Sarah Palin will NEVER be president.

blatham

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 07:49 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:

UNREAL. She blabbers on and on in her trademark incoherent manner. President Palin? God forbid!

Place this footage in the context of the commonplace heard by pundits across the board regarding Palin's "natural" or "in born" political intuitions and talents.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:22 am
@Debra Law,
That video is going to give cjsha a hard-on.
Blickers

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
UNREAL. She blabbers on and on in her trademark incoherent manner. President Palin? God forbid!

I thought she was decent in that interview. A little fluffy, but I thought she got some points across.

What I took away from that interview, after seeing it just once, (you only have my word for that, of course), was that she gained a great appreciation for what it takes for a candidate to run for national office, and that she has gained respect for all candidates in that regard. She said that she was at the turkey farm because she was invited, she wanted to promote an Alaska business and that it was nice to make an appearance that was not likely be analyzed and criticized in detail, or that would be fun to do even if was.

Turning to the governing of Alaska, she said she viewed her goal as reducing the size of government and getting it off the backs of the people, and that the reductions she made when the price of oil was high are now paying off now that the price of oil is much lower. However, she plans to make even further reductions in state government. She finished up with answering the interviewer's question about what she plans to do for Thanksgiving with the family. Not bad for an interview which lasted 3 minutes and 9 seconds.

It was intended to be a fluffy interview, but she actually did manage to work some statements of substance in there. The question of why the networks continue to give us these interviews which are not intended to be anything but fluff is another story-you can't blame Palin for that. TV "news" been doing that forever. I do not know if her statements in this interview, when written down, would look good. But as delivered on this clip, she was about as clear and substantive as the interview form would allow.

I won't defend other things she said at other times. But on this clip she wasn't bad. Whether you agree with what she said about the role of government or what she has done in office so far is a separate issue.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:28 am
@Green Witch,
let's don't go overboard.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:36 am
@Blickers,
But then it was all negated by the sheer stupidity of conducting the interview in clear sight of the turkey slaughter. Geez Louise. Even the guy doing the slaughtering kept looking back at the camera like "do they know what I'm doing back here?" It was a major case of head-up-the-ass unawareness. Absolutely stunning.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:48 am
@eoe,
and just yesterday I thanked Jesus for her not being on the news....what did I do to offend Him? In this particular instance I mean....
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:47 pm
@Blickers,
That's what she said? Incoherent Palin-speak isn't my language. Thanks for interpreting.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 01:29 pm
@eoe,
Actually, I was hearing reports this morning that she / her staff knew what was going on in the scene behind her, had been asked about the location and they/ she had indicated it wasn't a problem.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 01:36 pm
@squinney,
yup.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:15 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

Actually, I was hearing reports this morning that she / her staff knew what was going on in the scene behind her, had been asked about the location and they/ she had indicated it wasn't a problem.

I don't believe it. That's gotta be spin.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:18 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

But then it was all negated by the sheer stupidity of conducting the interview in clear sight of the turkey slaughter. Geez Louise. Even the guy doing the slaughtering kept looking back at the camera like "do they know what I'm doing back here?" It was a major case of head-up-the-ass unawareness. Absolutely stunning.

I agree. She's a bobblehead.
eoe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:21 pm
@Debra Law,
It's like a sickness. She can't get out of her own way.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:38 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

It's like a sickness.

Liberalism is a sickness.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 04:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
and enough of the country caught this insidious sickness to kick you conservative assholes to the curb....you can't change it no matter how much you pout. suffer bitch.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 05:28 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,

It is you that will suffer... your master will abuse you and all that voted for him.
Your asshole will bleed and your lips will split... you will reap your just rewards.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
I feel your hate....your journey to the Dark side is complete....
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:13 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Much like the irrational hatred for Sarah Palin expressed in this forum and on this thread.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, are you truly ready to support her as a national candidate?

Kurious in Kansas...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:24 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
That's not my hate your feeling...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 08:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Irrational"? "Hatred"? That's far too easy and it's a dishonest cop-out, finn. Colin Powell is motivated by hatred and is irrational? Chris Buckley? There's a very long list of conservatives and Republicans who share our utter dismay that Palin was the VP candidate or that she might become the Presidential candidate later.

What precedents might you offer up where another candidate has gained such a broad and serious level of rejection from within the party he/she represents based not upon ideology but upon a lack of intellectual and educational fitness for a post of such importance and responsibility?