Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 12:07 pm
@Arella Mae,
They are both clergybabble....
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 12:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
You mean THIS~
John 17:11- And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 12:11 pm
@Derevon,
You mean Thomas forgot the Holy Ghost-God?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 02:28 pm
@Arella Mae,
LOL if I remember correctly in the Bible there is a statement that not even Jesus know the time of the second coming. So if it was one and the same 3 in 1 person it seem hard and pointless to keep secrets from one part of yourself.

In any case the whole thing is nonsense on it face.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2021 05:31 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
So if it was one and the same 3 in 1 person it seem hard and pointless to keep secrets from one part of yourself.

In any case the whole thing is nonsense on it face.

Good starting point, a hard logical contradiction noticed between the book and religious dogma.

But then Whoops, there goes baby with the bath water
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 07:03 am
@Arella Mae,
You fell for confusing double negatives.

"...enough to disprove that Jesus is not One with the Father" means enough to prove Jesus is One with the Father.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 07:16 am
The official doctrine of the church is of the oneness of the Trinity, rendering this vs a heresy.

There is One God (as the Jews believe). However, even the Jews are on record saying Jacob wrestled with a man, not an angel. And that he later claims "you have fought with God." And they have a Spirit of the Lord, which leaves Saul and he becomes possessed by an evil spirit.

The official doctrine:
Father is God
Son is God
Spirit is God
Father is not Son
Son is not Spirit
Spirit is not Father

They are three distinct parts of God, not three gods. The Holy Spirit is part of our souls somehow (I always wind up comparing it to Shinto ideas), the Father created all things, and the Son personally interacts with humanity.
If the Father tried to interact with humans, our heads would explode seeing him. If the Holy Spirit tried to interact with humans, we'd not know the difference from a regular conversation. Likewise for creating or souls. Each of these aspects of God is best at their job, but God is One.
0 Replies