I'm Watching Palin On ABC

hingehead

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:42 pm
@cjhsa,
Still clinging to the idea Saddam was involved in 911 CJ? Hmm well he's dead, and you freed the iraqis, except for the 50, 000 civillians who died. Is that pay back enough yet for you and your buddy god?

Your wilfull ignorance continues to astound me - how do you live in a mind so small?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:43 pm
@cjhsa,
we'll need a pivot man and someone to clean up....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:44 pm
@littlek,
I'm coming to Boston soon.... I'll join you in a suicide pact....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:46 pm
@ehBeth,
it's like a car crash don't wanna watch....gotta watch....shouldn't watch....gotta watch
rabel22

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:01 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Has anyone noticed that the only conserative posting here is water man.
djjd62

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 05:56 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Your wilfull ignorance continues to astound me - how do you live in a mind so small?

"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it." Very Happy
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:01 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the only conserative posting here is water man.

The light of truth shines on.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:15 am
ABC edited this interview in such a way as to boost ratings by trashing Palin.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2008/09/12/1221194590_2478/539w.jpg

Gibson sure was a condescending prick and Palin handled his arrogance like a seasoned pro.

Bravo Sarah!
squinney

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:05 am
So far it seems to me the media is treating her with kid gloves. Had Biden given an interview where it was apparent he was defensive, scripted, not confident and snippy he'd have been hammered all over the news. I'm not seeing that this morning on Palin. Instead they are acting like she shouldn't be expected to know what she is talking about and Gibson was trying to do a "gotcha."

No one would be saying that if he was asking Biden the same questions.

Her posture, face and eyes all said not confident, nervous, and confrontational to me.
Woiyo9

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:12 am
@squinney,

"Her posture, face and eyes all said not confident, nervous, and confrontational to me."

Because that is what you WANTED to see. You can't be objective so any analysis you have starts off as bias.

I will agree that Gibson did not ask the most important question which would have been something like....

"What makes you think you are ready to step in as President of the US"

That is what I am waiting to find out.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:12 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

So far it seems to me the media is treating her with kid gloves.

Not at all!

The elite liberal media attacked her before we even saw her and they
have not let up one little bit. The attacks on Palin will get worse Rolling Eyes
sozobe

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:15 am
@squinney,
I've only seen part of the interview but yeah, that was freaked-out body language.

The "bush doctrine" thing sounds fun. CNN is about to replay it, I've read the transcript.

edit: Just saw it. Priceless. Not just that she didn't know, but the way she tried to smarm her way out of it and the alarm when she realized she hadn't succeeded.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:22 am
@squinney,
I don't get rating folks on how good of an effort it was, or if they did better or worse than expectations.

Isn't this more like the Olympics of politics, and anyone who doesn't measure up should just get left in the dust?

Or a final exam in a really difficult course?

Hell, we have rigorous standards for professionals like doctors and lawyers.

All reporters should be going after all candidates will guns blazing. Anybody who cracks under the pressure isn't someone I want in office. After all, the candidates are the ones that stepped up to the plate. Show 'em the heat.
parados

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:23 am
@H2O MAN,
So..
The media can't ask about her family or they are attacking her
They can't ask her about policy or they are attacking her
They can't ask her about her actions as governor or mayor or they are attacking her..

So.. Ms Palin.. what hair products do you use? And where did you buy that lovely dress? And what shade of lipstick is that you are wearing?

Oh.. wait, that last question is an attack.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:23 am
@sozobe,
Haven't seen all of it but did catch a clip of that one and the "heads of state" question. I agree that she looked defensive, which of course she would have to be. My impression, and it's not without bias, is that she is a skilled politician but a lightweight. She hasn't given a lot of thought to national issues, and according to her, didn't give a lot of thought about the job she's applying for either. I think the more interviews she gives the better.
sozobe

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:24 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
All reporters should be going after all candidates will guns blazing. Anybody who cracks under the pressure isn't someone I want in office. After all, the candidates are the ones that stepped up to the plate. Show 'em the heat.

Amen. Keep it to actual issues, but yeah, go after 'em, all of 'em, and see who says what and how.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:25 am

Like I said... Gibson sure was a condescending prick and Palin handled his arrogance like a seasoned pro.

Bravo Sarah!

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:47 am
@DrewDad,
exactly, Drewdad. Equality means being treated the same. It's actually more sexist to me for her own party to claim she has to be treated differently (give her a break, no shots to the chin, no asking her tough) - She wants to be VP for gawds sake. She best be ready to prove she deserves it. It's a privilege.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:07 am
@squinney,
She's ready!
Gargamel

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:26 am
@H2O MAN,
I'm going to offer you a tip, H20, that I think will clear up a lot of your confusion and alter the manner in which you use A2K from here on out.

When you hit "reply," the text box in which you then type is not some sort of "magical truth converter." Like, you can't just type in a bunch of bullshit, post it, and then expect it to come true. That's not how it works.

Check it out: the Beatles are getting back together. I just typed that and posted it. And you'll see that the Beatles will not, in fact, get back together.

Same goes for posts where you simply say something like, "McCain is going to be the next President," or "Palin is qualified to manage a K Mart." Posting that over and over will not help their ticket. This isn't like Purgatory, where you can get someone into heaven by saying enough prayers for him.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but I think even Palaeolithic man came to understand that painting a buffalo on the inside of a cave would not actually cause one to appear.
0 Replies