McCain is blowing his election chances.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:22 am
DrewDad wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
piss off drew. did someone named quinney screw your wife or something?

You're the one that wanted us to explain things the way we would to a four-year-old.

Is I being too mean? Did I hurt you're widdle feewings?

is that how you talk to 4 year olds? Patronizingly and condescendingly?

more's the pity.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:22 am
This could help McCain.

He is going to the Buffalo Chip...

http://sturgismotorcyclerally.com/rally-news/index.php?action=ReadMoreNews&newsid=19
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:23 am
Yes, Kerry was not pro-active enough, IMO.

I haven't really heard a clear message from McCain, and I find his record on women's issues to be appalling.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:24 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

It's how I talk to adults that act like four-year-olds.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:25 am
DrewDad wrote:
Lash wrote:
I guess most people see Obama and Hillary so close in their views that it does make one wonder how someone could heartily support Hillary and not transfer that support easily to Obama...unless race is a factor.

I thought Bear had made it clear via his other posts that race is a factor.

of course it's a factor..... both with those who denigrate and support him..... did you think race wouldn't be a factor with the first viable black candidate in American History.... or had Hillary won did you think gender would not be an factor?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:26 am
Bear--

Race is a factor in your decision not to support him?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
(feels goofy asking...someone's Glitterbaggin me...)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:28 am
DrewDad wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

It's how I talk to adults that act like four-year-olds.

Really? What I do with adults like that... or with anyone I find distasteful is just ignore them unless they address me directly. You should try it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:29 am
Lash wrote:
Bear--

Race is a factor in your decision not to support him?

no, and nowhere have I ever stated anything like that lash, as you should damn well know.

But because it's not a deciding factor for me doesn't mean I don't recognize that it exists. Just because I'm willing to say it out loud doesn't mean it reflects my personal beliefs or actions.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:31 am
Just saw this -- yikes. During the latest campaign shakeup, a lot of Rove people joined the McCain campaign and there was speculation about what that would mean. I don't know if this is about the Rove people or what, but it's very much the sort of muddled, weird Obama-bashing McGentrix is talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXYsw_ZDXg

Comparing Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears? OK...

Obama response:

Quote:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:32 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
just ignore them unless they address me directly. You should try it.

Physician, heal thyself.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:34 am
show me an example of where I've personally attacked someone since I took two weeks off and then returned.

Not answered in kind.... but initiated a personal attack. You can't.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:35 am
Quote:
between Obama's plan to provide tax rebates to American families while creating a renewable energy economy in America that frees us from our dependence on foreign oil, and Senator McCain's plan to continue the same failed energy policies by handing out nearly $4 billion in tax breaks to oil companies while investing almost nothing in the new energy sources that represent our future."

This is a steaming load of BS. Promise them cake and feed them pig **** seems to be the message of the day from the Obama camp. There is no way that he could ever live up to that crap.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:37 am
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:
between Obama's plan to provide tax rebates to American families while creating a renewable energy economy in America that frees us from our dependence on foreign oil, and Senator McCain's plan to continue the same failed energy policies by handing out nearly $4 billion in tax breaks to oil companies while investing almost nothing in the new energy sources that represent our future."

This is a steaming load of BS. Promise them cake and feed them pig **** seems to be the message of the day from the Obama camp. There is no way that he could ever live up to that crap.

Nice assertion, but the fact is that these are the plans which have been presented.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Lash wrote:
I guess most people see Obama and Hillary so close in their views that it does make one wonder how someone could heartily support Hillary and not transfer that support easily to Obama...unless race is a factor.

I thought Bear had made it clear via his other posts that race is a factor.

of course it's a factor..... both with those who denigrate and support him..... did you think race wouldn't be a factor with the first viable black candidate in American History.... or had Hillary won did you think gender would not be an factor?

This is where I was puzzled. I initially questioned why a Hillary supporter couldn't easily turn that support toward Obama---and then, between DrewDad's and your responses, I guess you can see how I could be confused.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:40 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:

Nice assertion, but the fact is that these are the plans which have been presented.

Cycloptichorn

With no details of how to carry them out or idea how to even begin. At least McCain deals in the present with an eye on the future. Solving today's problems before worrying about tomorrows. Obama is an idealist, McCain a realist. Obama's plan as stated here is doomed for failure.

Also, this constant whir in the background about "the same failed energy policies"... exactly what failed energy policies are they referring to?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
since I took two weeks off and then returned.

Your reputation cannot be whitewashed in a mere two weeks. Inconvenient, that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:43 am
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

With no details of how to carry them out or idea how to even begin. At least McCain deals in the present with an eye on the future. Solving today's problems before worrying about tomorrows. Obama is an idealist, McCain a realist. Obama's plan as stated here is doomed for failure.

Also, this constant whir in the background about "the same failed energy policies"... exactly what failed energy policies are they referring to?

The policies which have led to our current energy crisis, obviously. The Bush-McCain policies. The ones where renewable energy gets almost no money spent on it, while big oil gets big tax breaks and investments.

I would point out that McCain's economic plans have no relation whatsoever to McCain's claims of what his economic plan does; it's another message control problem.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:44 am
Quote:
between Obama's plan to provide tax rebates to American families while creating a renewable energy economy in America that frees us from our dependence on foreign oil

Tax Rebates??
I thought the dems were opposed to tax rebates?
After all,even the wealthy pay energy taxes, so they will get the rebate also, correct?

And exactly what is a "renewable energy economy"?
How does he propose to do that?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:46 am
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
between Obama's plan to provide tax rebates to American families while creating a renewable energy economy in America that frees us from our dependence on foreign oil

Tax Rebates??
I thought the dems were opposed to tax rebates?
After all,even the wealthy pay energy taxes, so they will get the rebate also, correct?

Why not? If it means they are putting wind and solar units on their house, why not give them a rebate?

Quote:
And exactly what is a "renewable energy economy"?
How does he propose to do that?

It's an economy which is not based upon oil, but upon domestic energy production from renewable sources. We achieve that by spending the money to make it happen, instead of frittering it away on wars over oil.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies