McCain is blowing his election chances.

okie

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2010 06:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
If these wars are not necessary as you claim, then get your president and your party to get us out of there pronto. Especially Iraq, where Obama has repeatedly and consistently said it was merely a diversion, an unjust war, a war invented by Bush, and a waste of time. Biden also said that repeatedly. If they really believed it, then they should have ordered all troops out of there the day they were inaugurated, and they still can do that today, just order the troops to leave immediately.
JTT

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2010 03:30 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Especially Iraq, where Obama has repeatedly and consistently said it was merely a diversion, TRUE an unjust war, TRUE a war invented by Bush, TRUE and a waste of time TRUE BUT INCONSEQUENTIAL. .

YOU FORGOT THE HUNDRED THOUSAND OR SO INNOCENTS WHO DIED BECAUSE OF THE LIES, THE TREACHERY, THE DEPRAVITY THAT WAS BUSH ET AL, BUT YOU, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO WHINE AND KVETCH ABOUT 9/11.
okie

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:25 pm
@JTT,
Hey - Earth to JTT. If these wars are killing innocents, and only a waste of time and diversion in Iraq as Obama claimed during the campaign, Obama is nearing 2 years of failing to pull the troops out to quit the waste of time, diversions, and killing of innocents. It is your man that you need to talk to, not us here on this forum.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 08:54 pm
Whoever this Chance is that McCain is blowing, I would think he is very happy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:15 am
Looks like McCain will not beat Obama for sure.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:06 am
@okie,
okie, GW Bush started those wars. You can't even remember your short-term history.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:09 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Looks like McCain will not beat Obama for sure.

LOL

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:14 am
@Cycloptichorn,
McCain lost it when he continued to change his policies during the 2008 campaign in order to agree with polls. He's not a reliable candidate; too wishy-washy.
okie

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

McCain lost it when he continued to change his policies during the 2008 campaign in order to agree with polls. He's not a reliable candidate; too wishy-washy.
How about a reliable president? It would be nice if we had one, wouldn't it?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:08 pm
@okie,
okie, Why can't you remember the simplest of facts; Obama has met most of his campaign promises. Please remember this, because my patience with you is expired. It's when you keep making stupid statements that will be challenged. You never learn.
okie

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You must live in a different world than reality, ci. Obama has broken numerous promises. The information is readily available. Here is but a couple of links to start your education.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-broken/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/obamas-promises/

Just for clarification, I hope he doesn't keep some of his promises anyway.
djjd62

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm
McCain is blowing his election chances.

what again

he needs to take a page out of charlie Sheens book

winning Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:34 pm
@okie,
okie, There's been a huge change since I looked at any Obama-meter on his campaign promises. I stand corrected, since my "current" research shows the same results.
okie

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
okie, There's been a huge change since I looked at any Obama-meter on his campaign promises. I stand corrected, since my "current" research shows the same results.
Wow!!! Compliments to you, ci, for your honesty.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:40 pm
@okie,
No compliments needed; especially from you. I'm only human, and can admit to mistakes when I see them - unlike you!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 05:15 pm
@okie,
He didn't keep 38 out of over 514 promises?

ROFLMAO.. hell okie, you don't keep half your promises but you want to blame Obama for not keeping less 8% of his in a political environment where others have to vote on it to happen?
okie

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:14 pm
@parados,
514 promises? That should be a red flag in itself, that the guy was promising one or two new promises apparently almost every day of the last year of the campaign. I doubt he even remembers half of them, let alone having any intent of keeping them.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:45 pm
@okie,
McCain? Reliable? The way he cheated on his ex-wife just because she lost her beauty. You have a strange definition for reliability.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 10:06 pm
@okie,
okie, You shouldn't be talking about other's memory; your's is one of the worst of any of my acquaintances on a2k. You've been called up on more than anybody else, and you have the chutzpah to talk about other people's memory? ROFLAMO
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:33 am
Wasn't sure where to put this, as McCain wasn't alone in trying to slip this rather chilling bill through the channels.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/senators-demand-military-lock-american-citizens-battlefield-they-define-being/

Quote:

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window

While nearly all Americans head to family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving, the Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States itself.

Tell me this is a bit of a joke, right?