McCain is blowing his election chances.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:04 am
@Builder,
I doubt it's a joke; our country is going down in a hand basket, because our citizens are too stupid to keep the members of congress who continue to destroy this country.
Builder

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 05:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well, I put it back up again, seeing as how your post sent it to the last page. Hope you don't mind.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/senators-demand-military-lock-american-citizens-battlefield-they-define-being/

Quote:

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window

While nearly all Americans head to family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving, the Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States itself.

Tell me this is a bit of a joke, right?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:52 am
@Builder,
The republicans are supposed to be the party of "less government intrusion into private lives," but they've long sacrificed that meme to their stupid politics. They continue to pursue right to live and discrimination against gays.

They know not what they do; they are destroying our freedoms and equality for all citizens.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Looks like McCain will not beat Obama for sure.

LOL

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 06:29 pm
@Builder,
I don't mind at all; it's that Americans are totally ignorant about our own government, and who voters choose to elect as their representatives - even when they themselves rate them at 10% approval rating.

There's no cure ........
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 01:27 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:

This race is Obama's to lose. It would have been any democrat's race to lose IMO.

Reading this thread from '08 I find the discussion very interesting. Too bad I wasn't around at the time.

One of the reasons Obama won so easily, imo, is because of the Republican George W Bush's miserable two term administration which got us into two wars, one of which was totally unnecessary (Iraq) and Afghanistan, neither war paid for. We were losing jobs by the miles and entering the worse recession in a very long time. Bush II made us think outside the box, and Obama seemed like such a fresh new beginning that he won handsomely. College age students voted for him, Latinos voted for him, Asians, Gays, moderates, Independents, Liberals, and African Americans, the latter overwhelmingly, even those black Americans who seldom vote. The only factions voting against him were older whites, conservative whites, those whites who felt the mantle of the presidency of the US belonged exclusively to the white man. Fundamentalists religious folk voted against Obama as did white people in West Virginia.

It is fair to say though, that ANYONE NOT A REPUBLICAN WOULD HAVE WON! Obama's race made quite a heart-moving difference in the African American community, a group that has historically been made to feel second class citizenship, because of pride in one of their own, similar to John F. Kennedy when the Catholics got one of their own in power, like the Irish who celebrated. There is nothing wrong with each ethnic group displaying pride that one of their own have achieved so much.

Since Obama has been in office, race has often reared its ugly head, especially among the teaparty, southern whites, although in the north racism is more subtle with emphasis more on money than social class. The extreme opposition to Obama at this time is due to opposition to an African American holding this high-ranking seat of authority and obstructionism is in plain sight; Obama might have had a far better economy if the Republicans would pass a jobs bill instead of trying daily to make this man look impotent.

PS In the finality, McCain's pick for vice prez was a monumental mistake because in the end Sarah Palin ended up hurting his campaign and he lost with an even larger margin because of her.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 01:50 am
@Moment-in-Time,
You know what they say about "better to stay silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Sara Palin in a nut shell.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 02:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Americans are totally ignorant about our own government, and who voters choose to elect as their representatives - even when they themselves rate them at 10% approval rating.

People tend to have short memories, but not only that, many Americans hold down two jobs and don't possess the time to actually follow closely what is happening in the political world. There was a reporter on the streets of New York a few days ago asking spectators if they knew about the civil war in Syria, and if they knew who Hosi Mubarak was, and sundry questions dealing with current events in the world, and the number of people unaware was shocking at simple questions. People seem to be to stressed out regarding situations closer to home. What I find distressing are those people with missing teeth, staggeringly high levels of obesity, who obviously are quite destitute, saying I hate ObamaCare, yet when free clinics are opened every now and then across the nation, particularly out west and down south, the number of people standing on line just to get examined for free, is astonishing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 02:52 am
@Moment-in-Time,
It seems they've been brainwashed to listen to all the lies, and don't remember any of the facts that is also shared by the media. There are so many of them, it makes one wonder why they are so lazy about their own country's politics that affects them directly.

The younger generation needs to get more involved; they're the ones who end up paying more interest on their college loans, and suffer health issues without ObamaCare. Many families go bankrupt because of medical bills; why this isn't as important as paying a little bit more for insurance doesn't make any sense. Good health is the most precious thing we own; it's not money or a mansion.

0 Replies

Pastorpete

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 11:58 pm
@McGentrix,
McCain is an embarrassment to the Republicans and himself! Why would he embrace someone like C. Schumer and his ilk? Go home and play golf!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 09:09 am
Every time I see this thread come up, I become more and more convinced that McCain really is blowing his election chances.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:55 pm
@joefromchicago,
You and me both.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:30 pm
There's always 2016 and 2020.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:45 pm
Johnny McCain is a nice guy but a bit too old at 77 to be Pres.
He ran before and was licked by Obama
JTT

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 10:07 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Johnny McCain is a nice guy

War criminals/terrorists are not nice guys.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:12 am
Quote:
JTT said: War criminals/terrorists are not nice guys.

South Vietnam asked America to help resist invasion from North Vietnam, so McCain put his life on the line to fly bombing missions.
Seems like the real war criminals were the commie invaders who started the war.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:37 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Wrong! The Vietnam war started on false charges about the Gulf of Tonkin. Read the book by Daniel Ellsberg who had inside information on how and why the war started.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 12:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Johnny McCain is a nice guy but a bit too old at 77 to be Pres.
He ran before and was licked by Obama

I'm sure there's a place for slashfic on this site, but this thread ain't it.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 12:27 pm
Charlie came looking for trouble and McCain gave it him..Smile

Charlie vs US air
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Photos/CharlievUSAF.jpg

US air vs Charlie
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Photos/F-4-bomb.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 12:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
And Charlie Foxtrot posted those photos.
0 Replies