OCCOM BILL

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:19 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

McCain is running for President and he has a lot of experience. Palin has executive experience and has good political savvy.

I woe the dem that tries to use her lack of experience against her considering Obama (you know, the other guy running for President) lack of experience. Were Palin running for President, I too would have concerns about her experience, but come on, VP is hardly a tough job and Palin will get the experience needed to be President in 8 years. The first female President perhaps?
You'd have a point if McCain wasn't staring at 82 years old. Pretending this couldn't or for that matter shouldn't be a factor would be more than a little naive. She would be a heartbeat away from being the most powerful person on earth.

I wonder how the animal rights advocates will feel about her?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Sarahpalincrop2.jpg/140px-Sarahpalincrop2.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:20 pm
Here it is folks "fair and balanced"..

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3056464&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b0c12f2749

Geraldine Farraro weighs in.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:20 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080829171140.5123i228&

The choice of Palin was seen as a bold effort by McCain to attract disgruntled Democratic and independent supporters of Senator Hillary Clinton, who was defeated by Obama in the race to be the Democratic Party's presidential nominee.

this seems a bit goofy, as a decent portion of Ms. Clinton's supporters were her supporters because she is somewhat left of Mr. Obama - those supporters are not going to suddenly veer far right.

The Obama campaign response to the announcement seems dangerous and badly timed. Shoulda stayed with the convention glow for a couple of days.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:24 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
The choice of Palin was seen as a bold effort by McCain to attract disgruntled Democratic and independent supporters of Senator Hillary Clinton, who was defeated by Obama in the race to be the Democratic Party's presidential nominee.

Palin, a telegenic conservative, has led the oil-producing northwestern US state since December 2006 and was the first woman and youngest person to hold that state's top job.

This is simply humorous. He may as well have selected Phyllis Schlafly! Rather than attract Hillary supporters away from Obama, I think this is going to put them behind him even more. Hillary supporters voting to put a strong social conservative in the Exectutive Branch? I don't think so
ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:26 pm
@JPB,
I say goofy, you say humorous. Some kinda wavelength thing going on? Cool
JPB

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Very Happy
Robert Gentel

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

So, having predicted that McCain would do this months ago, I got a lot of phone calls from my relatives today asking how I knew this would happen!

My daydream "what if" was Condi Rice for the double gimmick. McCain is going to need to go after Clinton's supporters much harder if this whole strategy is to work, and I think he's waited too long for that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:32 pm
@JPB,
I think fbaezer's hit on why she might be a good choice for Mr. McCain

http://able2know.org/topic/120171-18#post-3380007

"constituencies"

Ms. Palin does hit a lot of them.

Not moderate women, or people who supported Ms. Clinton because of her political stance.

Robert Gentel

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:39 pm
@ehBeth,
Agreed, and the Clinton supporters who won't support Obama don't fall into that category (because of her politics). But I think some of them might see it as gimmicky to add a woman to the ticket this late who didn't get there on her own.

But all that being said I really think the constituencies weren't as big as simply being a woman and undercutting part of Obama's "change" appeal.

Now there is going to be change on that kind of level (first this, first that) no matter what.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:40 pm
@ehBeth,
I agree.

I can't wait to call my conservative siblings and see whether this means they'll stay home in November rather than voting for McCain. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
sozobe

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
@JPB,
(If I say I'm happy to see you posting here will I scare you off? What if I say it very quietly?)

CNN had some reactions from voters, about 2/3rds negative. Interested in what your relatives think!
JPB

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:52 pm
@sozobe,
Waves to soz!

I think they'll be split. The one who would never vote for a black or a woman will probably choose to stay home. The one who would never vote for a woman is also a big NRA supporter and will likely vote. The third is a toss-up.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:54 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote: "Selecting Palin is a big swerve to the right, just when McCain should be aiming for the middle. Personally, I don't see this as being a good choice for him. . . ."

I agree.
RexRed

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:56 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
(If I say I'm happy to see you posting here will I scare you off? What if I say it very quietly?)

CNN had some reactions from voters, about 2/3rds negative. Interested in what your relatives think!

Funny, Fox News watched 3 to 1 over CNN has 70% positive feedback. Dems are scared. Barack is already attacking the “woman” with his male chauvinist hatred for small town Americans.

Barack’s wife is thinking of secretly voting for McCain.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:05 pm
LMAO. I didn't see this coming. I said elsewhere that there was no way the GOP Veep choice could be the least interesting unless McC pulled something out of his ass.... I think we all know he was looking for a jazzy choice, and he got one. It does bother me that I don't know her credentials...and when i find out what they are, they'll likely be slim....but one good thing about it. The TOP fo the ticket on the Dem side is likely slimmer.

I'll have to find out about her before saying more.

Very nice to know, though, that no matter which ticket wins, a barrier will be broken....and that is a GOOD thing.
RexRed

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:06 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
DrewDad wrote: "Selecting Palin is a big swerve to the right, just when McCain should be aiming for the middle. Personally, I don't see this as being a good choice for him. . . ."

I agree.

Bad choice for McCain (that is) if you are voting for Obama, swoon, plop and faint. (cynical) It terrifies the dems and their hate Hillary news outlets, that they have lost another election.

A woman who would rather live with a child with down syndrome than kill a child within her womb? So beat her up over it see where it gets Obama and his leave a baby dying in the trash for hours policy.

Damned liberals!
Green Witch

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:07 pm
Quote:

She is not going attract Hillary voters, other than having a vagina, she has nothing in common with Hillary. I'm shocked the Elephants picked her, maybe she will be as amusing as Dan Quail. The debates could be fun this year.
Gelisgesti

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:11 pm
http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-mccains-next-trophy-girl/

I know McCain can't use a computer but dang .....
RexRed

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:14 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
LMAO. I didn't see this coming. I said elsewhere that there was no way the GOP Veep choice could be the least interesting unless McC pulled something out of his ass.... I think we all know he was looking for a jazzy choice, and he got one. It does bother me that I don't know her credentials...and when i find out what they are, they'll likely be slim....but one good thing about it. The TOP fo the ticket on the Dem side is likely slimmer.

I'll have to find out about her before saying more.

Very nice to know, though, that no matter which ticket wins, a barrier will be broken....and that is a GOOD thing.

Good point Lash.

You will find Palin has more executive experience than Obama. Besides she did not leave gang members and the Reverend Wright preying on a whole city. She has actually more accomplishments than Obama and his constant elitist (i'm gonna be president someday) abstining vote.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)