I'm Watching Palin On ABC

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:22 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I'm an old fashioned guy.... I like a girl with an immune system....

Hopefully one that is active and effective?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:29 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
IMO stating that we should pray that we are on God's side is no different than saying that we should pray that we are doing the right thing.

Oh come one, foxfrye, who do you think your fooling? There is a big difference in saying the task is from God and praying that we are doing the right thing and you know it.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 02:19 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

Quote:
IMO stating that we should pray that we are on God's side is no different than saying that we should pray that we are doing the right thing.

Oh come one, foxfrye, who do you think your fooling? There is a big difference in saying the task is from God and praying that we are doing the right thing and you know it.

Yup, but she didn't say that the task was from God did she? She said that we should pray that we are on God's side and DID NOT.....repeat she DID NOT say that the task is from God.
revel

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:29 pm
@Foxfyre,

Quote:
Yup, but she didn't say that the task was from God did she?

Wrong, she did say the task is from God.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_iraq_war

kuvasz

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
The waterboy's response to a list of documents refuting his lies: crickets.

Where are you, waterboy. C'mon, refute if you can...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:01 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

Quote:
Yup, but she didn't say that the task was from God did she?

Wrong, she did say the task is from God.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_iraq_war

Yup. The same numbnuts from your side keep putting that out but I've heard the clip they took it from. And they left out the qualifying statement that completely changes the context just as she clarified it with Charlie Gibson who was another numbnut who tried to quote her out of context.

She was speaking extemporaneously in a church to Christians that she knew personally and the full quote went:

The last part of the quote is what she has repeatedly said her intent is.

It's just like the example I used of Obama. He flat out said that "We are no longer a Christian nation." That quote has been used many times over to slime him. But what he followed that line with "Or not ONLY a Christian nation but also. . . . ." which complete changes the context and meaning of his statement. To leave off the qualification of Obama's statement is dishonest. To leave off the qualification of Palin's statement is dishonest.

I don't let my side misquote Obama without calling them on it. I would appreciate it if you would encourage your side not to misquote Palin.

Thank you very much.
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
be civil and brave enoough to face my critical views.
Why the hell you amuse yourself with the crtical remarks( based on facts) you face here.
Come and join with the rational people to expose the nonsensical politics.
I will never be affected by the result of this corporate democracy.
I know the word democracy, corruption, manipulation of election.
Take a stand sir. be brave,
Death levels all.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:15 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
Yup, but she didn't say that the task was from God did she? She said that we should pray that we are on God's side ...

The fact that she believes that there is a "God's side" is enought to disgust me.

We are all God's children, are we not? I rather doubt that God takes sides when two groups of people are trying to kill each other.

One might pray that one is doing the right thing, but the idea that God is petty is just despicable.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
Insult all you like but the context in this case does not change the first sentence in the slightest despite protesting after the fact now to contrary. I have heard the clip as well, you know. Cyclop left a link to the clip a few days ago.

btw-there is no difference in wording in the quote you left with no link and the quote I left.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:41 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

Insult all you like but the context in this case does not change the first sentence in the slightest despite protesting after the fact now to contrary. I have heard the clip as well, you know. Cyclop left a link to the clip a few days ago.

btw-there is no difference in wording in the quote you left with no link and the quote I left.

Fine Revel. I guess I hoped you would be able to see the situation as it actually is. Did you listen to the clip in its entirety? The preface of the remark, her demeanor, her tone of voice, the inflection? I did. I believe her when she explains her intent.

Shall we continue to put out Obama's phrase that "America is no longer a Christian nation!"? in an attempt to alienate the Americans who are Christian who happen to still be the majority here? Or shall we give Obama the benefit of the doubt that his subsequent statement changed the literal meaning of the first statement?

At some point I would like to think Christians and everybody else would get past the win by any means necessary mentality. I guess that's too much to expect however.
revel

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:52 pm
@Foxfyre,
Well actually I must of missed that quote from Obama, but I find nothing wrong with the quote in the first place, even without qualifiers.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:41 pm
@fishin,
fishin wrote:

She didn't say that they should (or shouldn't) be on a task from God. What she is saying that she hopes that the plan Bush and Co. had [..] is aligned with the plan that she believes God already has. There is nothing either stated nor implied about anyone doing anything on God's orders.

Hmm. Yeah, I can kinda follow that. It's sure not how it sounded to me, even in full context - but then, I'm not a Christian, and have very little on-hand experience with how the Christian mind works. The way you describe how it would have worked from her mind, I can buy that... it does have its inner logic.

My own response remains much like DrewDad's though; the very idea that God would be supporting a side in war seems boneheaded. So I'm still uncomfortable with Palin's words, which at least then imply that the war might be part of (or "align with") God's plan. I suppose I'm not the only one, either - though I'd guess we're not a majority.
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:26 pm
@hingehead,
And how many of those "50, 000 civillians" are terrorists and how many are innocents? Did you take a survey?
Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
This Charlie Gibson really is stunning in his ignorance and his arrogance. You know, it’s one thing to be smart and arrogant. It’s another thing to be stupid and arrogant. The latter is barely tolerable.

Palin used Lincoln’s words to destroy Gibson’s God trap. Finally I can watch a candidate who understands and can reflect and articulate upon history. Now we have someone that understands that unalienable rights are human birthrights and not government rights and that government is bound by that distinction. Finally someone understands the relationship that government is supposed to have with the citizenship. And finally I can say that this candidate is our candidate.

Like all leftists, disguised as journalists, Gibson cannot anticipate the answer because he never understood where religion and faith actually fits into the lives of a free people. These pathetic whacked out leftists cannot even keep their stupidity under wraps. Palin was actually the teacher and it was the headmaster that was getting the lesson and that was the reason for the look of arrogant consternation that we all saw. It was not supposed to be that way. The confusion was supposed to be for the one questioned, not the questioner.

Top ten questions Charlie Gibson will ask Senator Barack Obama:

#10: Is the campaign hard on your family? What do you tell your little children when they see a McCain Ad that attacks you?

#9: Did you pick the right VP in Joe Biden? Should you have chosen Mrs. Clinton? Do you think John McCain should have chosen a more qualified candidate for VP?

#8: You know about the media buzz over Sarah Palin, are you more qualified than she is? Follow-up: In recent weeks, the term “community organizer” has been discredited by some in your opponent’s campaign. People don’t really know the important role community organizers play in the everyday life of downtrodden, poor in the inner city. Could you elaborate on the reason why you chose to turn down a high-paying Wall Street job in favor of selflessly helping your fellow man on the streets of Chicago?

#7: Could you explain what the Bush Doctrine is in the context of world-wide Islamic Terrorism and how it differs from how you would handle this problem by uniting countries together, championing multi-national collaboration, and if necessary, collective action under the control of the U.N.?

#6: There has been much talk in some media circles about your association with people such as William Ayers. Do you condone of his actions 40 years ago and do you think, after 40 years, it is now time for America to forgive him?

#5: Some say the United States prestige and respect around the world has suffered under the Bush Administration. Do you think, that if you’re elected, it will restore America in the eyes of the world?

#4: Describe for average Americans how an Obama Administration would change things from how they are to what they should be. Can we really stop Global Warming?

#3: Everyone, by now, has heard of your former pastor, and I will say again, your FORMER pastor, ha ha, Rev Wright and that famous sound byte loop played over and over again in which he says, well, I can’t say it verbatim, but, you know what I mean. He is no longer your pastor correct? Did you hear this type of sermon when you attended there? Do you condone this type of language?

#2: Could you tell us the story about how you and Michelle met?

And, the #1 Hard-Hitting Charlie Gibson question for Barack Obama is:
You have a reputation as a fairly good basketball player. Have you played any pick up games with LeBron James yet?
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:33 pm
@Woiyo9,
The only women who are jealous of Sarah Palin are ugly, fat, lazy old hags who only wish they could look like hottie Sarah on her bad day.
hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:33 pm
@Primotivo,
Primotivo wrote:
And how many of those "50, 000 civillians" are terrorists and how many are innocents? Did you take a survey?

Well I'm guessing the children under five years old probably weren't terrorists. Really though, how disengenuous can you be to think the were 50,000 terrorists (or should say, thanks to water dude, 87-95,000) in Iraq? What did they do in their spare time before we invaded? Read a friggin' book occasionally would ya?

What if half them were terrorists? A ridiculous overestimate - then you've still managed to kill over 25,000 innocent civillians. What planet are you from that makes that OK?
hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:35 pm
@Primotivo,
Primotivo wrote:
The only women who are jealous of Sarah Palin are ugly, fat, lazy old hags who only wish they could look like hottie Sarah on her bad day.

You just said a lot more about yourself than you did about Palin. Vote with your dick. Good plan.
Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
What if half them were terrorists? A ridiculous overestimate - then you've still managed to kill over 25,000 innocent civillians. What planet are you from that makes that OK?

A planet where we bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki to stop WW2 and prevent thousands if not millions more Americans to needlessly die.. What planet are you from?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:46 pm
Okay, show proof Palin didn't say "Iraq war 'a task that is from God"

From the Associated Press (you now, AP):

Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'By GENE JOHNSON " Sep 3, 2008

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) " Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."
Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:46 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
You just said a lot more about yourself than you did about Palin. Vote with your dick. Good plan.

I rather vote that way than pick Buckwheat as POTUS.