theMadOne

Thu 3 Feb, 2022 05:42 pm
@The Anointed,
No, that isn't. But they are spot on!
Another variation is " I will prove to be".
The Anointed

Thu 3 Feb, 2022 10:10 pm
@theMadOne,
Quote:
No, that isn't. But they are spot on! Another variation is " I will prove to be"

So, the JW movement taught you two different variants did they? and (No 1) is; "I will prove to be: and (No 2) is; "I will prove to be."

See previous post to yours. No wonder you have named yourself, 'theMadOne'
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 12:58 am
@The Anointed,
I believe you are right.

I can’t see how you can get “I will prove to be” as an interpretation of Exodus 3:14.

It says what it says………there is no ambiguity.

Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 01:23 am
@Jasper10,
JW clearly don’t believe that Jesus was who he said he was.

Jesus said what he said in John 8:57-58.

There is no ambiguity there either.
Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 01:41 am
@Jasper10,
I suppose if God can do …..what he wants….. when he wants…. how he wants and if he wants……after all he is God as a possibility

….well, if he wants to take on flesh….as a possibility…….then I ain’t gonna argue with him.

…after all I haven’t been around and know I won’t be around long enough to be able to claim otherwise with any real conviction….
The Anointed

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 06:12 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
well, if he wants to take on flesh….as a possibility…….then I ain’t gonna argue with him.

Why would he wish to manifest himself as a body of flesh, when He has manifested himself as this boundless cosmic body and all therein?
Leadfoot

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:46 am
And why would God prevaricate and call himself the Son of God?
He doesn’t strike me as the kind that would mince words.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:52 am
@The Anointed,
That you have to ask this means you don't understand Christianity at all.

Quote:
So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

Jews are offended because they think God should not be sacrificed on the cross for our sins. And that what Jesus is, God wrapped in mortal flesh. To them, God told them repeatedly that humans aren't to be sacrificed. (Yet they have no sympathy for the year after year of animals killed, both at Passover and ceremonies of atonement)

Gentiles find it absurd that any God would lower himself to the image of a human. If God is powerful, why would he suffer on our account?

Well, it's simple. God cares for our well being almost like a man who owns a rabbit as a pet would try to stop a poacher from killing it for food. Even by getting in front of the gun. No, it's not rational. But God's plan is that none should have to die.

0 Replies

theMadOne

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 08:11 am
Japer just doesn't realize that the phrase is notoriously difficult to translate. In Hebrew, it is “ehyeh aser ehyeh”. “Aser” in the middle is a particle connecting the two verbs, and it can be translated, ‘who,’ ‘that,’ or ‘because,’ so there’s some ambiguity there. The verb itself, ‘ehyeh,’ is from the verb ‘hayah,’ which means “to be”. It’s in the imperfect tense, which (in Hebrew) means it has all sorts of ambiguity and flexibility. You could translate it as “I am,” “I was,” or “I will be”. Do your math: you’ve got three things here and three things there, so there’s nine different ways that you could realistically translate this. “I am who I am.” “I will be who I will be.” “I was who I was.” “I was who I will be.” ‘I am who I was.” And so forth. You can sort them out. Some have also argued that it could be translated, “I caused to be.’
theMadOne

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 08:13 am
And add to their ignorance the imagination- as if God would die for His own Creation.

(Alto they believe that NO ONE dies....'IMMORTAL' souls....)
Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 11:15 am
@The Anointed,
All I can think of that it would be a bit hypocritical to state some rules and tell us to keep them perfectly if you can’t keep them perfectly yourself in the flesh.Who would take you seriously?

We know what Jesus thought of hypocrisy.
Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 11:24 am
@theMadOne,
Maybe you don’t understand God.
Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 02:59 pm
@Jasper10,
or perfect love…

Who does?
Leadfoot

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 04:49 pm
@Jasper10,
By that, I hope you don’t mean that most rediculous, absurd, seductive term ‘unconditional love'.
The Anointed

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:02 pm
@theMadOne,
Quote:
there’s nine different ways that you could realistically translate this. “I am who I am.” “I will be who I will be.” “I was who I was.” “I was who I will be.” ‘I am who I was.” And so forth.

Or perhaps the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who filled the man Jesus with His spirit, which descended upon him in the form of a dove on the day that he was baptised, who then sent his obedient servant Jesus out among the people to speak to them, ‘IN HIS NAME’ all the “WORDS” that the Lord commanded him to say, as when He said through the mouth of His servant in John 8: 58; “Before Abraham WAS, “I AM” ”.

Acts 3: 13; The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors has given divine glory to his servant ‘Jesus’, etc.

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; I will raise them up a Prophet from among their own people, like unto thee, and will put ‘MY WORDS’ in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto ‘MY WORDS’ which he shall speak in ‘MY NAME’, I will surely Punish.

Jesus spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the indwelling spirit of the Lord, who said through the mouth of his obedient servant; “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

When the Lord said through his earthly host body in John 6: 54; “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Lord was not referring to the body and blood of his physical host body, but to his spiritual body and flowing life force, for as explanation he says in verse 63; “The flesh is of no use at all, it is the spirit that gives life and ‘MY WORDS’ are spirit and life.

Jesus was filled with the spirit=WORDS of the lord and sent out to speak ‘HIS WORDS’ in ‘HIS NAME.’

But the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, is not our heavenly Father, He is the only begotten Son of God, (Our Lord God and saviour) who revealed himself to us through his obedient servant Jesus.

It was He (The ANOINTED one—The SON of MAN) who, when he was about to come into the world and offer his life for the sins of the flesh in which he had developed, as we all must, said to God, “You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but a body you have prepared for me” that body was the man Jesus.

Psalms 82: 6; ‘You are Gods,’ I said, ‘all of you are sons of the Most High.

Hebrews 5: 7-10; In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. But even though he was ‘A’ Son, (As are all Jews) he learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. When he was made perfect (in his obedience) , he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him, and God declared him to be high priest, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

And God made him High Priest when he said to him; “You are my Son, ‘TODAY’ I have become your Father.”
0 Replies

The Anointed

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:25 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
All I can think of that it would be a bit hypocritical to state some rules and tell us to keep them perfectly if you can’t keep them perfectly yourself in the flesh. Who would take you seriously? We know what Jesus thought of hypocrisy.

What would hypocrisy have to do with my statement; "Why would he wish to manifest himself as a body of flesh, when He has manifested himself as this boundless cosmic body and all therein?"

Science reveals that the eternal which has neither beginning or end has become this universe and all herein, and Paul also reveals who the creator God Is, in Romans 1: 18-23; Where Paul says; "God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known.

God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain. Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made.

So those people have no excuse at all! They know God, but they do not give him the honour that belongs to him, nor do they thank him. Instead, their thoughts have become complete nonsense, and their empty minds are filled with darkness. They say they are wise, but they are fools; instead of worshipping the immortal God, they worship images made to look like mortal human beings, etc, etc.

Only FOOLS would think that the creator God is ever seen in the flesh.
The Anointed

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 09:24 pm
@theMadOne,
Quote:
(Alto they believe that NO ONE dies....'IMMORTAL' souls....)

Love God with all your heart=body, with all your mind=spirit and with all your lifeforce=soul.

Once the physical womb in which the mind had developed has died the first death and has decomposed and returned to the universal body from which it originated, and the wicked unrepentant disembodied mind is cast back into the refining fires of physical life once again, in the endless cycles of re-births, and that mind ceases to exist, the emptied and seemingly lifeless soul is given a new body=heart in which to develop a new mind=spirit.

Ezekiel 36: 26; "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit=mind in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

I wouldn't describe that as an everlasting life.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 4 Feb, 2022 11:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
Are you saying that there is no such thing as unconditional love then Leadfoot?
Jasper10

Sat 5 Feb, 2022 12:15 am
@The Anointed,
….why would he wish to manifest himself as a body of flesh?…….

I would suggest as possibilities that some of the reasons he would do this are:

1.As I have previously stated ….. because he isn’t a hypocrite.
2.To live a perfect life by fulfilling the exacting standards of the rules he himself put in place.
3.The Christian scriptures state that it was to take the punishment that was due to his people as a result of their inability to keep the rules perfectly that he himself had put in place.
4.Because he is love…..the Christian scriptures state that “God is Love” in 1 John 4:16.As I have said,I for one, don’t begin to understand such “unconditional perfect love” that would cause God to take on flesh and be punished for other peoples wrong doings.Who does?
5.Because he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and however he wants.He doesn’t answer to man.
The Anointed

Sat 5 Feb, 2022 03:40 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
As I have previously stated ….. because he isn’t a hypocrite.

And who is 'HE' to who you are referring, who you believe isn't a hypocrite? The creator God? The only begotten son of God who filled the man Jesus with HIS Spirit? Or the man Jesus himself who was given divine glory by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?