Why I Support John McCain

slkshock7

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 11:44 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Why is it that so ******* concerned about how America has done, but you express no concern for a country you and yours have trashed, thousands of innocents killed. For christ sakes, where is your sense of morality?

It is unfortunate that we had bad intelligence that led us to invade Iraq. But when the decision was made, I agreed with it. And whether the beginning was a mistake or not is no reason to pack up and leave without fixing what we've done. Leaving without regard for "fixing the mess" would be the truly immoral act.

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 04:11 pm
@slkshock7,
Excuse me please.
You had picked up a choice.
i wish you all the best.
Now my request after 8 years turmoil/ordeal/ nasty years.
I beg all the eligible voters to cross the stree and cast their votes by making invalid.
We the non-american knows the foreign word DEMOCRACY.
Change and Hope are simple epithets.
Yes I am a holy warrior is another bullshit.
Forget it support the local people around the corner and then we are ready to hugh you all and shed our tears out of joy.
Sorry jesus is calling me now.
0 Replies

Parker Cross

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:25 pm
Barrack Obama tries to tout his better potential for handling of the economy, but did anyone else notice how flaccid and intellectually moribund his response to the Wall Street crisis has been? For someone who has been hard at work to portray McCain as an economic liability he could only muster a few insipid palatitudes about the government not doing enough for Main Street. I assume he took economics in college. He is "brilliant" and all. But no mention of any concrete plan, no endorsement of even a direction, just a lame populist appeal. It was McCain who at least proposed a semi-solution in his speech in Green Bay yesterday.

Obama is really all talk.
Parker Cross

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:33 pm
What I think is really sad is that the Democrats have not chosen the best potential leader of the country as their candidate. They had quite a number to choose from. Joe Lieberman, Hillary Clinton, and even Biden himself, are all more qualified, prepared, and mature to be president. Instead they went with the power of celebrity. The flash in the pan. The eloquent orator instead of the leader. The racial marvel instead of the competent woman.

Obama wasn't satisfied with learning the ropes of government. Honing his character and positions into something other than what could bring him to power. He wanted to capitalize on his first 15 minutes. Rank demagogues have been more subtle.
0 Replies

barackman28

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 02:11 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Exactly- Can anyone point to a more intellectual brilliant candidate than Senator Obama? Remember that Jack Kennedy won a Pulitzer Prize for the thesis he wrote in college. Senator Obama was not only a peerless Community Organizer who gave up big bucks in large Chicago law firms to serve his people, but he was also a state legislator who took care of his people. I don't know if people are aware that anyone who becomes the president of the Law Review at Harvard must be far far more intelligent than 99.9 percent of the rest of the country.

Senator Obama was a lecturer in constitutional law at the University of Chicago LawSchool. That is one of the top ten law schools in the country.

Senator McCain can match none of those accomplishments. I honor his service to his country but he can't touch Senator Obama's brilliance.

I do fear, however, that the racists will come out in force in November.
barackman28

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 02:19 pm
@cjhsa,
Senator Obama is not a Muslim. Anyone who has read his books knows that. The rabid right would just love to call him derogatory names but they don't dare to show their unalloyed racism so they attack a strawman.

Senator Barack Obama can save this country. He is a uniter. When he wasPresident of the Harvard Law Review, he was elected by a group of some of the most brilliantpeople in the USA--the LawReview Group from Harvard--(which, by they way, had very few minorities in its membership. Senator Obama was very popular and esteemed by this group.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
@barackman28,
Yes he can; McCain was in the bottom of his class at the naval academy. Fifth from the bottom, I believe; that's extraordinary for anyone who can run for president of this country with his "record."

Talk about extra-ordinary opportunities for the citizens of this country - including the background of his veep. Is anyone measuring all this on the laugher curve? LOL
spendius

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 04:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I haven't stopped laughing since LBJ said "shift for yourselves."
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:21 pm
@barackman28,
barackman wrote:
I don't know if people are aware that anyone who becomes the president of the Law Review at Harvard must be far far more intelligent than 99.9 percent of the rest of the country.

barackman,
I'd sure like to see where you got that statistic...

You certainly are not trying to equate Obama's college achievements with McCain's Senatorial achievements are you? I give him credit for those achievements, but they don't hold a candle to the achievements of any Senator (you name 'em), including McCain.
barackman28

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:42 pm
@slkshock7,
All right! Do you know what kind of SAT score it takes to get into Harvard?

Do you know the kind of LSAT score that is needed to get into Harvard?

Do you know that only the top 25% or so of the Harvard Class are actually admitted to the Law Review?

You need an SAT score that is in the 99th percentile to get into Harvard Law School.

You need an LSAT score of at least 165 to get into Harvard Law School.

Correlate those scores with IQ's. and then remember that Senator Obama was among the top 25% of those people because he passed the screening test that is required to become a member of the Law Review.

I will repeat--Senator Obama's IQ is surely around 99.9 percential.

Most people will not believe that a black man can score so highly.

Get used to it---it's true.
barackman28

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:44 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock 7--Which Senatorial achievements are you speaking about when you talk of Senator McCain? Do you mean his continual parrotting of the George W. Bush playbook?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:53 pm
@slkshock7,
"bad intelligence". NO INTELLIGENCE!!

Virtually every conflict that America has got itself involved in has come on at least one lie and you believed the cock and bull stories that these lying assholes trumpeted every chance they could.

There were inspectors in there that had found nothing, inspectors that were doing their job.

Not six months earlier, Rice and Powell were bragging about how the US had Saddam contained, that he couldn't even project power against his neighbours.

Just how gullible are you?

And your glib dismissal of this atrocity. Why? Because it's just some dark skinned people over there.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:00 pm
@Parker Cross,
Quote:
Barrack Obama tries to tout his better potential for handling of the economy, ...

Please, Parker, you embarrass yourself.

Quote:

“This Week” Roundtable Consensus: McCain is clueless on the economy

It’s a cold day in hell when the entire “This Week” panel rails against John McCain and his utter confusion when it comes to the economy. Cokie Roberts raises the specter of Herbert Hoover, Donaldson rightfully pins the deregulation racket on McCain and Republicans, calling McCain’s promise to champion regulation a “hard pill to swallow,” and George Will says McCain acted “unpresidential” and that the issue of age should re-enter the debate over whether McCain is fit for the job.

Quote of the segment, from George Will of all people:

John McCain showed his personality this week and made some of us fearful.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/09/21/this-week-roundtable-consensus-mccain-is-clueless-on-the-economy/

How can this race even be as close as it is? I guess that those 59 or so million dummies that elected Bush are still around.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:02 pm
@JTT,
Not only are they still around; they love the pain.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@barackman28,
barackman wrote:

???? Where in the sticks do you come from?

So Obama is smart...and maybe even in the top .1% of the population. That is only one qualification (and not even close to the most important qualification) for being president. If that is the only postive attribute that you can dredge up for Obama, then hang it up already.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

barackman wrote:

???? Where in the sticks do you come from?

So Obama is smart...and maybe even in the top .1% of the population. That is only one qualification (and not even close to the most important qualification) for being president. If that is the only postive attribute that you can dredge up for Obama, then hang it up already.

It's not important to have a highly intelligent president? What exactly would you rate as more important?

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:32 am
@Cycloptichorn,
It's quite evident from the conservatives support of McCain and Palin that senility and an inexperienced veep in domestic and international governance is more important than "smarts."
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:33 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
And your glib dismissal of this atrocity. Why? Because it's just some dark skinned people over there.

I can't help but be amused that you so quickly resort to accusations of racism, despite not knowing me from Adam or even if I'm white, black, asian or middle-eastern. Simply shows the shallowness of your reasoning.
slkshock7

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:43 am
@Cycloptichorn,
ummmm...leadership, experience, and decision-making ability come to mind...also integrity, drive, persuasiveness, innovativeness, communication skills, team-building, and strength of character. Intelligence is important, but certainly nowhere near the top. If intelligence was the top, then shouldn't we be getting our presidential nominees from the science and academic ranks, rather than the legal?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:47 am
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

ummmm...leadership, experience, and decision-making ability come to mind...also integrity, drive, persuasiveness, innovativeness, communication skills, team-building, and strength of character. Intelligence is important, but certainly nowhere near the top. If intelligence was the top, then shouldn't we be getting our presidential nominees from the science and academic ranks, rather than the legal?

Intelligence is the characteristic that underpins every one of your top choices.

You don't have good leadership skills if you aren't intelligent enough to truly see a situation, not just have the situation described to you by others, a la Bush.

Decision-making ability? You don't think intelligence has anything to do with this?

You ask

Quote:
If intelligence was the top, then shouldn't we be getting our presidential nominees from the science and academic ranks, rather than the legal?

Isn't it obvious? Because idiots don't like to be reminded how stupid they are. That's exactly how Bush got elected: the idiots of America looked at him and said 'gosh, there's someone like me.' The Republican party pushes this anti-intellectual meme constantly - phrases like 'ivory-tower intellectual' and other slurs used to knock the value of intelligence in people's minds.

Heaven forbid that our president should be smart, right? My guess is that you are a typical Bush voter, less interested in promoting intelligence in our leaders, then promoting someone like yourself.

Cycloptichorn