Jasper10

Sun 30 Jan, 2022 09:22 am
@The Anointed,
Where does it say in the Christian bible that MIND and SPIRIT are the same?

I know Hebrews 14:12 is clear concerning spirit; soul and body.

Some people say SOUL and SPIRIT are the same.

You are saying MIND and SPIRIT are the same.

What about MIND and SOUL being the same?

The Anointed

Sun 30 Jan, 2022 04:03 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Where does it say in the Christian bible that MIND and SPIRIT are the same?

The scriptures equate the ‘MIND’ with the ‘SPIRIT’, in one place it is said, “You must love God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your soul:” In another place it is said, “You must love God with all your body, with all your spirit and with all your soul.”

I am a triad being consisting of Body, Soul, and Spirit. The body is created from the universal elements and must return to the elements from which it is created. The Soul is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universe activating all within, and like the elements, the soul must also return to the ‘GREAT THOUGHT’ which is made manifest as this visible universe.

While the Spirit is the invisible mind which is the ‘I Am,’ that is imprinted upon the eternal universal Soul, which Soul must return to the ‘GREAT THOUGHT,’ with or without the ‘I Am,’ that is either accepted into the GREAT THOUGHT, or rejected, and if rejected, it is separated from the eternal Soul and ceases to exist.

YOU,” as a human being, are Body, Soul and Spirit, but “YOU” the invisible mind, are spirit.

Just as mankind developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, and Mankind does not close the book of evolution, 'THE SON OF MAN' the Most High to develop in the creation and Lord of ALL, is currently developing within the body mankind.

The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul, [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become ‘WHO YOU ARE’, and that gathering of spirits, which is the evolving ‘SON OF MAN,’ dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN] who stands on the highest and final rung of the ladder of evolution in this period of universal activity.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the evolving spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body, which godhead should be an obedient servant to “WHO YOU ARE.”

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind The veil,
I lifted up my hands to find A lamp amid the Darkness;
and I heard, As from Without----
“The Me within Thee is blind.”----- By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the FIRST DEATH] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, which returns to ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT,’ [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected in this cycle, or the next cycle of universal activity.

Any mind that is rejected by ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT’ is cast back into the refining fires of physical life once again, where the mind is divided from the eternal soul, and ceases to exist, this is the ‘SECOND DEATH’ the soul is then given a new body in which to develop a new Spirit=Mind.

Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”
Jasper10

Mon 31 Jan, 2022 01:50 am
@The Anointed,
I disagree with you on a number of the points you raise “The Anointed” ….I agree with you on the Spirit;Soul; Body bit…..however…..I am not my mind and I am not a thought.

I have a mind in which I process thoughts.

The Anointed

Mon 31 Jan, 2022 04:13 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I disagree with you on a number of the points you raise “The Anointed”

And that is your God given right old mate.

Quote:
I agree with you on the Spirit;Soul; Body bit…..however…..I am not my mind and I am not a thought.

So, you believe contrary to the scriptures state that a human consists of body, mind, and soul, and your belief is that humans consist of four parts, Body, spirit, soul, and mind, am I correct?

Quote:
I have a mind in which I process thoughts.

When you say that you have a mind in which "YOU" process thought, what is the "YOU" that you refer to?

If that body in which the mind has and continues to evolve, were born without the senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, and no information could be taken into the brain, do you believe that the mind in which YOU supposedly process thoughts, could ever have begun to develop?

Do you believe that "YOU" will continue to exist after your body of flesh, blood, bone, brain matter, etc, has returned to the elements from which it originated?

If so, do, YOU continue to exist, as a disembodied invisible mind, or a disembodied invisible mindless spirit?

BTW, I'm going fishing with the family for the next few days, so I'll catch ya later.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Mon 31 Jan, 2022 11:38 am
@Arella Mae,
Very accurate, AM.
In other words, the Trinity is 3 separate Gods- no matter what excuses are given,
And 'Oneness' is really a God with a personality disorder.

BOTH antibiblical and thus antchristian.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 31 Jan, 2022 12:31 pm
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that the “I am” is spirit (i.e. the YOU or SELF).

The “I am” having a SOUL (Mind) in which thoughts are processed

Both residing within a physical body.
theMadOne

Mon 31 Jan, 2022 04:30 pm
@Jasper10,
In you imagination.
Jasper10

Tue 1 Feb, 2022 12:35 am
@theMadOne,
I would suggest that the “I am” is not imagination.The “I am” has imagination.
theMadOne

Tue 1 Feb, 2022 07:22 am
@Jasper10,
"I am" is used only ONCE in the Bible (Ex 3).
Not the imaginary translation of John 8.

Strictly in your imagination.
Jasper10

Tue 1 Feb, 2022 07:39 am
@theMadOne,
The “I am” in the Christian scriptures is spirit is it not?

theMadOne

Tue 1 Feb, 2022 02:58 pm
@Jasper10,
It was "I am" that Jehovah symbolized with what he would do to the people in slavery. They were at the point that they believed he cared not...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 1 Feb, 2022 07:07 pm
The impression I got from that conversation was that it was God's way of gently telling Moses that he had asked a stupid question.
Jasper10

Wed 2 Feb, 2022 12:19 am
@Leadfoot,
I am suggesting that the Christian “God” the “ I AM” told Moses that he was spirit.

I know that “i am” not my mind or the thoughts within my mind or the emotions that result due to thoughts or information incoming from the five senses..” i am” not my will either.

I have a mind with which I think and reason and experience emotions and make choices from data received.

I would therefore suggest that the SOUL is related to the MIND;EMOTIONS;WILL.

awareness;
Leadfoot

Wed 2 Feb, 2022 05:18 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I am suggesting that the Christian “God” the “ I AM” told Moses that he was spirit.

You really think Moses didn’t know that already?
You think God had to tell him he wasn’t a burning Bush?

The rest of what you said may be right but I think it’s clear that God was saying (more or less) 'Hey, there is only one God and it is I, why do you need a name? '

It’s probable that the people back at camp would have just changed the name of that gold calf they built, from Baal to whatever Moses said, thus missing the whole point.

What God gave them was the written list of rules that they had asked for. They were too frightened to deal with God as Spirit. The list was never God's idea of how to follow him. Christ said to address God as 'our Father' when asked.
Jasper10

Wed 2 Feb, 2022 10:54 am
@Leadfoot,
I agree with you Leadfoot, Moses would have believed that God was spirit already…and no to your second point.

The remainder of what you said is interesting.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Wed 2 Feb, 2022 04:52 pm
"t the Christian “God” the “ I AM”"

Ever refer to 'Christians' worshipping an "I AM"?
Jasper10

Thu 3 Feb, 2022 12:58 am
@theMadOne,
I would suggest that if the Christian God refers to himself as “ I AM”,implying to me anyway,that he has always been and always will be then this is a good description of a God in my opinion…..you may disagree.

The bible says that God has always existed and will always exist…………christians do worship a God who refers to himself as “I AM”.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Thu 3 Feb, 2022 05:19 am
Jehovah never applied "I am" to ANYONE.
The true meaning of "I am" in Ex 3 is "I will prove to be".

The connection to John 5:58 is just Trinitarian Ploy.
Jasper10

Thu 3 Feb, 2022 06:30 am
@theMadOne,
Well Exodus 3:14 of the Christian scriptures says what it says………..Jehovah applied “I am” to himself….

Please explain why you believe that the true meaning of “I am” in Exodus 3:14 is “I will prove to be”
The Anointed

Thu 3 Feb, 2022 04:10 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Please explain why you believe that the true meaning of “I am” in Exodus 3:14 is “I will prove to be”

"I will prove to be" is an erroneous translation by the JW movement, so take a guess where theMadOne got his belief.