To the Conservatives Who Are Angry

parados

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:06 am
@cjhsa,
Good luck in your business venture. I am amazed that someone would plan to start a business knowing that it will fail. But then, you are that kind of a guy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:30 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

But bottom line, Cheney is a very polarizing figure, not a pleasant guy, and appears to be very vindictive, based upon what I have learned about him.

AND he shot a guy in the face.

Is anyone in a position to know even alleging that the shooting wasn't an accident?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:00 am
@Brandon9000,

I like Cheney a lot.
He is a good American, better than W.
I wish he 'd been President.
I 'd have LOVED to vote for Cheney, a lot better than McC.,
but Cheney did not want the job.

I predict that McC. will not run for re-election.
He makes a better Democrat than GOP.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:13 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,

I wrote that rong; just tired.

I meant to say that the citizens of America are on the way
into permanent docility under domination of the government
that thay created; kinda Frankenstein like.
kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I feel for you David. Really, I do. But trust me, it isn't the end. I remember hearing people on the left saying the exact same sorts of things you're saying when Bush got elected. And look. The sky didn't fall, it didn't start raining fire, and the republic still stands.

This country will be here for a long time, far longer than you and I will be, so just chill, my brother. All will work itself out in the end.

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:10 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

I feel for you David. Really, I do. But trust me, it isn't the end. I remember hearing people on the left saying the exact same sorts of things you're saying when Bush got elected. And look. The sky didn't fall, it didn't start raining fire, and the republic still stands.

This country will be here for a long time, far longer than you and I will be, so just chill, my brother. All will work itself out in the end.

A song for sad conservatives:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:42 am
@okie,
I think that Obama picking Emanuel was a great bit of political astuteness. As a former executive, I understand the value of playing "good cop/bad cop". Obama can be all sweetness and light and charisma, with Emanuel acting as his hatchet man.

Like it or not, it is a very effective way to govern.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 07:04 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

Great! The conseratives on this thread gloted for the eight years Bush was screwing the whole country and now you are preaching togetherness. Well in a couple of words screw you all.

It took the people a long time to realize what a complete moron and idiot GW Bush was/is. Why not give Obama the same opportunity to either prove you right or wrong.
Below viewing threshold (view)
kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:29 am
@cjhsa,
And the collective response to that is?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:50 am
@cjhsa,
That great Bush Presidency..
When Bush leaves office -

Dow is looking to close 20% or more below what it was when he took office.
S&P will be off by more than 30% from when he took office.
Government spending went from a surplus the year before he took office to a deficit of almost $1 trillion this year
He has increased the debt the most of any post WW2 President, both in dollar amount and as a percent of GDP.
The US debt has gone from 58% of GDP in 2000 to 72.5% of GDP in 2008.
The banking crisis is the worst since the great depression.
We are presently in 2 wars, spending billions each month
The economy is predicted to be in one of the worst recessions in the last 40 years if not since the 1930s.

I guess, I'm not sure what Obama can possibly do to underachieve in comparison to Bush.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:20 am

The only post-election anger I see is coming from the left!

You people don't know how to savor a win and enjoy life... how very sad for you!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:27 am
@parados,
Quote:
I guess, I'm not sure what Obama can possibly do to underachieve in comparison to Bush.

That is sort of my stance too.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:27 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I think that Obama picking Emanuel was a great bit of political astuteness. As a former executive, I understand the value of playing "good cop/bad cop". Obama can be all sweetness and light and charisma, with Emanuel acting as his hatchet man.

Like it or not, it is a very effective way to govern.

Plus, for all his fire, Emanuel is fairly moderate and practical. I don't think he'll put up with a lot of BS, but that doesn't mean he won't listen to reason.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
@engineer,
Emanuel will support lawsuits against gun manufacturers for their misuse by Chicagoland gangsters who obtain them illegally and then shoot someone. He will also support "smart gun" technology which is fully intended to disarm all but the very, very rich (and Obama now gets to decide who those rich people are). Mark my words.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:36 am
I have a general comment related to the title of this thread. According to an AMA study in 2007, people coping with loss go through negative emotions such as depression and anger. Such negative emotions peak during the first six months post-loss, after which most people reach acceptance.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 11:01 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:

I have a general comment related to the title of this thread.
According to an AMA study in 2007, people coping with loss
go through negative emotions such as depression and anger.
Such negative emotions peak during the first six months post-loss,
after which most people reach acceptance.

This is TRUE.
Look at the revolution in Russia in 1917.
Communist slavery was accepted for over 70 years.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:06 pm
@wandeljw,
Cool...so this will all go away in 6 months.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:13 pm
@Bella Dea,
It was farmerman who tipped me off that some are going thru various stages of grief. I checked Google to see what kind of scientific studies have been done. The most recent study was done for the February 2007 Journal of the American Medical Association.

Farmerman had mentioned we could do a study using certain posters on A2K. This would need to be done in secret. We can not let anyone know who exactly is in the study. Farmerman has some of his students secretly collecting data.