1970`s , i knew and stated early on that this would be an enormous task .

i don`t want to belittle the people who have worked hard and selflessly on a2k !!!

with much thanks to all who work on a2k - but also those who give their opinions .
hbg
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:57 pm
@Mame,
The "feel" of the system is different primarily because of the exposure you get to the "full world" of threads.

In the previous system I would only visit certain forums regularly, so I was completely unaware of activity in other areas (like the trivia forum). But now I see every thread which is created whether I read it or not.

Also I find that I don't even attempt to search for topics by TAG, instead I look through the list of new topics and tag the ones I am interested in. Once that is done I simply review the "my tags" list to see the activity I'm looking for.

What I notice over all is that individual threads don't seem to last as long as the did before and they don't attract a "community" of people to them. Instead people seem to spread their comments around a lot more to multiple threads (probably due to the increased exposure). The result is that everything seems more superficial and less involved. At least that's my impression.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:05 pm
@nimh,
So, I resized and cropped my avvie and stuck it up . SO now you can see the hansome devil that is my A2K self.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:10 pm
@farmerman,
ooh, you are soooo hot

nothing like a man in uniform

is there any chance you're wearing boots?
farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Nope, Gators. Aint I soooo gay? I could sing with the Village People.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:30 pm
@farmerman,
gaiters

you can sing with the Village People, but I'm a spelling nerd
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:58 pm
@Mame,
Definitely posting less, but that's mainly for a couple of reasons.

1- I'm working full time again (since end of July) and don't have a whole lot of free time, except for my days off.

2- If anyone's noticed, I haven't been doing the H.I. thing for a while, but rather putting the odd funny here and there. I'm not sure if anyone finds them funny.

The U.S. election threads kept me away, too, to some degree. Did a whole bunch of collapsing, believe you me.

----------------------

Good to see you around, Mame. How's Calgary? Any snow yet? Laughing
George

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:00 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
The U.S. election threads kept me away, too, to some degree. Did a whole bunch of collasping, believe you me.

I'm with you there, Reyn.
It's like trying to fight your way through a raging sh|tstorm.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:07 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
If the majority wants the old design or something equivalent, then it should be done.

perhaps those folks could just hire someone to design a site the way they'd like it - or design it themselves

~~~

Craven doesn't owe any of us anything.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:13 pm
@CalamityJane,
Hi C/J, here is the "where am I" game, shall we revive it?
http://able2know.org/topic/51686-1272
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:14 pm
I hardly post. I don't care for this format and don't see so many posts by people I used to read and enjoy....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:27 pm
@Mame,
I;m on a come back
dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:39 pm
@Mame,
Much less.

I wish I could think of some interesting threads to post.
0 Replies

husker

@husker,
I wanna know where the neverending games are at?
Ragman

@Green Witch,
ok...I'll figure out how to add my pix avatar. The instructions on how to add it are in the archives, as I recall. If I do add my old avatar, will I then shrink to that size?

If I sounded critical, it is criticism done so with all my caring of the community as well as the massive programming effort (and expense) that went into it. I've stated this before, I've been in the industry and I truly understand how hard it can be to come up with a GUI that satisifies even a plurality of users...never mind the majority. Most of us do recognize that it's a work in progress and, as a veteran of both GUI versions of Abuzz and A2K, I'm in it for the long haul.
0 Replies