McCain is blowing his election chances.

okie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:00 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

People elsewhere are getting worried. Even Biden is worried, and he has warned us that even Democrats may not like the decisions made by Obama. One of many issues, if McCain loses, look for a strike by Israel on Iran's nuclear facilities before the inauguration.

But, I thought you would applaud such an action.

Cycloptichorn

I just might applaud it if it is done right, but I would rather it not be necessary in a hurried fashion.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:03 am
@H2O MAN,
He who smelt it dealt it waterboy.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:04 am
@blueflame1,
You ride the short bus don't you?
blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
I ride the soul train sonny.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:17 pm
@blueflame1,

All the little kiddies do.
blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
@H2O MAN,
Well at least enough to sink McBushie and GW Palin.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:25 pm
Another reason why McCain was a failure. He stabs his own party in the back again, and common sense in the back, the guy is a contradiction to tell you the honest truth. Does he want to be liked that bad that he trashes common sense? He ran a lousy campaign, and the only reason he got the nomination is because too many candidates stayed in the field too long and fractured the anti-McCain part of the party. We still may have lost, but at least we would have had some intelligent leadership, a Fred Thompson or Romney would have been far better, or even Huckabee. The main stream press would have attempted to tear them apart, but they also did the same thing to McCain, contrary to what he thought they would do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/14/mccain-whacks-rnc-defends_n_150850.html

"John McCain sideswiped the Republican National Committee on Sunday for the intense focus it has placed on Barack Obama's relationship (however thin) to Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

Saying he was confident that information would be made public regarding the president-elect's contacts with the embattled Illinois governor -- who is accused of putting up Obama's vacant Senate seat to the highest bidder -- McCain urged his Republican colleagues to keep their political priorities in order.

"I think that the Obama campaign should and will give all information necessary," said the Arizona Republican. "You know, in all due respect to the Republican National Committee and anybody -- right now, I think we should try to be working constructively together, not only on an issue such as this, but on the economy stimulus package, reforms that are necessary. And so, I don't know all the details of the relationship between President-elect Obama's campaign or his people and the governor of Illinois, but I have some confidence that all the information will come out. It always does, it seems to me.""
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:28 pm
@okie,
Okie, that is one of the reasons I still respect the man.

I guess it depends on which part of the rock one chooses to look at. (or dig under)

Has anyone told you lately your a Nidiot?

(kurious just one state away...)
okie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:00 pm
@Rockhead,
I like McCain okay, I think he is an honorable person and good guy, but this goes back a very long time, I have always thought he is pretty naive about all this reaching across the aisle baloney, campaign finance reform, just not very smart. I think compromise is essential, and where possible, work together, but to compromise basic principles, that pretty much has soured me on him. He tends to look at all issues in a vacuum, short term, not based upon foundational principles and unintentional consequences.

I have not said much about it, but the Sarah Palin pick was a non-starter, we didn't need that at the time, but that decision was typical of McCain, he could not stomach running with someone that had opposed him in the primary, he simply could not give up his maverick image, it had to be his presidential race, and only his, that was what that was about.

I voted for McCain. Yes, the McCain that ran is the same McCain of yesterday, and the same McCain of today, unpredictable, independent, somewhat defiant, and persists in criticizing his own party, even when his own party is obviously correct. The RNC is simply making the point that Obama ran on transparency, and he isn't living up to it, thats all, and then the former leader of the party stabs the RNC in the back. The man will never learn. If we survive 4 years, it perhaps might turn out well that McCain lost.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:03 pm
@okie,
Time will tell, but My gut tells me he was smarter than the Palin move without the guts to say so.

I like the old McCain, and I think he will support common sense again in the Congress, and in the GOP.

(common sense says Obama won for Good reason, btw)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 09:17 pm
McCain read the election results and noticed he lost. Probably to his relief if you ask me... Then, he stepped back into his Senator shoes and is back to being a rational human being. The Congress has a near Democratic Majority. The Republicans have enough people still to cause trouble, but that doesn't mean they have to. I want to see what the Democrats can do, or at least watch them self destruct...
okie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 09:45 pm
@McGentrix,
I think the conventional wisdom held among some conservatives that we should just lose this election, let the Democrats self destruct, then ride the pendulum in 2012 to some real meaningful reform back to sanity. I can go along with that except for some biggees. First, national security is a huge risk under Obama. Then there is the Supreme Court, those appointees by Obama will live forever. Then there are newly created bureaucracies that will never ever be eliminated, once instituted.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 09:47 pm
@okie,
much like W's legacy attempted and mostly thwarted???

his exit strategy is evil...

still kurious.
okie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 09:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead, I try not to get into calling names. I am here to express reasonable opinions. In regard to Bush, much to your consternation, apparently, and to that of the left in general, Bush will be remembered as a courageous and decent man, and not the dumb and evil man that you guys have tried to portray him in. Further, the historical legacy of the war, and Bush, is far from being determined, but it has a decent chance of turning out pretty well for him, again much to your consternation and frustration. I wish he had been a better communicator, and I wish he had run a much tighter ship domestically, cut spending, no prescription drug plan, less federal involvement in schools, and a better border policy, but at least the man earns respect in my opinion, something that Clinton failed miserably at. And Bush got a couple of decent Supreme Court justices appointed. Another thing that has come to my attention, Bush did more for Africa, fighting disease there, assisting, than virtually any president in memory, at least according to some reports I have seen. Bottom line, George and Laura Bush are two class individuals that loved this country and deserve respect and credit for their service.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 10:08 pm
@okie,
Okie, my friend, he has to pick.

Dumb or Evil.

It's a one or the other program...

*(and I'm not left)

i vote evil, btw...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:07 am
@okie,
Quote:
Another reason why McCain was a failure. He stabs his own party in the back again

It seems McCain is willing to put country first unlike those that supported him simply because of party.
okie

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 11:22 am
@parados,
So if it turns out Obama has been lying about the business in Chicago and Illinois, will you agree to put country first, Parados? Or will you put Obama first, the party first, as you did with Clinton? Just a question, I am not yet asserting Obama is guilty, but just a what if? How about it?
parados

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 11:01 am
@okie,
That is a mighty big "if" okie.

But lets for a moment assume you think Obama is guilty. That doesn't mean I have to live with your standard of evidence. If Obama is named as a co-conspirator or indicted then yes, country comes first. If okie wants to make up evidence then country still comes first and okie can blow it out his ass which he will do anyway.
okie

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 09:43 pm
@parados,
I don't know if Obama is guilty or to what extent he is guilty. I do think he has already tried to mislead us in regard to his involvement with the governor, so that raises a red flag, although you don't seem to care. I actually doubt Obama offered anything to the governor, but there is some possibility that he may have told the governor through his assistant that he should just suck it up for a couple of years, and then maybe he could be given something down the road? Or he could have heard the governors demands of bribery and he refused, but did not report it to the authorities. Both of those possibilities would not be good for Obama. Or Obama simply might have told the governor no, and maybe his team helped tip off the authorities, that is a possibility. We hope to know all of that, but remember what we are talking about here, its bribery, Parados. Can you handle that? I will be here to hold you accountable, if you can handle it, if Obama turns out to be telling less than the truth or has been involved in any way whatsoever. Somehow I don't think you will ever admit anything for the good of the country. You didn't with Clinton, so why should it be different now?
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 10:07 pm
@okie,
Quote:
So if it turns out Obama has been lying about the business in Chicago and Illinois, will you agree to put country first, Parados? Or will you put Obama first, the party first, as you did with Clinton? Just a question, I am not yet asserting Obama is guilty, but just a what if? How about it?

This is farcical. There's a sitting president who is a war criminal, a US felon, a liar of epic proportions and Okie wants to talk about some whimsical theories.

jaysus H ******* keeeeeerist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!