I'm Watching Palin On ABC

hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:49 pm
@Primotivo,
Primotivo wrote:
I rather vote that way than pick Buckwheat as POTUS.

Ha! You talk like you got a choice.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:58 pm
@Primotivo,
Primotivo wrote:
A planet where we bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki to stop WW2 and prevent thousands if not millions more Americans to needlessly die.. What planet are you from?

I don't see any parallel between Iraq and Japan. By your logic you should have invaded Saudi Arabia if 9/11 is your parallel for Pearl Harbor. And, by your logic, if Japan had developed the atomic bomb first they would have been justified bombing the US with it to save 'thousands if not millions' of Japanese lives.

You really do need to read more.

Here's a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
And here's a pretty even presentation of the debate on the 'rightness' of the bombings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_over_the_atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:06 pm
@Primotivo,
Quote:
I rather vote that way than pick Buckwheat as POTUS.

Wow...... people are really showing their colors.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:21 pm
@littlek,
I'm a bit color deficient. What color is "attention whore."
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:36 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
I don't see any parallel between Iraq and Japan. By your logic you should have invaded Saudi Arabia if 9/11 is your parallel for Pearl Harbor. And, by your logic, if Japan had developed the atomic bomb first they would have been justified bombing the US with it to save 'thousands if not millions' of Japanese lives.

You really do need to read more.

Here's a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
And here's a pretty even presentation of the debate on the 'rightness' of the bombings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_over_the_atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

Sorry to break the news to you. But in wars people do die...even innocent ones.

And here's another bit of news. "Freedom fighers" in the middle east actually place innocent civilians in harm's way to ensure the "filhty American pigs" kill them when taking out the real cockroaches.
hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:53 pm
@Primotivo,
But if we hadn't invaded how many would have died? Most of the insurgents aren't even Iraqi, destroying the country's infrastructure opened it up to terrorists.

You say 'people die in wars' like war is inevitable - well you got the candidate you want, turkey slap your life away.
Primotivo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:30 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
But if we hadn't invaded how many would have died?

And if we hadn't invaded how many would have died under the rule of that dictator Saddam? And how many more would be tortured and/or killed by Saddam's lovable sons who operate the torture chambers and rape rooms?

I rather have the maverick attitude of McCain and Palin than the two nutjobs like Hussein Obama and Biden who rather make peace talks with dictators and terrorists instead of getting rid of them.
hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:55 pm
@Primotivo,
So you prefer more to die? Even a nutjob like Saddam was not killing Iraqi's anywhere near the rates we are.

We are just a bit bit selective about which dictatorships and terrorists we don't like aren't we? Condoleeza Rice visiting Gadaffi in Libya, for example, and our sponsorship of the pipeline country dictators in central Asia who boil people alive. And we can't understand why westerners are considered degenerate and immoral hypocrites by the Islamic world.

Quote:
torture chambers and rape rooms
You mean like Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and forced renditions?

You don't care how many die as long as they're not merkins.

I thank FSM that I'm not from your planet of fear, bigotry, misogyny and misanthropy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:25 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I suspect that Gov. Palin would find you to be something even less than a shrew.

Berger

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 06:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
She is a sexy and accomplished lady. Back in the day she would have been welcome to hang her panties on my bedpost anytime.
Woiyo9

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 06:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
Is religion and church an argument your lefites really want to get into?

Shall we re-open Obama's choices about HIS church and HIS pastor?
revel

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:10 am
@Woiyo9,
Been there and done that, woiyo9. That is the trouble with bringing in an unkown in at last hail mary of the season; it is full or risk which might go either way before election day.

Sure she is pretty, I don't deny it. She is just not any more of change than McCain or Bush.

For example:

Quote:
Ms. Palin walks the national stage as a small-town foe of “good old boy” politics and a champion of ethics reform. The charismatic 44-year-old governor draws enthusiastic audiences and high approval ratings. And as the Republican vice-presidential nominee, she points to her management experience while deriding her Democratic rivals, Senators Barack Obama and Joseph R. Biden Jr., as speechmakers who never have run anything.

But an examination of her swift rise and record as mayor of Wasilla and then governor finds that her visceral style and penchant for attacking critics " she sometimes calls local opponents “haters” " contrasts with her carefully crafted public image.

Throughout her political career, she has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance, according to a review of public records and interviews with 60 Republican and Democratic legislators and local officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?_r=1&ref=politics&oref=slogin
0 Replies

FlyFoy

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 12:07 pm
@squinney,
And how about that thing she does with her mouth (captured so accurately and amusingly by Tina Fey). Aggressive? Angry? Self-rightous? A leftover from her childhood that was accompanied by foot stamping? What do you guys think?

P.S. I can never look at Palin ever again without thinking of Tina Fey, which is a good thing because I'd much rather laugh than cry.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 12:20 pm

Sarah Palin is going to be an awesome VP Cool

Gargamel

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 12:36 pm
@Berger,
Berger wrote:

She is a sexy and accomplished lady. Back in the day she would have been welcome to hang her panties on my bedpost anytime.

Face it: anyone would have been welcome to hang their panties on your bedpost. Even the lunch lady.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 02:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
well, yeah. and so what? should I care anymore about that than she should care of how I think of her?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
I expect all you true believers are already praying for McCain to die in office the sooner the better.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 02:55 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,

At least the vast majority of you concede that McCain will be elected to the office of president.

Gargamel

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

At least the vast majority of you concede that McCain will be elected to the office of president.

Psssssst, H20 Man! The rest of us can't see the tiny little space men you're speaking to. You might want to keep them a secret. Someone might think you're a complete nutjob.
Cliff Hanger

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:12 pm
@Berger,
One of her attempted accomplishments-- book banning. When the librarian fought her on it Palin tried to get her fired.