Are the Republican A2Kers getting desperate?

rabel22

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 10:19 am
@blatham,
I thought the same thing in 2000. I was sure that the electorate would be able to see through a multimillionares i am just one of the boys bullshyt but I was wrong.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:55 pm
@Setanta,
I'm meaning that for more recently, Setanta. I do not believe Democrats are as supportive of Israel as Republicans. Perhaps Hillary a bit more than Obama, but Obama, no way. I base this not on what he says, but on his associations and likely sympathies. His heart will not be with Israel, no way, and I fail to understand how people can be fooled into thinking otherwise. Of course, we will have to wait and see what happens, but already people are theorizing a possible strike on Iran by Israel before the inauguration, if Obama wins. There are good reasons for that theory, Setanta.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 02:41 am

Tobias Wolff in the paper yesterday

"....not forgetting to list yet again the national and global catastrophes brought about by the incompetence, hypocrisy, muddleheadedness, venality, truculence, mendacity, callousness, zealotry, machismo, lawlessness, cynicism, wishful thinking, and occasional downright evil of the administration of George W Bush. Our economy is in freefall, our public school system a disgrace, our military exhausted, the wounded and traumatised dying of neglect, yea, the very earth groaning for relief - and he's optimistic! Yessiree! Looking forward to it! Leaning toward us over the podium with that exasperated little squint and that impatient, dentist-drill voice, utterly at a loss as to how he got saddled with a nation of such gloomy Guses and crybabies.
"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/nov/02/george-bush-legacy-usa
blatham

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:55 am
@McTag,
Indeed.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 09:24 am
@Eorl,
Sure enough a lot of excuses floating out there along with the hope that the election will be so close that they can pull off another grand theft. Let's hope that the general public is not as dumb as Granny Palin. In this video she is pranked by a couple of smart Canadians & is convinced that she is talking to the president of France!

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=QbEwKcs-7Hc
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 05:11 pm
@Eorl,
I don't see it as being any more than normal.

T
K
O
0 Replies