To the Conservatives Who Are Angry

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:56 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

I am not gloating by any means. I am simply saying the election is over, Obama won, move on or shut up.

That's all.

You can be upset. No one is saying you can't be upset. Being upset and being psychotic are two different things.

Bear in mind, though, that there will be new elections every four years.
RexRed

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:58 pm
@Bella Dea,
Quote:
If you want to move, ******* move already!
We don't need your kind here any way.

Proverbs 16:18 KJV
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:02 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

I am not gloating by any means. I am simply saying the election is over, Obama won, move on or shut up.

That's all.

You can be upset. No one is saying you can't be upset. Being upset and being psychotic are two different things.

But aren't the crazies just the usual crazies? Why would they be anything but still crazy, with interest?
okie

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:09 pm
In case anyone hasn't noticed, bipartisanship to a Democrat means never disagree with them.

Rahm Emanuel, now there is a guy that brings real togetherness and bipartisanship, I can't help but notice Obama has picked one of the most partisan guys around, a guy that is one angry guy that sticks steak knifes into tables and yells dead for every Republican that comes to his mind, oh and also the same guy that mailed a dead fish to someone he didn't like. Sounds like a serious head case in my opinion. Obama, you couldn't be off to a more audacious start!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:31 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

In case anyone hasn't noticed, bipartisanship to a Democrat means never disagree with them.

Rahm Emanuel, now there is a guy that brings real togetherness and bipartisanship, I can't help but notice Obama has picked one of the most partisan guys around, a guy that is one angry guy that sticks steak knifes into tables and yells dead for every Republican that comes to his mind, oh and also the same guy that mailed a dead fish to someone he didn't like. Sounds like a serious head case in my opinion. Obama, you couldn't be off to a more audacious start!

Well, your biased opinions aside, Rahm was asked to be Chief of Staff, not 'liaison to the other side.' And it's funny to watch you repeat the exact same thing you read on right-wing blogs today.

Cycloptichorn
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:43 pm
the bloody revolution is so close...I'm fully stocked on guns ammo liquor and whores... discount prices to both sides.... I smell money...
mysteryman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 06:37 pm
@Bella Dea,
I find it funny that you are complaining about what a few people are saying.

If I remember correctly, there were many on the dem side saying the exact same things when Bush won, both in 2000 AND 2004.

I dont remember you saying anything to them about how they sounded.

Why is that?
okie

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 10:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclops, try to be somewhat considerate of the real world, and recognize that your world view is not the only view. Face it, Obama has promised bipartisanship. I want to give him a chance, but seriously, Rahm Emanuel is one of the most partisan guys around, and a very angry man, bent on winning at any cost. Is this a man to bring balance to the White house?

If Obama does something good, I will try to see it and complement him for it, but so far there is nothing to go on, nothing. All the rhetoric, we can leave it in the past, but now we get into the meat of the issue, and that is judged by results. Who Obama chooses to help him run his presidency is important, don't you think?

I will mention one possible positive. Apparently Emanuel has Jewish roots, so does this send a signal that Obama intends to defend Israel? Maybe so. I would have grave doubts about this, but I honestly do not know, there is little to go on. But bottom line, Emanuel is a very polarizing figure, not a pleasant guy, and appears to be very vindictive, based upon what I have learned about him. But perhaps this makes alot of sense that Obama would surround himself with such personality types, as we've seen this before.

The beat goes on. I am nervous, but still hopeful that we can get through this without too much damage. Who knows, the guy might surprise us all, and if he does, I will tell you, cyclops.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 10:40 pm
@okie,
Hey, Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face.
okie

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:11 pm
@parados,
It was an accident.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:55 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:

the bloody revolution is so close

There will be no revolution, neither bloody nor otherwise.
America will go out not with a bang, but a whimper. . . . into permanent docility.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:28 am
@Brandon9000,
Exactly.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:28 am
@dlowan,
True, true.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:30 am
@mysteryman,
Was I even here then?

I don't remember.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:31 am
@okie,
But bottom line, Cheney is a very polarizing figure, not a pleasant guy, and appears to be very vindictive, based upon what I have learned about him.

AND he shot a guy in the face.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:36 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

But bottom line, Cheney is a very polarizing figure, not a pleasant guy, and appears to be very vindictive, based upon what I have learned about him.

AND he shot a guy in the face.

My kind of guy.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
permanent docility sounds great.....imagine turning on the news and not hearing about how some greedy motherfuckers decided to invade a country or suck an insurance executives dick for money so those greedy bastards could charge any goddam thing they wanted.... imagine not hearing about how we're interfering in some other countries doings while we can't clean up our own..... imagine being part of the world without trying to run the damn thing.....imagine not being told we have to be enemies with one godless country after another simply because they don't worship the correct God..... imagine living in a country that, even if other countries conduct themselves internally in ways that we find abhorrent, we recognize that it's not our concern if they're not bothering us.

Docility....hell yes.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:04 am
@cjhsa,
because you sure don't possess the balls to actually shoot someone.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
LOFL!
0 Replies