Thu 10 Feb, 2022 01:23 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
You may disagree.

We do.
Jasper10

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 01:53 am
@The Anointed,
Why though?…. ………I’m trying to understand where you are coming from with your understandings……I am genuinely interested……..you need to explain why you disagree…………or do you disagree without an explanation?

I am not trying to outsmart you here ….I am trying to understand you view.
The Anointed

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 02:50 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I’m trying to understand where you are coming from with your understandings……I am genuinely interested…….

No you're not.

Quote:
I am not trying to outsmart you here ….

I very much doubt if you could outsmart a parrot with the intellect of a two years old.

Night night mate.
Jasper10

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 04:25 am
@The Anointed,
Is that it?….so you disagree just because you want to disagree without any clear explanation as to why you disagree.

How is that helping anyone to understand the rationale behind your views/opinions?
Jasper10

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 04:38 am
@Jasper10,
Once again,you may disagree, but the way I interpret the Christian scriptures is that God created everything perfectly knowing that there would be a problem after he created it and therefore sorted it himself because only he could.

I suppose that is a possibility….pretty amazing if true.

0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 04:43 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
so you disagree just because you want to disagree without any clear explanation as to why you disagree. How is that helping anyone to understand the rationale behind your views/opinions?

You have neither the desire or intention to attempt to understand the rational behind any ones views or opinions, you are no more than a biblical ignoramus who simply needs someone to argue with.

Goodnight kiddo.
Jasper10

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 04:48 am
@The Anointed,
I’m not what you say at all……..that is not fair….I try to be clear about what I say….you on the other hand are not clear at all….you need to close out your views/opinions….not leave them open ended…
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 07:21 am
@Jasper10,
For a guy that only 'hopes' there is a God, you seem to claim a lot of specifics about his methods.
But anyway..
Quote:
you can do nothing to be saved as the bible calls it i.e. to be able to become perfect as if by magic and then be able to enter into God’s presence.

In spite of all the care I took to explain it, you obviously missed that this was my point about why the 1000 years was a logical requirement.

Quote:
From my understanding of the Christian scriptures God has to do it all because only perfection can do it all…

So in your understanding, it does happen by 'magic' . It just has to be God's magic.
Or is everything you say just a 'hope'.

I’m starting to think you are wasting my time.

So again I ask, what is the purpose of the 1000 years?
If God is going to say 'poof' and you are perfect, what is the point of waiting another 1000 years?

Jasper10

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 12:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
Everybody “hopes” Leadfoot ………..why, have you got some definitive proof?

What do you think Romans 4: 7-8 means in the Christian scriptures? ….it says God will forgive our sins and cover them up.Are you saying that this will only happen in the 1000 years and not before?

The question I have, regardless of the timescales, is why does God forgive our sins?………Is the Christian God going to forgive everybody’s sins?

I would suggest that the Christian scriptures are stating that he will only forgive the sins of those people who genuinely trust that he took the blame for all their sins…..

Hey……I can only say it as I see it Leadfoot……..I’m not asking you to agree with me….

Leadfoot

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 01:55 pm
@Jasper10,
It’s OK to say 'I don’t know', Jasper.
Jasper10

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 02:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
Ha Ha…..is your middle name Frank by any chance……
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 02:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

It’s OK to say 'I don’t know', Jasper.

So, what is Jesus saying in Matthew 28:18-20?
NealNealNeal

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 02:41 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
I’m trying to understand where you are coming from with your understandings……I am genuinely interested…….

No you're not.

Quote:
I am not trying to outsmart you here ….

I very much doubt if you could outsmart a parrot with the intellect of a two years old.

Night night mate.

I have a feeling that God is throwing a flag on you (using football terms).
Please try not to insult Jasper. He should be respected.
The Anointed

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 03:14 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
I have a feeling that God is throwing a flag on you (using football terms).

And do you get these feelings often Neal?
NealNealNeal

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 03:28 pm
@The Anointed,
The Holy Spirit often impresses my spirit.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 04:31 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
“It’s OK to say 'I don’t know', Jasper. “

So, what is Jesus saying in Matthew 28:18-20?

So what does that have to do with the question I’ve asked both you and Jasper?

And why do you keep avoiding it?
0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 10 Feb, 2022 05:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I’m starting to think you are wasting my time.

Just 'STARTING'??? Well you're headed in the right direction.

Quote:
If God is going to say 'poof' and you are perfect, what is the point of waiting another 1000 years?

The one thousand years Sabbath, has nothing to do with bringing people to perfection, and everything to do with the preservation of the human race.

Revelation 20: 7-9; After the thousand years have finished Satan is let loose from his prison, and he will go out to deceive the nations scattered over the whole world, that is, Gog and Magog. Satan will bring them all together for battle, as many as the grains of sand on the seashore. They spread out over the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people and the city that he loves. But fire came down from heaven and destroyed them.

Had the forces of Satan been perfected during the great Sabbath?

God does not force anyone to strive for perfection, but he does save those who do so. Those who had been in God's camp before the last trumpet had sounded.

Jasper10

Fri 11 Feb, 2022 01:40 am
@The Anointed,
My understanding of the christian scriptures is that you definitely can’t “EARN” your perfection by striving for it in your own strength and you are DEFINITELY wasting your time on that score…..that is just the basics as I see it.

Imperfection is imperfection and remains imperfection for ever.That is why God ONLY covers imperfection up and chooses not to remember it.Hence why I made reference to Romans 4:7-8.Don’t you read the christian scriptures “The Anointed ”….it would appear not.

God wouldn’t be a holy God though if he didn’t deal with imperfection is my understanding.

My understanding is that God alone deals with imperfection, not us, and we are fools if we do think that we do contribute something.

The Anointed

Fri 11 Feb, 2022 02:27 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Imperfection is imperfection and remains imperfection for ever.

So says the biblical ignoramus.

Ezekiel 18: 21-23; “If an evil person (AN IMPERFECT PERSON) stops sinning and keeps my laws (Which is to love God and love your neighbour), if he does what is right and good, he will not die; he will certainly live. All his sins will be forgiven, and he will live, because he did what is right. (He will be considered perfect in God's sight and fit to inherit everlasting life in God's Kingdom) Do you think I enjoy seeing an evil person die?” asks the Sovereign LORD. “No, I would rather see him repent and live (Into the everlasting). Bracketed interpolations mine.
Jasper10

Fri 11 Feb, 2022 05:08 am
@The Anointed,
Ha Ha ignoramus…!!…how dare you….lol…

So you are going to keep Gods laws perfectly from now on are you?…keep dreaming…

oh …and what about all the imperfections you did previously……so the judge is just going to wipe your slate clean is he….……as if they don’t matter……It’s as easy as that…..in your world….

Yeah right….keep dreaming…….you have no real understanding of the Christian scriptures at all.