blueflame1

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:40 am
@H2O MAN,
I dont drink at all. At least I can see that the rest of the world will be singing Happy Days Are Here Again on election night. In fact they're already singing in anticipation. Your statements are empty and backwards.
H2O MAN

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:42 am
@blueflame1,
Maybe you should drink because you are currently twisted and wrong.
blueflame1

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@H2O MAN,
You're projecting again. Have a Happy 4th hahaha.
H2O MAN

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:56 am
@blueflame1,

The 4th will be just another wonderful day in paradise for me.
blueflame1

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:04 am
@H2O MAN,
hahaha. Sure it will. Another lie.
ehBeth

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:08 am
Candidate Watch
Palin and the Maybe Pipeline

Quote:
In a major speech Wednesday on how to achieve energy independence, Sarah Palin drew attention once again to a huge natural gas pipeline project that will connect Alaska with the Lower 48. The pipeline has been under discussion for more than three decades -- but work has not yet begun and there is still no guarantee that it will ever be built. So what exactly has been accomplished during the two years Palin has served as governor of Alaska?

The Facts

Palin persuaded the Alaska legislature to authorize a Canadian company to secure the necessary financing and permits for a 1,715 mile pipeline from the North Slope gas fields to the Canadian pipeline network. Under the deal, which received final approval in August, the state will provide up to $500 million to Calgary-based TransCanada Corp to coordinate the securing of permits, customers, and financing for the pipeline. TransCanada would like to complete construction on a pipeline by 2018.

By granting the license to a Canadian company, Palin was attempting to perform an end-run around the companies that actually control the 35 trillion cubic feet of gas reserves on the North Slope: BP, Conoco and Exxon Mobil. She complained that the big oil companies were demanding too high a price for their participation in the pipeline project, and that her plan will expose them to "free-market competition."

The problem with this narrative, says University of Alaska Economics professor Douglas Reynolds, is that the pipeline cannot be built without the cooperation of the companies who control the North Slope oil. These companies can refuse to sign off on the pipeline construction project coordinated by TransCanada and remain free to organize their own alternative project. Financing for either project will almost certainly depend on some kind of barter agreement between Alaska and the big oil producers.

Contrary to claims by Palin and her supporters, the latest developments do not guarantee that the pipeline will actually be built. The Anchorage Daily News called those claims "incorrect" in its coverage of the
August 2 Senate vote approving the granting of the license to TransCanada.

It is therefore inaccurate for John McCain to claim, as he has done at various times on the campaign trail, that his running mate "negotiated a $40 billion natural gas pipeline that will bring clean energy to the Lower 48." Both the financing and the actual construction terms for the project remain to be negotiated.

"Of course Palin's inflating what she actually achieved here," said Reynolds. "You betcha."

<snip>

The Pinocchio Test

Both Palin and McCain have exaggerated the Alaska governor's accomplishment in launching a multibillion dollar pipeline project that will reduce America's dependence on foreign energy sources. They talk about the project as if it is already underway, when it has yet to be negotiated and nobody knows how much it will actually cost.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:27 am
@blueflame1,

You are a very bitter person with a huge chip on your shoulder.

How very sad for you and those around you.
blatham

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:16 pm
Even Eagelburger finds Palin joke-worthy.

Quote:
Eagelburger: Palin’s Not Qualified

Lawrence Eagelburger is a rock-ribbed Republican, a McCain supporter, someone listed as a McCain adviser, etc. And he says this:

The remarks took place during an interview on National Public Radio that was, ironically, billed as “making the case” for a McCain presidency. Asked by the host whether Palin could step in during a time of crisis, Eagleburger reverted to sarcasm before leveling the harsh blow.
Quote:

“It is a very good question,” he said, pausing a few seconds, then adding with a chuckle: “I’m being facetious here. Look, of course not.”
http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/archives/2008/10/eagelburger_palins_not_qualified.php
H2O MAN

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:18 pm
@blatham,

Lawrence Eagelburger does not represent progressive intelligent thought.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:51 pm
@H2O MAN,
Waterboy, you're one soundbite and projection after another. Substance aint your schtick.
H2O MAN

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:52 pm
@blueflame1,

Intelligence is something you lack.
blueflame1

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:34 pm
@H2O MAN,
Waterboy I like most Americans had intel enough to see the absurdity of Joe the Plumber. As usual you and McBushie miscalculated. When McBushie told folks like you you were Joe the Plumber you were proud.
blueflame1

Fri 31 Oct, 2008 03:22 pm
Palin: Media a threat to freedom
On radio, Palin says criticism of her attacks threatens freedom.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/palin-fears-med.html
0 Replies

blueflame1

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 09:40 am
Palin's Movement Urges 'Godly' To 'Plunder' Wealth of The 'Godless' http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/wilson/105717/palin's_movement_urges_'godly'_to_'plunder'_wealth_of_the_'godless'/?comments=view&cID=1047810&pID=1047802
0 Replies

Advocate

Mon 17 Nov, 2008 05:11 pm
Here is a short, but succinct, interview with Palin, which is very telling.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf=http%3A//s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/cps-vfl64504.swf&video_id=5nYoahyaPuA&rel=1&showsearch=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//i2.ytimg.com/vi/5nYoahyaPuA/hqdefault.jpg&sk=_NOF5l8_lyZsIX0a-FP-8qSUpWdlarNmC&use_get_video_info=1&load_modules=1&fs=1&hl=en
Debra Law

Mon 17 Nov, 2008 05:35 pm
@Advocate,

Telling INDEED. A picture is worth a thousand words, but a thousand of Palin's words are worth NOTHING. Most of us are honestly frustrated and angered by her uninformed rambling and her use of multiple, unrelated words & phrases to make incoherent sentences and statements. She deserves a proverbial slap on the mouth every time she speaks (without a script). Maybe then she will eventually start to make some sense. I'm not holding my breath, but we can hope there's a spark of intelligent life somewhere within that egotistical head that she holds on her shoulders.
H2O MAN

Mon 17 Nov, 2008 05:56 pm
@Debra Law,
PALIN 2012 Cool
0 Replies

okie

Mon 17 Nov, 2008 10:14 pm
@blueflame1,
blueflame1 wrote:

Waterboy I like most Americans had intel enough to see the absurdity of Joe the Plumber. As usual you and McBushie miscalculated. When McBushie told folks like you you were Joe the Plumber you were proud.

blueflame, there is evidence that Democratic voters were the most uninformed voters. And spoiled ballots, I read where counts of messed up ballots were heavily Democratic, so the longer we count dubious ballots, the more Democrats win close elections. What do you suppose the reasons were? Incompetence to know how to even properly mark a ballot, blueflame.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:27 pm
@blueflame1,
Quote:

If by being "proud", you mean working hard all week to support my family and pay my bills, if you mean supporting my country, if you mean being willing to serve my community, if you mean being a good steward of my land and if you mean teaching my kids right from wrong, then yes I am proud to be "joe the Plumber".
Cycloptichorn

Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:31 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:

If by being "proud", you mean working hard all week to support my family and pay my bills, if you mean supporting my country, if you mean being willing to serve my community, if you mean being a good steward of my land and if you mean teaching my kids right from wrong, then yes I am proud to be "joe the Plumber".

But that's not who Joe is. At all. That's the whole point. Don't you get it?

Cycloptichorn