McCain is blowing his election chances.

okie

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:04 am
@JTT,
All of your accusations about Bush, as you usually do, are fictitious. The concerns about the governor in Illinois and the Senate seat are real, and likely are in fact criminal. That is why almost everyone is calling for the governor to give it up, but instead he has hired a slick defense lawyer.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:21 pm
@JTT,
What war crimes has he been convicted of, what felonies has he been convicted of?

Dont just give your opinion, back it up with convictions or indictments by a CREDIBLE SOURCE.
What "controlling legal authority" has accused him, indicted him, tried him, or convicted him?
parados

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:43 pm
@okie,
Quote:
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty. I do think he has already tried to mislead us in regard to his involvement with the governor, so that raises a red flag, although you don't seem to care.

We know what you think okie. You have made up your mind, evidence be damned.

He was asked what he knew about Blago selling the seat. He responded that he hasn't had contact about it so knows nothing. You think that means he is guilty. You think you get to make up whatever the hell you want as long as it means he is guilty. I have said I won't use your standard. You have convinced yourself that Obama is guilty of bribery. I see no evidence of it.

Wow.. and then you brought up Clinton. Rolling Eyes
We all remember how he was found "NOT GUILTY". Except you don't remember it that way, do you okie? You live in your own fantasy world.
parados

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:47 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
What war crimes has he been convicted of, what felonies has he been convicted of

What crimes or felonies have Blagovich been convicted of MM? The lack of conviction doesn't seem to stop you from accusations about him, does it?

Couldn't you guys think before you make such stupid statements? Yes, Bush hasn't been indicted but why did you start your statement with requiring convictions from JTT?

MM, would you be so kind as to apply the same standard to yourself and okie when it comes to Obama? When was Obama indicted? We do know that Libby was indicted and convicted so simply being associated with someone doesn't make Obama guilty unless you want Bush to be guilty by association.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:54 am
@parados,
Would you be so kind as to show even 1 post from me where I ever said Obama was guilty of anything?
If I have said it, it should be real easy for you to find.

Also, please show where I ever said Blago had been convicted of any crimes.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 12:26 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
You have convinced yourself that Obama is guilty of bribery. I see no evidence of it.

If you can find anywhere in any of my posts where I said that, be my guest, Parados. Otherwise, kindly quit making stuff up, okay?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 12:29 am
@okie,
"Otherwise, kindly quit making stuff up, okay"

God forbid we start making **** up now, Okie...

(loook's back at Okie posts)

Shocked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 08:17 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty. I do think he has already tried to mislead us in regard to his involvement with the governor, so that raises a red flag, although you don't seem to care. I actually doubt Obama offered anything to the governor, but there is some possibility that he may have told the governor through his assistant that he should just suck it up for a couple of years, and then maybe he could be given something down the road? Or he could have heard the governors demands of bribery and he refused, but did not report it to the authorities. Both of those possibilities would not be good for Obama. Or Obama simply might have told the governor no, and maybe his team helped tip off the authorities, that is a possibility. We hope to know all of that, but remember what we are talking about here, its bribery, Parados. Can you handle that? I will be here to hold you accountable, if you can handle it, if Obama turns out to be telling less than the truth or has been involved in any way whatsoever. Somehow I don't think you will ever admit anything for the good of the country. You didn't with Clinton, so why should it be different now?

Looks to me like you are convincing yourself he is guilty of bribery. Your argument just isn't flying for me. I love the part about the "good of the country". It makes it seem like you are doing this out of patriotism rather than partisan bull ****. But then you think your partisan bull **** IS patriotism.
okie

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 10:50 am
@parados,
Admit it, you made it up, Parados. What you bolded in the statement had to do with what the governor was apparently trying to do. I think there is enough information from the tapes that most people believe the governor was trying to obtain political favors, bribes, whatever you wish to label it.

Also, do you know the difference between suspicion and believing something? I admit to being suspicious that Obama is not being totally honest, and we already know he was less than open about the communications. But I have not asserted Obama is guilty of anything, except that he has I believe misled us and is less than open about the communications with governor. But I don't look for you to retract your statement, as you would rather twist what I have said about this.
parados

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 05:45 pm
@okie,
So then what pray tell do you mean by this okie?
Quote:
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty...

but remember what we are talking about here, its bribery,

Bribery is the only crime you list. What might Obama be guilty of in your statement? Your paragraph starts with talking about Obama's guilt. There is nothing in it to say you are only talking about the governor.
okie

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:01 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

So then what pray tell do you mean by this okie?
Quote:
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty...

but remember what we are talking about here, its bribery,

Bribery is the only crime you list. What might Obama be guilty of in your statement? Your paragraph starts with talking about Obama's guilt. There is nothing in it to say you are only talking about the governor.

Since you cannot seem to read and comprehend, I will post what I said again, Parados. Read it again.

Quote:
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty. I do think he has already tried to mislead us in regard to his involvement with the governor, so that raises a red flag, although you don't seem to care. I actually doubt Obama offered anything to the governor, but there is some possibility that he may have told the governor through his assistant that he should just suck it up for a couple of years, and then maybe he could be given something down the road? Or he could have heard the governors demands of bribery and he refused, but did not report it to the authorities. Both of those possibilities would not be good for Obama. Or Obama simply might have told the governor no, and maybe his team helped tip off the authorities, that is a possibility. We hope to know all of that, but remember what we are talking about here, its bribery, Parados. Can you handle that? I will be here to hold you accountable, if you can handle it, if Obama turns out to be telling less than the truth or has been involved in any way whatsoever. Somehow I don't think you will ever admit anything for the good of the country. You didn't with Clinton, so why should it be different now?

So read it several times, parados, and tell me where I said Obama was guilty of bribery, or even where I said bribery was the only thing I was talking about. Read it, Parados. What is your profession, anyway? Do you know how to read? I get the impression you are a lawyer, and I realize lawyers can make almost anything or anybody say anything they want them to say, so perhaps that is your problem?
parados

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:26 pm
@okie,
Quote:
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty.

What do you think Obama might be guilty of? You are talking about bribery after all.
okie

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:42 pm
@parados,
As explained in my quote, if you would read it, I think Obama may be guilty of misleading us in regard to what he knows about this. He may be guilty of being more aware of what the governor's game was, but may have chosen to ignore it or pretend he was not or is not aware of the game being played by the governor. As already explained, another possibility is that he may have not only been aware of the game being played but may have told the governor through his emmisaries or assistants that a possible reward could possibly be done down the road but not right now. Or as I said, he may have simply refused the governor, but even with that scenario he may have been aware of what the governor was attempting and chose not to report it. In that case, I do not know if Obama has a legal obligation to report it, he may not, but it is still an embarrassment if that is the case, given Obama's pledge of openness and a new kind of ethical behavior.

So the crime of bribery or political favors that was apparently being attempted here by the governor, we do not know if Obama has any guilt at all, from none at all, to that of being aware of it but not reporting it, to being aware and not agreeing to it now but possibly later, to playing the game or negotiating with the governor but a mutually agreeable deal was just not reached.

I find it interesting that I should have to explain all of this to you more than once for you to be able to grasp it, Parados. Again , what is your profession? Can you read?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:45 pm
@okie,
Okester, I heard that Mr Limbaugh's pet bird was in seriously ill health...

Mebbe you should look into a career move, you make a rather nice parrot.

(knot)

do you like crackers?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 02:30 pm
@okie,
Quote:

So the crime of bribery or political favors that was apparently being attempted here by the governor, we do not know if Obama has any guilt at all, from none at all, to that of being aware of it but not reporting it, to being aware and not agreeing to it now but possibly later, to playing the game or negotiating with the governor but a mutually agreeable deal was just not reached.

So which is it okie? You say it has nothing to do with bribery then trot out "guilt" in the same sentence you again use "bribery."

You are sure doing a lot of speculation on issues that the prosecutor says don't exist. Pigs could fly out your butt but that doesn't make it reasonable speculation.
okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 03:16 pm
@parados,
Learn how to read, Parados, and kindly quit accusing me of saying what I haven't said.

Again, I have asked you several times, are you a lawyer? Have you heard the joke about a guy that wanted to know which person to hire, an engineer, a geologist, and a lawyer, so to test their smarts, he asked them what is 2 + 2? The engineer said "4, absolutely 4, no other answer." The geologist said "somewhere between 3 and 5." The lawyer said "what do you want it to be?"

You fit the lawyer personality perfectly, Parados, you can conclude almost anything that you want something to conclude, or you can make what I say into whatever you want it to say. You would have made a perfect lawyer for Clinton, and perhaps you need to apply for a spot on Obama's staff? You could look out any day with the sun shining, and if you wanted to, you could prove to yourself that the sky was gray.
parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 03:29 pm
@okie,
I can read just fine okie.

okie wrote:
negotiating with the governor but a mutually agreeable deal was just not reached

Quote:
The FBI said in court papers that the governor was overheard conspiring to sell the Senate seat for campaign cash or lucrative jobs for himself or his wife,

What is the difference between the 2 statements okie? No deal is reached in either case but in one case the Governor is arrested for bribery.

Of course your statement leaves out something the prosecutor said about Obama NOT being involved. There is little doubt that you are accusing Obama of being involved in a bribery conspiracy in spite of facts to the contrary and in spite of your whining that you are doing no such thing. Your words speak for themselves in spite of your denials. What does negotiating an agreeable deal for a bribe mean to you okie?
okie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:30 pm
@parados,
You are becoming humorous, Parados. I used to think you could debate in a formidable manner, even if we didn't agree, but your cut and paste quoting of my posts is getting downright ridiculous. Get serious, Parados. I could also cut phrases from your posts and come up with whatever I wanted you to say.

You say there is little doubt that I am accusing Obama of being involved. I guess there is little doubt in your mind because you have yet to learn how to read. In fact I have said that I don't know, that he could be innocent, or he could be involved in simply having more knowledge than he admits, or who knows? I think you keep this up in the hopes of skewing anything I say, to incriminate me, but your problem is that I won't say anything incriminating because I honestly do not know. I am suspicious, but thats all, which I have told you over and over, and my suspicion is that he simply knows more than he admits or he may have put off the governor and turned him down for now, but I don't know, Parados. Do you?

By the way, you can't seem to answer some of my questions.
parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:42 pm
@okie,
Quote:
my suspicion is that he simply knows more than he admits or he may have put off the governor and turned him down for now, but I don't know, Parados. Do you?
Oh.. that's right you haven't decided anything.

My suspicion is you may need a lobotomy or may have had one but I don't know. (You will note that I didn't accuse you of anything with my statement if we follow your logic.)
old europe

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:48 pm
@parados,
That's my suspicion as well. Not that okie ever said he's had a lobotomy, mind you. Then again, I once read about a guy who had a lobotomy, and guess what: he's been using a similar sentence structure as okie. Not all the time, of course. But maybe that's just because okie learned to hide his lobotomy better. Not that I'm saying he's had a lobotomy. In fact, if anybody would ask me whether or not okie had a lobotomy, I would probably tell them that I don't think so. I mean, suspicions remain. If you read between the lines, that's really similar to a guy who's had a lobotomy writing those posts. Which doesn't have to mean anything, of course. I'm just suspicious. And I, along with the rest of the posters on A2K, will follow his case closely.