A good cry on the train

PUNKEY

Mon 16 Jan, 2012 09:50 am
Who knows with grief?

It can hit you in the gut any time - days or years after.

All it takes is a memory . . .

I have posted a note on my frig. It says; LIVE IN THE PRESENT.

Anytime I forget that, I can slip into my grief, which was regret, sadness, clinging, craving, frightening, angry, and remorse feelings.
Joe Nation

Mon 16 Jan, 2012 10:45 am
@PUNKEY,
Punkey:Thanks for checking in on this thread.
Joe(It saved me)Nation
0 Replies

maddie48

Tue 8 May, 2012 05:22 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe I feel for you. My reaction is very similar to yours when somebody unexpectedly does something kind for me. When you're really hurting inside, you're very vulnerable and much more emotional. The simplest little act of kindness can tip you over the edge. In your case you had one big blow that you were trying to come to terms with, then those other little aggravations so you're feeling like a total victim .... bad luck everywhere. You were probably thinking when you asked the attendant that he'd just tell you how long you'd have to wait because that's all you asked. Maybe he saw the shadows of defeat in your eyes and responded to that. Whatever, it was a small but considerate act on his part and that's what touched you.
Airports are great places to have a weep too, as are dog walks because if you do happen on other people, their focus tends to be on the little critter that's with you. My husband died 14 months ago and I'm an expert now at finding places to just let the tears flow without attracting attention. And, yes, at other times when I'm having an awful day and out of the blue some stranger does something to help me ( e.g. picking up groceries for me from a burst bag instead of just walking past ). No trains where I live so it's in my car in the crowded supermarket carpark that I can release those tears - it's a mixture of gratitude, frustration at being so helpless, but mostly it's about loss of a life that I was so familiar with. That safe, secure cocoon that I took so much for granted is no longer. So, yes Joe, I feel for you and wish you strength and patience in the weeks and months ahead. Be kind to yourself too.
Joe Nation

Tue 8 May, 2012 07:48 am
@maddie48,
I am so sorry for your loss, Maddie.
We're all here to listen.

My life has completely and utterly changed beyond anything I could have imagined when I started this thread.

I hope the same for you.

Joe(♥)Nation

maddie48

Tue 8 May, 2012 03:23 pm
@Joe Nation,
I feel like an absolute idiot Joe - didn't realise until this morning when I checked in that what you were suffering was in 2008! I thought it was current. Having said that, I hope that your life is much happier now.
ossobuco

Tue 8 May, 2012 04:09 pm
@maddie48,
Don't feel like an idiot, people do that date-miss all the time.

Meantime, this thread is interesting to read. JoeNation's a good writer.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Tue 8 May, 2012 07:20 pm
@maddie48,
Let's talk about you, Maddie, how are you?

Really. I'd like to know.

Joe(waves )Nation
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 9 May, 2012 04:44 am
Hi Maddie! Smile

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

roseH01244

Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:00 am
@Borat Sister,
yup ,It can be the idea of crying in the train, If any one is disturbed he would have to travel in the train for crying....
0 Replies

jack469

Wed 16 Jan, 2013 08:50 am
@Joe Nation,
You know what Joe? Here is the best advice that I ever got. I recently broke up with my girlfriend of whom we both cared very much about. But didn't want the same thing (she didn't want kids I did). So the point being it was an incredibly hard breakup because we both loved each other the same amount as we did when we first fell into each others arms every night. The advice is this.

You accept the pain. Because you will never feel more alive than when you are going trying to go asleep drenching your pillow in tears. You will feel pain, loss and emotional chaos. You will wake up every day living the same shitty day over and over again. You will fall asleep drenching your pillows in tears. This is what it's like to be human. Most people in this world don't care about ****. Be grateful that you cared about someone so much as to release these emotions. However, you will never cease to exist in your natural emotional state. It will take time, and you will live the same horrible day over and over. But it will subside. Appreciate the feeling of being human, and alive.

That's the best advice I've ever gotten. Embrace it, cry, release every emotion.

Joe Nation

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:30 pm
@jack469,
Things are a bit better now, Jack, than they were in 2008.
Thanks for the advice, it's solid.

Joe(thanks to everyone)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:34 pm
~~ It's happened again.
C told me on Monday that it was over, she "didn't want to be a couple" anymore.
Not my fault she says. But I think I need deep therapy.

Joe(or maybe being together when moving to a new apartment is lethal to compatibility)Nation
Izzie

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:48 pm
@Joe Nation,
Oh (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Joe))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugging you darlin'.. just hugging you from across the pond.

xxxxx
0 Replies

McTag

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:50 pm
@Joe Nation,

Bummer, Joe. Sorry to hear that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
ah crap

big hugs to you JoeN
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
Damn damn damn.

Did I say damn?

I mean damn.

jes(damn)pah
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
@Joe Nation,
**** on a broomstick...

Or, as my business partner used to say about various situations, business or re either of us in our regular lives, can we stop learning yet?

I'm sorry, JoeN. Big sorry.

0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 03:57 pm
@Joe Nation,
So sorry to read that, Joe.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
0 Replies

dlowan

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 04:31 pm
@Joe Nation,
Oh Joe, I am so sorry to hear this.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Joe))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 25 Apr, 2013 04:32 pm
@Joe Nation,
Sorry, Jonathan. I know you were into this one...deeply.

Best to take Forrest Gump's advice: Do a lot of running to keep the hurt down.