Cycloptichorn

1  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:31 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Waterboy I like most Americans had intel enough to see the absurdity of Joe the Plumber. As usual you and McBushie miscalculated. When McBushie told folks like you you were Joe the Plumber you were proud.

If by being "proud", you mean working hard all week to support my family and pay my bills, if you mean supporting my country, if you mean being willing to serve my community, if you mean being a good steward of my land and if you mean teaching my kids right from wrong, then yes I am proud to be "joe the Plumber".

But that's not who Joe is. At all. That's the whole point. Don't you get it?

Cycloptichorn
firefly

1  
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 09:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Joe the Plumber is a complete phony, mysteryman. He was a bad choice to symbolize the American "everyman".

Joe the Plumber shot to fame by saying that Obama's tax plan would penalize him, and other small business owners, after his planned purchase of his own small plumbing business.

Sounds good, doesn't it? Average, hard-working guy plans to buy his own business and fulfill the American dream. He doesn't want to see profits eroded by high taxes.

Trouble is, Joe the Plumber has no plumber's license, which makes him questionably a real plumber. Joe the Plumber also failed to pay all of his state income taxes, which prompted the state to get a lien against him. And, this week, when "Joe" signed a book deal, he said he did so because he is unemployed and broke. So much for the phony story that he was planning to buy a small business.

If you want to teach your children right from wrong, mysteryman, and you want them to support their country (including paying their taxes), and not lie or misrepresent themselves, you would do well not to hold up Joe the Plumber as an example, or compare yourself to him.

What Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin have in common is rather naked opportunism. They are also self promoters whose ambitions far exceed their actual qualifications. And both clearly enjoy the media limelight and are likely to continue to milk it for all it's worth.

Sarah and "Joe" have both run their course as novelty acts, and have nothing noteworthy to offer right now. I'm rather bored with hearing anything more about either of them.

ehBeth

2  
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:53 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I am proud to be "joe the Plumber".

Mman, you may be an excellent representative of what joe the Plumber was supposed to represent, and that's marvellous.

The problem (in terms of the Republican campaign) was that Sam/Joe wasn't such a good representative.

1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 01:37 pm
@firefly,
firefly, All good points. What ever happened to the American parents who now believes "joe the plumber" is representative of the majority of Americans? They've forgotten about "responsibility, honesty (pay one's taxes, and don't misrepresent who you are): And a phony is a phony no matter how you cut it. He shouldn't be the standard bearer of Americans in any shape or form, but the conservatives promoted him as their hero.

okie

-2  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Very funny, ci, LOL. I guess you don't need plumbers where you live? Call a bureaucrat next time your toilet plugs.

2  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:41 pm
@okie,
It just so happens that in California, our plumbers are licensed.
H2O MAN

0  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That means nothing...

2  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
You're "nothing."
H2O MAN

-3  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Impressive, did you come up with that response all on your own?

2  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
No; you were the motivation.
H2O MAN

-4  
Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, I didn't think you were capable of coming up with it on your own.

Are you downsizing and funneling money off shore before O boy takes office?

Debra Law

1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:48 pm
Turkey farmer cashes in on turkey that was slaughtered in the background as Palin gave a broadcast interview:

EBAY: The OFFICIAL Turkey from Alaska's Gov Palin Video

Winning bid: US $225.00

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/1f/a0/ceeb_1.JPG

This is your opportunity to gobble up a slice of Alaskan history with the world renown turkey which was featured twenty feet behind Governor Sarah Palin as she pardoned one lucky turkey from Triple D Farm in Alaska. This is the official turkey from the video which comes with a letter of authenticity signed by the Farm's owner who is pictured below. No doubt, for the past few weeks, you have heard about this turkey over the national news, the internet and from stand up comedians.

Here at Triple D Farm and Hatchery we greatly respect our animals. They are well cared for and fed no antibiotics or chemicals. Contrary to what some may believe or have heard we butcher our turkeys in the most humane, fastest and efficient way possible. We also respect Governor Palin for supporting our small family farm. Fifty per cent of the proceeds from this turkey's auction will be donated to our local Department of Veteran's Affairs in support of our troops.

This turkey weighs 37.75 pounds and can be picked up from the Farm with a free tour or it will be shipped over night frozen.

I accept PayPal. The lucky winner of this turkey will have something to talk about for years and years to come. Thank you for viewing my auction and God Bless America.

1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:56 pm
@Debra Law,
Wasn't much of a damn pardon, was it?
Green Witch

1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:04 pm
@roger,
This was the runner up, Roger. One turkey did get pardoned and was spared the embarassment of being publicly executed like Saddam Hussein

1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:41 pm
@Debra Law,
Some how, turkey, McCain, and Palin seems to fit together.

Woiyo9

0  
Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:13 am
@Debra Law,
Is there a point to this post besides your own jealousy of a successful women in Politics?

I love it when losers like you try to make themselves feel better about themselves by trashing the success of others.
Debra Law

2  
Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:28 pm
@Woiyo9,
Turkey farmer cashes in on turkey that was slaughtered in the background as Palin gave a broadcast interview

Woiyo9 wrote:

This is the "McCain's VP" thread. I posted about a turkey farmer who used EBay to cash in on Palin's appearance at his turkey farm. The point is that the turkey farmer is cashing in on Palin's celebrity status. How does the post trash or diminish Palin's success? How do you support your conclusion that I'm a jealous of Palin and a loser in need of feeling better based on my post?

I doubt your personal attack on me has anything to do with Palin. Clearly, YOU are the one who desired to engage in trashing because I have repeatedly pointed out your arrogance and ignorance on another thread. That makes YOU the loser in need of feeling better about himself.

Woiyo9

-2  
Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:28 am
@Debra Law,
Only an elitist snob like you would give a **** about this poor slob who wants to make a buck. Good for him! I hope people cash in on Obama tee-shirts also.

You are the poster child for the definition of what a loser is. You wear it well.

1  
Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:21 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo, You really do have an huge imagination; Debra did not in any way or form trash any one for "making a buck." Where do you come up with all this shite? How did you ever graduate from school?
Woiyo9

0  
Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Then why did dopey Debra post it? There was no point other than to try to embarrass Gov. Palin.

Dopey Debra is an elitist snob.