Sarah Palin will NEVER be president.

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 08:11 am
All of the carping and sniping aside, i have to agree with the title of the thread that Sarah Palin will never be President.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 08:36 am
@blatham,
chirp chirp
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:13 am
@Setanta,
Looks damned unlikely, doesn't it, set. The more likely outcome and the more interesting one is whether she'll continue to be pushed forward within the conservative movement camp and who will/will not coalesce around such a candidacy.

None of which is to minimize the head-shaking reality of how far this woman got already.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:29 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

None of which is to minimize the head-shaking reality of how far this woman got already.

The head-shaking reality of someone with less experience than Palin is this countries President elect is mind blowing.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:31 am
what few understand is that Palins romp with McCain has in all likelihood sabotaged her ability to survive in Alaska politics. She will have no platform to attempt to rise in national politics. She has also pissed off enough National GOP power centers that no one is going to offer her any more ready made platforms either.

Even is she had the power base, it is highly unlikely going forward that the American people will be sold a partisan hack who is personally ignorant and unknowledgeable (the recession/depression changes everything in politics) . I doubt very much that Palin has the brain wattage to fix this problem.
eoe

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:50 am
@hawkeye10,
She could end up with her own talk show. And with the audience she's likely to attract, there's no big need for any major brain wattage there.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:54 am
@eoe,
That is a good bet, an she will rationalize doing it as a step towards national political power, but this will not be true. She will become an entertainer, and after a time she will admit to herself that her political life is over.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Palin will look like an absolute genius after 4 years of O boy's **** ups.
rabel22

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 02:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
I am sure that she is about 200% smarter than you which makes her just slightly smarter than a box of rocks.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:04 pm
@rabel22,

This from one of our resident liberal assholes... brilliant !!

rabel22, you should have been on ignore long ago.
dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 05:33 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

She could end up with her own talk show. And with the audience she's likely to attract, there's no big need for any major brain wattage there.

As long as none of them try to do ANYTHING else while they're talking!
Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 06:45 pm
@eoe,
Jesus . . . i'd say. If Maury Povich can have his own show . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 07:05 pm
Anybody see the clip with Palin "pardoning" a turkey , while someone is putting a turkey carcass through a wood chipper in the background.

That is so wrong. She deserves more respect.
rabel22

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 07:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
I would appreciate it water man because you and I have nothing to talk about.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 08:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Anybody see the clip with Palin "pardoning" a turkey , while someone is putting a turkey carcass through a wood chipper in the background.

That is so wrong. She deserves more respect.

Who? Palin or the turkey?
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 09:01 pm
@eoe,
Quiet, Im thinking it over.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 05:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
She has also pissed off enough National GOP power centers

I'm not at all sure that's true. It seems to me the people who find her disagreeable are mainly the ones who have been marginalized as regards actual power in the modern party. Who are you thinking of?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 05:37 am
@dlowan,
Yeah. Indeed. It now looks beyond obvious that a talk show is likely one of the venues where she'd fall on her ass immediately. Her inability to either talk or think coherently, particularly in the seat-of-the-pants mode of a talk or interview show, puts this one out of reach....once the talking points are exhausted, there'll be vast expanses of white nothing.

Heavily rehearsed, diligently protected, figurehead Sarah together with an audience of the sort she spoke to at rallies looks the only plausible scenario. That was the route that allowed Bush to achieve the nomination and presidency but she's even less functional so it would have to be quite an effort.

For now, she's the darling of the talk radio crowd and the religious right crowd. That ends immediately they decide she can't be a winner. Why they assume she might possibly work out is a puzzle. It's quite possible that they are just temporaily using her now as a symbol (true for Joe the Plumber too) to do one of the main propaganda tasks they do daily...attack the media and the Dems and moderate Republicans who've gone apostate as elitists who despise the regular folks.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 09:07 pm
Assuming that Hillary is the Secretary of State, and therefore, I believe, neatly eliminated from a 2012 run for the Presidency, many of America's women, in effect, will still be wanting a first lady President. Now, if we suddenly start seeing many articles by Palin in women's magazines, that just might be a clue that there will be an effort to make her more acceptable to America's women for a 2012 run. Her photogenic self, and talking points can then be separated by four years of intelligent magazine interviews/articles.

I personally do not think she is going out of the political picture. She is young enough to be a running mate for another Republican in 2012.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 09:37 pm
@Foofie,
aaaccckk...

bill the cat.
0 Replies