McCain is blowing his election chances.

Pemerson

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:02 pm
McCain, while certainly not too old, doesn't appear to be very healthy. He looks weak, speaks weak. You just wanted to say, when he eventually did begin to run (!), to please not bother. We don't want a president who is pathetic. For some odd reason, I think the U.S. president just really must have energy, is that too much to ask?

The man was not electable. I didn't understand the selection of Palin as v.p. either.
okie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 02:46 am
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

The man was not electable.

Your comments are interesting, Pemerson, but I quote you above and comment that I felt the same way about Obama. I am still trying to figure out the American mood of electing a guy with no experience, nothing really, little significant accomplishments at all, except supposedly be a community organizer, whatever that is supposed to qualify one for, to be electable just because the media and some power brokers somewhere decided he was. And the joker and useful idiot, Biden, as vp, that was another mystery. I do think we would be infinitely better off right now in lots of ways, economically, national defense, and every other way, if McCain had somehow squeaked a victory out. Although the media would be hounding Palin incessantly about everything she did to help McCain govern, I think the woman is extremely smart and capable to have helped govern with very reasonable and balanced policies.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 07:12 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
Although the media would be hounding Palin incessantly about everything she did to help McCain govern, I think the woman is extremely smart and capable to have helped govern with very reasonable and balanced policies.

You can't be serious. Did you actually watch the Couric interview?
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 07:52 am
@okie,
I am still trying to figure out the American mood of electing a guy [Bush] with no experience, nothing really, no significant accomplishments at all, that's a vast overstatement, he was a failure at every turn.

He didn't have any capability to be a community organizer, a quality which is precisely what one wants in a politician, to get the community organized. We saw clearly in the response to Katrina, and every other thing he touched, just what Bush's idea of organization was.

Speaking of power brokers, those guys were real Madison Avenue con men. They advanced a veritable dunce, a miserable failure, a drunkard, a drug addict, a chickenshit war hawk who used his papa's power to not be drafted and got him elected to the highest office in the good ole US of A.

People who abused their right in voting for this monumental failure, this man who wouldn't be elected to the post of dog catcher in any serious country, really don't even deserve to have the right to vote.
okie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:17 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I am still trying to figure out the American mood of electing a guy [Bush] with no experience, nothing really, no significant accomplishments at all, that's a vast overstatement, he was a failure at every turn.

He didn't have any capability to be a community organizer, a quality which is precisely what one wants in a politician, to get the community organized. We saw clearly in the response to Katrina, and every other thing he touched, just what Bush's idea of organization was.

I don't want a community agitator, I want a leader. Example, we needed leaders in Louisiana and New Orleans, instead of what we had there, which was Nagin and the governor, which were monumental failures at doing their jobs. If not for Bush, countless many more would have died there, and thats a fact. It took Bush finally to call the governor and tell her to get on the stick and do her job of evacuating the city. The truth about Katrina was never accurately reported, and that is part of your problem, you are not properly informed on it, in regard to who had what responsibility to do what.

Quote:
Speaking of power brokers, those guys were real Madison Avenue con men. They advanced a veritable dunce, a miserable failure, a drunkard, a drug addict, a chickenshit war hawk who used his papa's power to not be drafted and got him elected to the highest office in the good ole US of A.
Bush is no drunkard, and besides I would rather have somebody that takes a drink now and then than a drug user as Obama has been or perhaps Clinton's family.

Quote:
People who abused their right in voting for this monumental failure, this man who wouldn't be elected to the post of dog catcher in any serious country, really don't even deserve to have the right to vote.

Obama should try being a dog catcher first, maybe Chicago. You just do not get the fact that George W. Bush is an honorable man that loved and still loves his country. And his wife is one class act, contrary to Michelle that still thinks her country is worthless probably until it elected her husband.
okie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:19 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

okie wrote:
Although the media would be hounding Palin incessantly about everything she did to help McCain govern, I think the woman is extremely smart and capable to have helped govern with very reasonable and balanced policies.

I don't watch Couric. I've seen enough of Palin to know she is intelligent enough, infinitely moreso than Biden, thats for sure. In my opinion, Biden is a dunce supreme.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:25 am
@okie,
It follows that if you assume palin is smarter than Biden that Biden would be a "dunce supreme." Loved the April Fools' satire presented by one of the wildlife defense organizations in which palin took a stand FOR wolves and said that she was glad to throw off the "twang" that the RNC forced her to assume.

If anyone has a checkered and plaided education resume, it is palin. How anyone can have received a degree in a subject in which she never majored is beyond me. How many one night As can one woman earn?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:46 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Yeah, I haven't seen someone drop off the radar this fast since Kerry.

Laughing Laughing Laughing You nailed that one!

I'm very proud of myself! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:03 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

okie wrote:

I don't watch Couric. I've seen enough of Palin to know she is intelligent enough, infinitely moreso than Biden, thats for sure. In my opinion, Biden is a dunce supreme.

Intelligent enough to do what?

She has mastery of exactly zero issues, both from a policy standpoint and a rhetorical standpoint. What about that screams 'leader of the free world?'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:20 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

JTT wrote:
They advanced a veritable dunce, a miserable failure, a drunkard, a drug addict, a chickenshit war hawk who used his papa's power to not be drafted and got him elected to the highest office in the good ole US of A.
Bush is no drunkard....

Laughing
dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:28 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

okie wrote:

JTT wrote:
They advanced a veritable dunce, a miserable failure, a drunkard, a drug addict, a chickenshit war hawk who used his papa's power to not be drafted and got him elected to the highest office in the good ole US of A.
Bush is no drunkard....

Laughing
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:10 pm
@joefromchicago,
I think we all know Bush had a problem, but I think he has largely overcome it.
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:16 pm
@okie,
I think we all know that you have a problem and you'll never overcome it.
okie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:57 pm
@JTT,
My problem becomes your problem. My problem is I won't quit stating the obvious, and it becomes your problem because you can't stand facing the obvious truth of it and therefore you get tired of hearing it. You could solve your problem by simply having the courage to admit the obvious truth of the situations given us by today's politics. Then perhaps I would be less needed or compelled to preach to the choir and my problem would subside. Solving your problem would help solve mine. Can you help?
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:20 pm
@okie,
Yes, I can help, Okie. Your problem is that you don't even realize how dumb you are. Joe & Dys weren't laughing at your smarts.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 11:11 pm
@okie,
It is only obvious to you because of your perspective. I don't think you are quite as extreme as either gungasnake or omsigdavid . . . but . . . you are extreme.

Your logic is also a tad off. Consider your sentence: Then perhaps I would be less needed or compelled to preach to the choir and my problem would subside.

JTT told you that you have a problem and you respond that you are preaching to the choir. JTT is not a member of the choir. Do you understand the meaning of the phrase? When one speaks of preaching to the choir, one means they talk with people who share their beliefs. Your choir consists of gunga, mysteryman, massagat, David and a few others. You stated the opposite of what you should have said, which is: I wish you would admit that I am right so that I can preach to the choir.

The problem is that JTT and cyc and many more here have used our education, facts, reason, logic, ethics, compassion and keen powers of observation to reach the conclusions that we have reached. We have the courage of our convictions because we know the truth.
okie

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 07:21 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

JTT told you that you have a problem and you respond that you are preaching to the choir. JTT is not a member of the choir. Do you understand the meaning of the phrase? When one speaks of preaching to the choir, one means they talk with people who share their beliefs. Your choir consists of gunga, mysteryman, massagat, David and a few others. You stated the opposite of what you should have said, which is: I wish you would admit that I am right so that I can preach to the choir.

You missed my point, pom. I was being a bit humorous as well. My point was that if JTT would wake up and see things more accurately as I believe I see them, he among others would find agreement with what I believe should already be obviously correct to everyone, and I would feel less compelled to repeat myself here all the time because it would only be preaching to the quoir instead of the way it is now, wherein I have to keep repeating the obvious to point out the error of liberal logic here. By the way, liberal logic is an oxymoron, pom. Have a great day, pom, and have a sense of humor.
0 Replies

Fordham03

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 08:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Well, he won his senatorial seat but lost his honor. He basically caved his values just to stay in office. The maverick became a chameleon.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 09:10 pm
My daughter forwarded an old blog, from the time of the 2007 Republican convention, about how Bristol Palin will win the election for McCain. It was basically a screed against the left.

Does anyone remember that not too long ago, the "elites" of both parties would have looked down their noses at women who were neither white nor rich who ha babies out of wedlock? It was a way for the speakers, the so-called elites to make themselves feel superior.

It seems to be the custom now for couples to have a baby and then marry. I am not condemning that "practice" per se. I am condemning the hypocrisy.

A short generation ago, a teenaged girl "in the family way" would have sent all the aunts up in arms.

Now, a few days after the (what ever sort of) rally glenn beck staged during which he defamed the Bible and American history, thoughts of the palin family gypsy road show surfaced.

If America is going to hell in a handbasket (I first heard it as a handcart, but never mind), then glenn beck is carrying the basket and sarah palin is helping him with the load.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 09:51 pm
@okie,
It just came out in so many psychopathic ways as he lead our country into two wars.