Are you posting less or more now?

nimh

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:05 pm
@msolga,
Oh I'm sure it wasnt wasted time - it turned out not to be quite my place, but I still read it sometimes, it's interesting enough. Just doesnt have me. :-)

Yes, busy, good busy - and also decided this was too much of a timesink. Now I waste too much time in other places. :-)

No, I mean, it's true - I spend too much time reading blogs, too much time on Reddit reading and submitting links, too much time on Facebook - I guess it's just kind of ingrained in me, I'm an irredeemable procrastinator. But at least I don't get into endless and rather unproductive discussions in any of those places, and here I didn't seem to be able to stop myself. They cost a lot of time and they didn't make me happy, so I finally managed to wrest myself free and move on. :-)

(No slight to Craven's work here though, nothing to do with him or the design etc. , the site's great and he and the other people who work on it have done great work.)
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:05 pm
Id like to post more but I dont have a lot of interests that are similar to many folks herein. Im also aware that Ive got a whole bunch of cartoon folks who are stalking me and I better watch my fuckin language . Its even got me correcting my spelling errors. Thats too much like a job and I gotta get outta here.
msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:09 pm
@farmerman,
Are you saying you're leaving, farmer?

Say it isn't true.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:11 pm
@farmerman,
eh, ne'er mind the spelling errors!

(also miss nimh)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:17 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
Yes, busy, good busy

This part is good. Smile

Quote:
I'm an irredeemable procrastinator. But at least I don't get into endless and rather unproductive discussions in any of those places, and here I didn't seem to be able to stop myself. They cost a lot of time and they didn't make me happy, so I finally managed to wrest myself free and move on. :-)

You just described my predicament, nimh. Though your problem was way more pronounced! Wink

I'm working on this, too.

But I still miss you anyway. Smile

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:20 pm
@msolga,
Could you please respond to my question, farmer, so's I can get off line?
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:40 am
@msolga,
I hadda get outta there cause we went to dinner lass night. I didnt mean I was going anyhere. Still and all, I have looked at the board this AM and havent seen anything that interested me.
Im not a gamer or trivia
I have no idea what a Feb "Demon " is
The biology threads have gotten tiresome
Nobody is doing painting anymore
No good arguments going on. People just keep trying to "top" each other and Im equally to blame for just feeding them.
Politics is widely partisan so therefore nobody is objective
Homework and ENglish questions abound
etc etc

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:56 am
I find it hard to participate in even subjects that interest me lately. But I hang in there anyway. I would feel better if jerks did not put cowardly, shitty tags on some of my threads.
msolga

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I hadda get outta there cause we went to dinner lass night. I didnt mean I was going anyhere.

Ah. You said you were outta here ... which I thought meant you were Outta Here! (If you know what I mean, farmer. Smile )

Anyway, I was worried. I'm glad you're still here.

I'm sorry you're not enjoying it much right now. I have those moments, too.

Never worry about your spelling (if that was a genuine concern). Your spelling's terrific. I love it! Very Happy

Think. What would you really like to talk about?

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:20 am
@edgarblythe,

I wish people wouldn't do that silly tagging stuff on serious threads, too, edgar.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:28 am
@msolga,
Im trying to find a forum that is mostly on art and painting. I miss the old guys who were active artists.

I also got really tired of one supreme poster who likes to argue by taking small chunks out of context and trying to make often nonsensical points. I hate these seriatem clips of stuff that I (or anyone says) and then a "debator" goes and respondes ad nauseum to many points that are totally out of context.

Then there is the thing that many people just wont shut up and drop the point. They just keep on and on. JEEZUS, a topic can have all the fun wrung out of it.

When I turned 59 I lost a lot of my smiling flexibility. WHen I see a post that is turning into a stupid running argument about'I said this", "No you didnt", "...I meant something other than what you ccuse me of"..."oh Yeah you shithead?". "You are an idiot","No you are "

Im amazed at how childish we can often be and (me included) maybe there should be a feature that just clips one of these empty barrel posters when they respond more than two times on the same thing or all they do is post negative comments to whoever just preceeded them.
(this would have to be done by allowing an up or down vote by the others on the thread).

Well, now I feel better.
msolga

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:44 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Well, now I feel better.

Well good. Very Happy

I didn't know that there used to be old guys who used to paint here, farmer. Somehow I totally missed those threads.

I know what you mean about those debating threads. Heavy, heavy going. Sigh.

Quote:
When I turned 59 I lost a lot of my smiling flexibility.

It's not that much different to 58, you know.

Could I interest you in a thread on the subject of whales, perhaps? Wink

panzade

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:52 am
@farmerman,
I feel the same. I didn't realize how I much I dreaded one poster 'til they left on vacation and it was suddenly a joy to not have 'em mucking about on all the interesting threads.

Interesting topics come and go...I'm lucky because the music posters here are really a superior grade.

I enjoyed the Railroad thread a lot...I think FM had a hand in that
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I find it hard to participate in even subjects that interest me lately.

I'm finding that too Ed. I think the quality of discussion has eroded recently.

Take the thread about the guy with 23 "wives" as an example. The discussion simply takes for granted that the contributors to it are not weak and easy to manipulate and that they haven't been conditioned to accept monogamy when such an institution is at odds with evolution theory and that they haven't been conditioned to be a supporter of teaching evoluti0n theory to the kids. They fondly believe that they have arrived at their scientific conclusions out of their own mental resources. It's quite touching really.

It's as if there is something wrong with being conditioned and manipulated when in actual fact there is no alternative. Thy have even been conditioned into believing that there's something wrong with being conditioned and that they know what "wife" means.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:18 am
@farmerman,
Take farmerman as a typical example. He's missing people, he's tired of this and he hates that and people going on and on ad nauseum about out of context points and them not shutting up and refusing to drop the point and it wringing all the fun out of the threads to such an extent that he can't smile anymore what with the stupid running arguments using words like Bibleshit, IDiots, IDjits, CREtins nuts, arse-speak and a small range of similar crap which leads him into a ridiculous "should be" and pooh-poohing negative points without offering any positive ones.

No wonder he hates pubs. It's like that all the time in pubs and anybody who can't hack it doesn't understand human nature and is looking for a nice fawning and worshipful audience to present his own views on everything under the sun without risking opposition.

It's not art he wants to discuss--it's himself.
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:20 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Could I interest you in a thread on the subject of whales, perhaps?

You could, however, ..... yeh, That was an example of a Romanian fuster cluck wasnt it?
msolga

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:25 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You could, however, ..... yeh, That was an example of a Romanian fuster cluck wasnt it?

Ha. I don't know for sure what exactly it was an example of, farmer.

But, ya gotta admit, it certainly had it's heady moments!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:30 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The biology threads have gotten tiresome

That might be because you are losing the argument fm.
panzade

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:38 am
@spendius,
or it could be 'cause he's arguing with morons...
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 07:47 am
@panzade,
That's not an argument pan. You need to justify your use of "morons" to avoid one revolution circularity.

Could you cite some examples of where fm has been arguing with morons and then we can discuss whether your usage is justified?
0 Replies