Why I Support John McCain

Parker Cross

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:37 am
@FreeDuck,
Last half of my post was the case for McCain. Did you actually read it. I'm sorry it was a bit long. It is a complex subject.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:37 am
@Parker Cross,
Ok, I've got you figured out now. George, if you want to be president you should just go ahead and run. Advocating for the job on an internet forum probably won't get you hired.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:39 am
@Parker Cross,
I'm sorry I didn't. I couldn't get past the first sentence. I will give it another shot in the hope that the last half does not consist of your case that John McCain is not, in fact, Barack Obama.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:44 am
@FreeDuck,
Really? You made comment on something you didn't even bother reading?
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:49 am
@Parker Cross,
Ok, I read the whole thing. Let me see if I have this straight:
Obama is not a good candidate because he gives good speeches, he is inexperienced, and he gives good speeches. McCain is a good candidate because he was a war hero, he's a maverick in the senate who doesn't use words like "change" or "hope", and he is pro-war and pro-surge. Do I have that about right?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:50 am
@McGentrix,
I commented on the part that I read, and my comment was about the fact that I couldn't get past it. Do you have a problem with that?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 01:42 pm
why i do not support john mccain;

* he is too damn old. he's a great guy and would possibly have been a good president in the past. but now? please... he's beginning to show signs of mental weakness. his health is not that great.

a mccain presidency would be nothing but a shoe horn for;

* a sarah palin presidency. if mccain's current policies are bush 44, palin is nothing short of a bush 45 with an even heavier dollop of evangelical voodoo, draconian morality and further intrusion into people's personal lives.

oh, and yeah. she doesn't know much either.

why i support obama;

* he has a firm grasp on constitutional law. we could really use a little of that after the last 8 years.

* i believe he realizes that he's the vision guy; so he's been seeking advise from others more knowledgeable in various areas. that's not a weakness, that is smart.

* rather than picking a veep for the sake of appeasing a small demographic of the party, obama pulled biden, who has a wealth of experience and knows what levers have to be pulled to get things done. change may be the battle cry, but a smart leader understands that he is more likely to achieve the goal when surrounded by veterans of any particular field.

* then, there is of course the thing about being positive and not trying to scare the shite out of the american people every ten minutes for the sole purpose of getting or staying in power.

candidone1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 02:50 pm
@McGentrix,
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to write a thread titled "Why I support John McCain" that didn't include Obama at all?
Wouldn't the support for McCain exist independent of whether it was Clinton, Edwards or Biden as the opponent?
This "declaration of support" is a sophomoric sparring match with Obama mixed with some comments about McCain rather than being a true expression of support.

It's like writing a valentine's card to my wife, but beginning it with a few paragraphs about why my ex was such a terrible parnter.
As Chris Rock would say...."You can do it, it just don't mean it's a good fuckin' idea."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:21 pm
@Parker Cross,
Parker Cross wrote:

Quote:
Obama has been too successful as both a lawyer and a public servant.

What success? What success that qualifies him to lead the free world. Come to think of it Drew, George Clooney has been worlds more successful in his field than Obama. Johnny Cochrane is a successful lawyer, perhaps he would be a better candidate. State senator is not exactly a Presidential prep school now is it. With no executive experience, no true public service bona fides, all that is left is the desire for power that matched with an unparalleled persuasiveness is masquerading as "destiny".

Oh, please. You were doing better with the empty suit argument.

Let George Clooney run for President, and we'll judge him on his merits. Johnny Cochran's dead, by the way, so he's not eligible.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:37 pm
@Parker Cross,
Obama spent 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, became the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, graduated Magna Cum Laude (in comparison, McCain graduated from the Naval Academy almost dead last in his class), created a voter registration drive that registered 150,000 new voters, spent 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spent 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, became chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spent 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees.

But yeah, other than that, he's totally unqualified.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 08:19 pm
@kickycan,
jesusgod, kicky, I love when you write from the heart.

Joe(and place fact in front of fact in front of fact.)Nation
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:17 pm
@Parker Cross,
barack rocks
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:17 pm
@Parker Cross,
barack rocks
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If you feel U.S. oil companies should receive the $16 billion tax break Bush believes they should receive then by all means vote Republican!
If you believe that U.S. oil companies' profits of $250 billion in 2007 represent a good result for America, then vote Republican.
George W. Bush does not believe that this $250 billion profit is excessive.

If you believe Social Security should be privatized, believing that investment banks and Wall Street are safer than the traditional conservative federal government approach represented to this point, then do vote Republican.

Bush believed in privatizing the Social Security system so much that he used Air Force One to travel to 50 states to make his point.
If you believe the Iraq War was challenging, but nevertheless such a success as Bush believes, joined by Republican presidential nominee John McCain, who has said that we should stay in Iraq if it takes 100 years, do vote Republican.
For the next 100 years U.S. schools should begin teaching Arabic should McCain win so we can continue to send Americans to Iraq for the next century.

If you believe the Iraqi vote, whose citizens by an overwhelming majority proclaimed they wanted U.S. occupying forces to get out of Iraq, do as the Republicans demand, ignore the Iraqi democratic vote and "stay the course", "finish the job!"
If you believe the big banks should be bailed out with billions of U.S. cash dollars as the Republican leadership has done following the mortgage fraud meltdown, vote Republican.

This is the proven Republican response to bankers who provided loans to people with bad credit and no funds adequate to ever pay back these mortgages when rates escalated.

But not to worry. U.S. bankers sold these worthless mortgages to banks around the world, costing foreign banks $300 to $400 billion in losses.

Nobody goes to jail. The Republicans just keep currency printers working night and day, bailing out bank scam artists. Keep this trend going! Vote Republican!
One of the Beatles' song hits was called "The Fool on the Hill."
Who does that remind you of?

The Doors had a song hit reminding one of the Republican misguided ship of state.
It was called "Ship of Fools."

http://www.politicalcortex.com/story/2008/4/1/213534/3810

Let’s make an omelet. (I guess we’ll have to break some eggs.)

Start with an empire grown in genocide & fertilized with greed & corruption.
Completely saturate for over two centuries in a marinade of government brewed from war, annexation of lands, corruption, cronyism, nepotism, corporatization, bowing to special interests, lying to its’ own citizens & those of other nations, illegal intervention in the affairs of sovereign nations, assassination, theft, extortion, murder, bribery, torture, suppression of democracy & a long list of exotic ingredients to numerous to be included here.

1. Carefully select an alcohol soaked, un-elected, psychotic tyrant who absolutely believes he answers to no one.
2. Blend with a fully compliant congress “full of sound & fury, signifying nothing”, enabler to said tyrant.
3. Combine with a radicalized judiciary, especially the Supreme Court, steeped in far right ideology.
4. Add an overripe system of corporations having the same rights as but vastly more power than persons.
5. To enhance corporate flavor, outsource manufacturing & associated jobs & sweeten with lots of subsidies.
6. Include one privatized, debt based monetary system to issue currency & control the funding for everything.
7. Enhance privatization bitterness by including all essential goods & services, especially education & healthcare.
8. Don’t forget pacified citizens marinated in a mix of public education & rampant consumerism for decades.
9. When adding citizens be sure there are large pinches each of disenfranchised voters & impoverished workers.
10. To accent the sourness of citizens remember a generous dollop of Christian fundamentalists.
11. Remember to include callous disregard & contempt for the least fortunate of the population.
12. Mix in a dwindling supply of crude oil whipped to a frothy consistency by increasing energy demands.
13. A large portion of fresh, human-enhanced, global climate change will add savor.
14. Extra body will be added by illegal, pre-emptive attacks on non-threatening nations (occupy for extra zest).
15. Remember lots of military bases everywhere for that nice, meaty chunkiness.
16. To speed up the process of destruction include a large portion of depleted uranium munitions.
17. Stir in a mainstream media that is pure, unadulterated propaganda.
18. Start on a low flame & cook slowly, about six or seven years, increasing the temperature slightly each year.
19. Sprinkle with a generous helping of nuclear weapons & insane fanatics eager to use them.
20. Season to taste with racism, intolerance & divisiveness.

Voila! We have a perfect recipe for a complete, global, fascist disaster.
Best served spread evenly over entire planet to ensure consistency of destruction and less chance for survival

http://www.politicalcortex.com/story/2008/3/22/12633/7977
Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:48 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Mr american( i mean not the American I know) are you spellbound to confront my critical observations.
If yes Say yes i am.
if not pour forth your lope-dided( onesided) admiration of hypocracy.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:57 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Barack Hussein Obama is a muslim. Even Iran wants him to win.

You can try to prove me wrong but you cannot do it. Even O-boy admitted to his "muslim faith" Laughing .
Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:59 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Moreover David.
I care a jot who is the next maimer, buter, torturer,.
I uphold dignity, decency but not this kind of two alternatives..
India is being ruled with more parties .
Germany( a homeland of nazi) has got 5 partities in parliament.

gutter water is there everywhere. But Bitty Bottel's bitter butter is only available in your village.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:08 pm
@cjhsa,
You are so freken dumb, I'm not even sure why I bother to respond to your post.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:06 pm
@cjhsa,
Aside from the fact that if he were a Muslim, there is nothing wrong with that. Unless you are suggesting that Muslim = terrorist, which is laughable... that would mean every single one of the 1 - 1.8 billion Muslims are all terrorists.
Funny stuff.

Secondly, you claim that we can not "prove you wrong" about Obama's religion (like it even matters at all....).
Well, we can't prove you wrong if you look at facts and disregard them. But, if you look at them, here they are:
Obama attended the Trinity Church in Chicago. Remember irrationally and obsessively railing against his pastor, Rev. Wright? He was the minister of the Trinity Church that claimed they were "Unapologetically Christian".

snopes wrote:
Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian who attends the United Church of Christ in Chicago

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

More here, from Obama's site:
http://obama.senate.gov/press/070123-debunked_insigh/index.php

From Fact Check.org
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_obama.html

The proof is out there cj, you just haven't looked.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:51 pm
@cjhsa,
For people like me and you who are half informed i had posted a thread just above.
All the answers are from me except one .
The last cut and paste is worthy of your attention because it is about Muslims or islams( ai am a proud athiest till my death)
Try to read the quixotic question where you get some new ideas about ISLAM.
There are 100 reasons to disqualify obama and uphold the grand old warrior who represents GOP.
But his name nor his religion is the last one to draw the attention of the decent, rational voters of America( very very few Americans use their votes)
Sorry
Regards.
Rama