Jewels Vern

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
It does not exist in the bible. It is a pagan doctrine, dating from Babylon. You can get several books named Babylon Mystery Religion at any book store to investigate the history.
0 Replies

badger2

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:25 pm
There's more to it than the babylon mystery. Carl Gustav Jung goes into some depth on the subject, though an important definition exists in Deleuze's Bergsonism, where he explains a la Bergson the triplicity of flux which is akin to the perception of the impossible trident (see wiki for this graphic illusion). The impossible trident is one of the reasons why theogonic reproduction works so well in the mind of Homo sapiens and why xianity is the foremost religion that secretes atheism by default. (see Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism).
Jewels Vern

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 10:26 pm
@badger2,
@badger2 your big words are meaningless to most people. That is to say you have not communicated any message. If you look for an explanation in the bible, you don't find it.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Jesus didn't know the divine mystery. If Jesus had been God, John 4:22 would have been a lie, and God can not lie.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The trinity doctrine contradicts those verses. That is why churches that teach the trinity discourage studying the bible, declaring that church tradition is of higher authority than the word of God.
0 Replies

badger2

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:18 pm
We can take it one word at a time if necessary, no problem. Even though another non-understandable word, "proselytize" is also a member of the mother tongue known as English. It's interesting that one poster apparently speaks for all the other readers, some of which have likely understood a few of badger2's words. Shall we have a pop quiz in front of the other readers as we go through the definitions?
0 Replies

Aetherian

Wed 3 Jul, 2019 01:17 am
@Arella Mae,
It is very simple.The abstraction which is ALL things creates by splitting into a Duality.The reaction between these 2 opposites produces a 3rd, causing The Trinity from which creation occurs in three principles Spirit, Soul and Mind. These 3 are in every aspect of creation, at low levels are potential.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Wed 3 Jul, 2019 10:04 am
@Arella Mae,
Jesus is nothing but a prophet and Messiah. Both the views you presented have no convincing proof in Bible and hence you have two contradicting views which are based on people's interpretation.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 3 Jul, 2019 10:12 am
Lord that question had been one of the top questions in history that resulted in rivers of human blood.

When is the human race going to grow up?

Quote:
In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

0 Replies

WISDOM SILAS

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 08:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
The body, the soul and the spirit make up a full human being, so with this one shouldn't be confused about the this Trinity doctrine. Let me not sound deep, God is one who's operation is in three personality.
HabibUrrehman

Mon 8 Jul, 2019 10:22 am
@WISDOM SILAS,
The truth is that the Trinity is an abstract principle, a confusing and difficult doctrine that Christians believe, although they are not really sure why in their honest moments.
Leadfoot

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:39 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Dude! So true !
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 10:15 pm
Jesus said in Matthew 28:16: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
BillRM

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I agree it is not in the Bible neo. However; the concept is. I had never known that some people thought the trinity meant three separate persons. I had always thought it meant three manifestations of one God. I can tell you what I believe.

I believe the three are one. Do I think they are all Jesus? Yes and no. How? I have no clue. I only know that God can do anything. Some seem to think it is a matter of salvation as to whether you believe in the trinity or oneness. I don't think it is a salvation issue.

Yes I am aware it is silly to get into arguments about the nature of an imagine god or gods but if I remember correctly it is claimed that not even Jesus know the timing of his second coming so we can not have one being that is keeping a secret from the other aspect of the same being.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:07 pm
@Arella Mae,
The mystery is the three is one, the one is three.

The Nicene Creed

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (æons), Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary, and was made man; he was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered, and was buried, and the third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures, and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father; from thence he shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead. ; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spake by the prophets.

In one holy catholic and apostolic Church; we acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Its not so complicated. Quit looking for the mechanism: G*d is the alpha and the omega. He's always been, he will always be: he is the great I AM. We don't need to understand the mechanism, its not important - what is important is He is here for us.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 05:17 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Jesus said in Matthew 28:16: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

That’s why I get confused about whether you guys are in or out of 'Trinity'.

He says right there it was given to him.

To be given something, means there was a giver and a receiver .
To be 'seated at the right hand of God' means what it obviously means.
Why would anyone follow such a serpentine path to 'Trinity’?
Why would we believe anything other than who and what he said he was.
livinglava

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 09:53 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:

That’s why I get confused about whether you guys are in or out of 'Trinity'.

He says right there it was given to him.

To be given something, means there was a giver and a receiver .
To be 'seated at the right hand of God' means what it obviously means.
Why would anyone follow such a serpentine path to 'Trinity’?
Why would we believe anything other than who and what he said he was.

The oneness of everything lies in the realization that all things are connected and that everything that is perceived as a distinct entity separate from others is actually a network of connected parts, which itself connects with other networks outside itself in many ways.

So you can't say that the trinity is different God being unified because both are true, just as the creation is a manifestation of God and simultaneously separated from Him and all the souls from their brothers and sisters.

The purpose of separation is to realize unity in connectedness. Jesus is flesh and blood born human being, but He is simultaneously designed in a way that connects our understanding of the human form with the divine. The stories of Jesus are full of seeming contradictions to make us see beyond the superficial separateness of appearances to reveal deeper truths.

Water is not wine, blind men can't see, the last are not the first, and death is not eternal life; but through Christ Jesus we come to understand how these things are related/connected and that brings us into contact with God in a way that we would otherwise remain unaware of. "Before Abraham was, I am" Jesus told the Pharisees, i.e. because He wanted to make them understand the relationship between human beings and Holy Spirit in the present, and not just as a lineage traceable back to Abraham and his blessings from God for his descendants.
Leadfoot

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 04:31 pm
@livinglava,
Whole lot of assertions and religious sounding gobbledegook there but not one wit of reason or logic.

How do you suppose we are supposed to figure out all those puzzling things and apparent contradictions in what Jesus said?

The scriptures say to “Come, let us reason together”, not just assert whatever your personal or denomination's dogma is.
BillRM

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 04:47 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Squeakybro wrote:
I know the Holy Spirit and I have conversations with Him every day. If He quotes a verse to me I know that verse is the Word of God.
You are aware, are you not, that the holy spirit is not a person?
Which leads me to ask . . .
Who or what are you having communication with?

Maybe a demon???
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 04:56 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

So, you're saying the evidence from the scriptures should be ignored?

Lord how dare anyone not take the selections of religion writings thrown together by the Council of Nicaea an then enforced by the military might of Rome?

How many men women and children had have Roman swords run through their bodies over disagreement about Jesus god hood?
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 11:37 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Whole lot of assertions and religious sounding gobbledegook there but not one wit of reason or logic.

How do you suppose we are supposed to figure out all those puzzling things and apparent contradictions in what Jesus said?

The scriptures say to “Come, let us reason together”, not just assert whatever your personal or denomination's dogma is.

What part of what I posted did you not understand? Maybe I didn't clarify my reasoning well enough.

Thank you for posting the "come, let us reason together" quote. It is totally apt.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Sun 24 May, 2020 11:22 pm
@Arella Mae,
There is the Father (Spirit) in Heaven which no human being has ever seen.
There is the Son Jesus Christ (Physical matter) which many people have seen, who is a mediator between us pathetic humans and the HOLY FATHER in Heaven
There is the Holy Ghost (Spirit) which imparts gifts and convicts humans of the errors of their ways.

These Three are ONE.
After the Rapture, the Saints will be added to the above list, and then it will be:
These Four are ONE.

If this generation understood the Scriptures which plainly teach that the husband and wife are no longer twain, but ONE flesh, they would understand perfectly the meaning of the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost being ONE also. But because this generation fails to understand how a husband and wife are ONE flesh, they will in no way understand how the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are ONE.

Doesn't Scriptures interpret Scriptures? Yes they do. And Scriptures plainly teach Husband and Wife are ONE, why then is it so difficult to understand how the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are ONE? dumb humans maybe.
0 Replies