Why I Support John McCain

barackman28

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:19 pm
@slkshock7,
Slkshock 7-

You betray yourself as a racist--"Homeboy"?

I am not a "homeboy" but racists sometimes use that term. We call ourselves homeboys but none other can use the term. We have been denigrated too often with hatred toallow racists to address us as such!

You show your ignorance about Harvard Law School. You indicate that the process of choice for Law Review President was changed. Indeed it was but you have stated yourself that half of the Law Review Class was selected by grades and half in writing competition.

You realize, I hope, that the freshman class at Harvard Law is made up of the most outstanding scholars in the country. Their SAT scores, and LSAT scores identify they as the brightest. Of course, and I hope you know this, Harvard Law Freshmen are most often graduates of top undergraduate schools. These Harvard Freshmen are most often straight A students.

I hope you realizde that Senator Obama's grades at Harvard were not only high enough to enable him to be in the relatively small group of students chosen for the Law Review. If, on the other hand, his grades were not of the top twenty five percent, he had to compete in a writing contest. These law school writing contests sometimes take three or four days.
Imagine the competition between these freshmen who are all great scholars.
Imagine the writing prowess needed to score highly enough to be selected.

I am sure that you know nothing about Senator Obama's ability to write. I am fairly certain that you would never read a book written by him. I have read them. You should try to do so. They are much much better than anything written by Bush or his lapdog,McCain. At least, Senator Obama didn't use ghost writers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 10:41 am
@Diest TKO,
The conservatives continue to attack all the positives of Obama, because they can't find any comparison to their own candidates. Obama was top of his class, McCain was fifth from the bottom. They can't even see their own foolishness, because it's now embedded in their meme. Attack all the positives of your competition, because their own candidate's weaknesses are not defendable in any logical or ethical way.

candidone1

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Being an elitist then, means being academic, hard working and intelligent.

Not being an elitist means that you come from old money and have enjoyed a privileged and patrician upbringing.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 11:41 am
@barackman28,
I think slkshock was probably referring more to the "you're from Chi-town and Barack's from Chi-town, ergo, you support him because you're both from Chicago."
Hence the term "homeboy".

I wouldn't defend slkshock under normal circumstances because we dont' share the same political perspectives, but I read more that it was a geographical "homeboy" than it was ethnic.
slkshock7

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 02:14 pm
@candidone1,
Thanks, Candidone1
candidone1

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 03:00 pm
@slkshock7,
As long as I was correct in my defense....you're welcome.
0 Replies

barackman28

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:08 pm
I don't allow anyone who graduated from the war machine's college to call me homeboy. War Machine Colleges are loaded with elitists who think they are better than anyone else. Slkshock should try to live in the ghetto for just two weeks. His eyes would be opened, if he survived!
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 02:22 am
@barackman28,
Bman - Welcome to A2K.

I think you're right about a lot of things, but I sense that you've got kind of a chip on your shoulder.

Our military institutions are not war machine colleges. The war machine colleges I know of are mostly churches, and some businesses. Our military must run no matter who is their commander and chief. I promise you that many of the soldiers in Iraq don't approve of the war, but go out of a sense of duty.

My friend Brandon got shot on his second tour. He returned to the states. He continued to serve the Army by training soldiers and working on his degree. He was approached about returning to Iraq because he was a specially trained soldier and his skills could help. He spent a great deal of time thinking and then decided to return. I asked him why he was going, and he told me that he didn't give a damn about winning a war, but he knew that his experience could help keep some of our men alive. He went out of sense of duty to the men, not the country. Since he was a wounded veteran, he had the option to turn them down and continue to stay in the US and train soldiers. He recently returned.

The republicans like to claim that the military is behind them, but it's just politics. The military is for the protection of the country and you'd be hard pressed to find many that would have come to the conclusion to attack Iraq on their own.

The US is a large collection of many cultures and it's easy to get caught up in our own little insular worlds.

To those in the ghettos, there is no larger image than what happens in the ghetto.
To those in the churches, there is no larger image than god.
To those on the farm, there is no larger image than what happens to our agriculture.
To those on wall street, there is no larger image than what happens in their checkbook.
etc
etc
etc

I don't agree with slkshock's world view, nor do I care for the way he enjoys to express it. It's just water under the bridge I suppose. I wouldn't take the "home boy" thing to offense. Rather, I'd take to offense that he thinks that your political conclusion was reduced to your geography, and then dismissed.

T
K
O
barackman28

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:55 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO I agree with 95% of what you write but I think you have been sheltered in your life. What you do not seem to understand and what most of poor people understand, intuitively, at least, is that American Society is set up to be INSTITUTIONALLY RACIST. Oh, they let the poor and minorities have a sop now and than but the "fat cats" run it.

Oh--look at Condi and Colin--"proof" that the Society is not fundamentally racist!! sure!!!

Until the US government treats all people equally both de facto and de jure and gives black people and Hispanics an equal seat at the table, the USA will continue to be a racist society.

Of course, there are always idiots who will say that only Caucasians are "smart" enough! The society has not tried to pour in the money needed into the ghettos to solve the education and poverty problems.

Expensive? You bet. But if the Billions spent on Bush's wars could have been used to make the USA a kinder country for its minorities, real changes could have been made.

West Point? It is the War Machine college. How many people at West Point are Black or Hispanic? How many non-coms in the US Military are black or Hispanic?

The elite will always keep the poor and powerless down until someone comes along to erase institutional racism. That change agent is Senator Barack Obama.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:03 am
@barackman28,
If we do most things by scholastic achievement, our government and industry leaders would be Asian by a huge majority. That ain't gonna happen, because perceptions for most people about who has the smarts are wrong, and discrimination is still alive and well.

It's not only blacks and Hispanics, but women as well, even though they've made considerable gains during the past two decades.
barackman28

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
The average Asian IQ is 103. You are correct that there would be many more Asians in government but not by a huge majority. There are so many jobs in DC and in the governmental seats of power in the USA that blacks and Hispanics would, if fairly treated, gain a good slice of them.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:40 am
@barackman28,
Uh sheltered?

While I'm very proud of what my father was able to provide meanwhile I was growing up, I grew up very poor. For the first time in my life I have health insurance. I'm from MO and in 2006, I lost my home in the ice storms that ravaged Southwest MO. I'm a part of a minority, I have experienced plenty of discrimination and vexed hate first hand. I'm not speaking as an observer here.

T
K
O
0 Replies