Are the Republican A2Kers getting desperate?

Eorl

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:09 pm
Is it just me, or is there a frenzy of propaganda coming from the right flank just now? It seems a little desperate at this stage of the game

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:12 pm
@Eorl,
Far too little, far too late. Put this one in the books.

But yeah, I agree.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:14 pm
@Eorl,
No, no. Sen McCain says every day: "My friends, we have the Democrats right where we want them!"
Desperation on the part of the Repubs here? Hell, no.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:21 pm
What's desperate about dredging up three-year-old unsubstantiated rumors and accusations regarding Obama, rumors that were dispelled as soon as they were raised three or four years ago?
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:22 pm
@Merry Andrew,
He's not a U.S. citizen, you know. Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:45 pm
Getting?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:56 pm
@Eorl,
Not necessarily the Republicans, but the group that would like to consider themselves representative of the true old-skool of conservatism are getting a bit twitchy.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:12 pm
@Eorl,
It's just you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:12 pm
@Eorl,
There's a frenzy of propaganda coming, one assumes, from the Mc Cain campaign.

I assume some A2k conservatives are passing it on.

I don't really know...I just collapse dumb propaganda threads.

I tell you what, though....if Obama wins I really hope no Obama supporters behave the way a number of righties here did after the last election....that was really disgusting...you know, the gloating and all.

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:25 pm
@dlowan,
I, here in what was once thought of as a swing state (Virginia), am getting 3-5 robo-calls a day. All anti-Obama. The last one had a deep-voice guy ominously warning about who Obama might nominate for the Supreme Court. People who might not think like the rest of us do. People who may not be pro-American.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:34 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
the group that would like to consider themselves representative of the true old-skool of conservatism

Please -- no elevating the level of the discussion! Please keep up with your correspondents' spelling: "old-sKKKool".
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 11:33 pm
@dlowan,
Sorry dlowan.If obama and the democrates win the presidency and congress, even though I have had some unkind things to say about Obama, I for one will gloat like crazy. The thought of 4 more years of republican rule is too disgusting to contemplate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 05:19 am
McCain has abandoned everything that he originally stood for in this campaign. By so doing, if hes fortunate enough to win (and the possibility exists ), we will have four years of the most cynical of administartions ever. He will be nothing but a tired footnote and wont be able to accomplish Jack ****. AND, theres that looming spectre of the Ice Maiden being elevated to the presidency should Gramps get a bad cold..

I gotta take some adjida meds,

OH yeh, Whenever I see a thread by gungasnakkke, Ceej, H20Man, Woiyo, or Foxfyre, I just collapse them(along with any puzzle hysteria). I wont do so with Om Sig, because he has just enough "humor cred" to slip under my personal bullshit filter.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:17 am
@Eorl,
Propaganda?

Is the posting of facts and the attempt to debate them now called "propaganda"?

I think you are desperately trying to avoid the debate and the exposure of the real truth about Obama.
blatham

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:35 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
There's a frenzy of propaganda coming, one assumes, from the Mc Cain campaign.
I assume some A2k conservatives are passing it on

"Passing it on" they are indeed. But the worst of this stuff is coming from outside the campaign (a lot is critical of the campaign for not being extremist enough) through, mainly, talk radio. You can read okie or Fox or woiyo and you are reading what the conservative radio jocks are saying that day or that week. As I said somewhere else, it is almost a 1 to 1 correspondence. It saves them having to go to the trouble of thinking.

Quote:
I tell you what, though....if Obama wins I really hope no Obama supporters behave the way a number of righties here did after the last election....that was really disgusting...you know, the gloating and all.

For jolly good fun, peruse the following Tico-initiated thread... http://able2know.org/topic/37997-1
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:53 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
Propaganda?

Is the posting of facts and the attempt to debate them now called "propaganda"?

I think you are desperately trying to avoid the debate and the exposure of the real truth about Obama.

You allege that you deal in facts, and attempt to debate them. In your thread about Obama being hung in effigy, beside ignoring the fact of a century of lynching black men, you also whine about a double standard because Palin was hung in efficy, ignoring altogether the fact that the police and prosecution authorities are completely different from one city to another, never mind that one incident took place in California and the other in Kentucky.

You put your own partisan spin on events, and then with a disgustingly pious and false claim to the moral high ground, claim you just present facts and attempt to debate them. You're no better (and no worse) than any other partisan.

But what is hilarious is that Eorl is not even an American--he won't be voting Republican or Democrat.
Eorl

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:15 am
@Setanta,
Very true, Setanta! Nice to see you by-the-way.

(I might point out that although we don't vote, the rest of us are significantly affected by who you guys choose to be the "leader of the free world" - just check out our stock exchange)
blatham

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:21 am
@Eorl,
We just had McTag and wife visit from Manchester. They tell us that the American election has been covered in depth and on a daily basis in their press and on their TV news broadcasts.

US equals big footprint.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:31 am
@blatham,

Are Desperate A2K Democrats about to get Disappointed?

You Betcha!
blatham

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:43 am
@H2O MAN,
Oh certainly. All the signs point your way.

"Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"