Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:38 am
@Foxfyre,
x off a spot honey....
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:42 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

Who the hell's been leading the party fighting for the past 20 years? Republicans!

Yes, squinney I love it, when Democrats are in power, they love bipartisanship and want to get rid of all the bickering, but when Republicans have the numbers, sheesh, constant partisanship, bickering, hearings, accusations, blah blah blah. Dems have been trying to destroy George W. Bush ever since he took office. Pathetic bunch they are.

Politics is a battle from differing view points, period. Its a two way street, but not only do Repubs have to oppose Democrats, they also have to oppose a biased and partisan press. No doubt about that.

Take your blinders off, squinney.
eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:05 am
@okie,
No one had to destroy Bush. He destroyed himself by being an idiot and allowing someone to talk him into political office. He was able to stand behind his daddy for just so long.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:08 am
@okie,
Oh the irony of ending that post with the words "take your blinders off".
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
Ahem, folks, if you want to do general Bush bashing or Obama bashing or whatever bashing unrelated to this campaign, please take it to another thread. I really REALLY would like to focus this one on the Republican Convention and the responses, both Republican and Democrat and also Independent, to that. Thank you for your consideration.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:20 am
@Foxfyre,
Yeah... Foxy's right.

<<Four more years!!!>>
<<Four more years!!!>>
<<Four more years!!!>>
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:21 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Yeah... Foxy's right.

<<Four more years!!!>>
<<Four more years!!!>>
<<Four more years!!!>>

Yes, let Obama serve four more years in the US senate!!!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:27 am
@okie,
Okie wrote: History will show that George Bush was no slouch as president.

Quote:
Then Okie wrote:

Take your blinders off, squinney.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:31 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Laura Bush is one class first lady. And history will show that George W. Bush was no slouch of a president.

+1

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:57 am
Okay back to our regular scheduled programming. . . .filed in the 'ask me if I care' category:

Quote:
ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) " Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was not happy with Sen. Joe Lieberman’s speech before the Republican National Convention Tuesday night.

"Senator Reid was very disappointed in Senator Lieberman’s speech tonight,” Reid spokesman, Jim Manley, told CNN. “As the American people have made very clear, the last thing this country needs is another four years of the same old failed Bush-McCain policies of the past."

In particular, the Nevada Democrat took issue with Lieberman’s assertion that Obama has not crossed party lines.

Lieberman’s statement that “Senator Barack Obama is a gifted and eloquent young… but, my friends, eloquence is no substitute for a record, not in these tough times for America” also drew Reid’s ire, Manley said.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/03/reid-not-happy-with-lieberman’s-speech/
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:59 am
The US Week magazine casts its vote....in case there is any question that there is extreme bias (and double standard) in the media:

http://www.drudgereport.com/us1.jpg
http://markhalperin.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/usnewscover.jpg
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:02 pm
@Foxfyre,
Indeed. The simple fact that this woman would agree to join a McCain ticket is enough to disqualify her.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:03 pm
@Foxfyre,
Can you say current news?

Is your memory limited to yesterday?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:05 pm
And tonight's speaking line-up seems to be in place now

Quote:
ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) " Former governors Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee are slated to speak at the Republican National Convention Wednesday evening according to sources. McCain's two former rivals will address attendees at 9:00 p.m., ET.

A convention official would only confirm that the 10:00 pm hour would feature former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani and McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/02/sources-romney-huckabee-giuliani-slated-for-wednesday/
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:09 pm
@Foxfyre,
How come Ron Paul isn't on the speaking agenda, ole Foxy?
Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:33 pm
@JTT,
It seems Ron Paul has organized a competing event.

http://www.ronpaul.com/events/ron-paul-convention/
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:48 pm
@Thomas,
I'm sure it was a great occasion however tasteless it was to hold it during the GOP Convention. I actually like Ron Paul, but this was not classy on his part and I think diminishes him. Have his "convention: earlier or later, fine, but as it is, I think he'll be seen as trying to get Barack Obama elected despite their many many differences on the issues.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:36 pm
It's Palin's big night tonight, and I think she will definitely be the media draw, but Giuliani gets the billing as keynote speaker. (Still mulling over whether that is a good plan. Not the idea that he is speaking, but giving him bigger billing than her. We'll see how it goes.)

Quote:
Attack Dog Rudy Casts Big Shadow At RNC
Former NYC Mayor Defends VP Nominee Palin, Reinforces Party's Unity, Prepares Assault On Obama, Dems
Reporting

Marcia Kramer ST. PAUL, Minn. (CBS) ― Sarah Palin is preparing for her much-anticipated speech Wednesday night at the Republican National Convention, but the keynote speaker is former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani may have lost the Republican presidential nomination, but he has a major role at the convention, becoming the party's defender and attack dog.

"She is one of the most successful governors in this country. She is one of the most popular governors in this country and the way she's being dealt with is really below the belt. And it is really, really unfair," Giuliani said.

Whether it's defending Palin or boosting the campaign of John McCain, Giuliani is casting a big shadow at the convention. He is literally everywhere.

"We didn't have any Republicans saying John McCain isn't prepared to be president the way Hillary Clinton said about Barack Obama, the way Joe Biden said about Barack Obama. This is a united party," he said.

The man who likes to be known as America's mayor said he's gotten over licking his wounds from his failed attempt to get the GOP nomination himself.

"It's a little bit easier for me because I'm supporting a good friend in John McCain," he admitted.

Still, there is talk of a political future for Giuliani.

"I think he certainly could run for governor. He has good executive ability and would make a great governor and I hope he would consider it," said Edward Cox, Chairman of New Yorkers for McCain.
http://wcbstv.com/campaign08/rudy.giuliani.rnc.2.809396.html
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:40 pm
i had the tube going for the tuesday night event. caught the important speeches.

all in all, i have to say i was underwhelmed.

thompson probably gave the best speech, at least in terms of delivery. but then he is an actor afterall.

lieberman was awful. not because of content (although i think he's wrong), but it was kinda of a poopy speech with a not great delivery.

although "change" was mentioned often, i don't think i heard anything that i haven't heard from just about every republican convention for the last 30 years.

disappointing really. the gop just doesn't seem to have the dynamics that they had when i was young and republican.

okie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:54 pm
@Foxfyre,
I hope all the delegates can get in, get past the anarchists, misfits, angry lefties, whatever. Attacking old folks, an 83 year old had to be treated. These people are nuts. Don't they have jobs? Why are they there?

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3064370&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/