old europe

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:15 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now

Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:17 am
@maporsche,
Re: brainless. People of depth have reasons to choose a political party. Brainless people (per me) just waft around, driven by sound bytes and goofy peripheral nonsense. Hillary's agenda and Palin's are so disparate, I can't see how anyone would easily go from one to the other....unless it's because of sex...which would be brainless to me.

I would wonder why go from Hill to McC when Obama is so much closer to Hill...?
Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:18 am
BTW---Palin just announced her 17 year old daughter is pregnant...and plans to marry the father of the baby....haha
Cycloptichorn

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:22 am
@Lash,
http://able2know.org/topic/121594-14#post-3384104

Ever read the top of the page?

Lash, what was McCain thinking? Honestly. To get your campaign wrapped up in the drama that such a thing will cause. He doesn't apparently understand how the media works, b/c they are going to have a field day with this.

Cycloptichorn
Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:23 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't think so. People are very forgiving of this type of thing. She had sex. Big deal... Dean's kid robbed a country club...candidate's kids have gotten DUIs and all manner of horseshit.

This will be headlines for a couple of days...and fall off the map.

Jeez, ya prude! Cool
Cycloptichorn

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:26 am
@Lash,
I think it really highlights the problems with Palin and McCain's abstinence only sex education stance. And she's also going to take **** for this line:

Quote:
n November 2006, then gubernatorial candidate Sarah Palin declared that she would not support an abortion for her own daughter even if she had been raped.

The campaign says the daughter came to 'her own choice' in regards to keeping the baby. No pressure from Ma, though, nah...

Seriously Lash, this is absurd. Truly. How could McCain have gotten himself wrapped up in such a mess?

Cycloptichorn
Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Life is messy. Glad he knew before and thought it was no problem. It isn't.
maporsche

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:31 am
@Lash,
I went from one to the other, I'm not brainless, I'm not female, I'm not driven by soundbytes.

I would see your point if I agreed with 100% of Clinton's polices....McCain would seem like a crazy choice.

But I didn't agree with Clinton 100%, more like 40%. I agree with about 40% of McCain. The rest of my positions are not fully supported by either candidate. I only agree with about 35% of Obama's positions, but even worse I don't think he'll be anywhere nearly as effective as Clinton would have.

I can easily go from one to the other because I'm forced to compromise either way. I think there a lot of people that are like me in this aspect, and can easily switch sides.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:32 am
@Lash,
I'm going to tell you again: Don't be naive, Lash. Seriously. The media will make it a problem. And you know they will.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:33 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Life is messy. Glad he knew before and thought it was no problem. It isn't.

Not to you, Lash.

But as you said earlier, Palin wasn't exactly chosen to appeal to Hillary supporters - she was chosen to appeal to the religious right.

I'm not sure that specific group will brush this off as "life is messy - no prob".

We'll see.
hawkeye10

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
McCain got himself into this mess by making a snap decision to take as VP a woman he does not know who was not even properly vetted by his team, this much is clear. It speaks to McCain's recklessness, his poor judgment.
sozobe

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:34 am
@Lash,
Are you saying that McCain knew that Bristol is rightthisminute pregnant, or just that Palin had said she was unilaterally against abortion?

I don't know either way, just asking. This is the first I heard of Bristol being pregnant right now. (Good grief...)
sozobe

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:35 am
@maporsche,
You also went from one to the other before Palin arrived on the scene.

Palin wasn't what convinced you... right?
Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:35 am
@maporsche,
Sorry, maporshe. I should have made it clear that I was thinking only of the Hillary-feminist voters...those dogged hold outs, who were so vocal. You don't belong in the brainless net. My apologies.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:36 am
@sozobe,
Of course not....she's a negative in my opinion....I hate the religious right. I still haven't determined if the negative is enough to keep me from voting for McCain.

I feel like I'm changing my mind almost every other day.
Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:36 am
@old europe,
They have a history of forgiving moral foibles by those who claim them...Swaggart, Donna Rice...etc etc and it was her CHILD, not her...and there's NOT going to be an abortion.... They'll eat it up.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:37 am
@sozobe,
McCain knew of the teen pregnancy before he asked Palin...
Lash

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:38 am
@maporsche,
Well, maporshe...that was the conversation we were having....that PALIN caused the change. <smacks him>
0 Replies

Brand WTF

@hawkeye10,
So true, he had only met her once before the private meeting where she was offered the veep spot.

0 Replies

sozobe

@maporsche,
Agreed.

This is what you were responding to:

Lash wrote:
Hillary's agenda and Palin's are so disparate, I can't see how anyone would easily go from one to the other....unless it's because of sex...which would be brainless to me.

She was talking about the silliness of Hillary supporters becoming McCain supporters BECAUSE of Palin... which isn't the case for you.

By the way, I think the attempt too woo Hillary voters is both silly and real -- I think that's a big part of what McCain was trying to do (and that it won't work).