McCain is blowing his election chances.

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:10 pm
McCain camp hits up Russian envoy

On a day on which McCain campaign manager Rick Davis hinted that Obama was taking foreign money, the Russian Mission to the United Nations has released a standard-issue fundraising letter gone a bit astray: It was addressed to the Russian envoy to the U.N., Vitaly Churkin, at the mission's address, but without his title.

As the Russian newswire RIA-Novosti tells it:

Russia's permanent mission to the UN has received a letter from U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain asking for financial support of his election campaign, the mission said in a statement on Monday.

"We have received a letter from Senator John McCain with a request for a financial donation to his presidential election campaign. In this respect we have to reiterate that neither Russia's permanent mission to the UN nor the Russian government or its officials finance political activities in foreign countries," the statement said.

According to Ruslan Bakhtin, press secretary of the Russian mission, the letter dated September 29 and signed by McCain, was addressed to Vitaly Churkin, Russia's envoy to the UN, and arrived on October 16.

The ambassador's title was not included in the letter, and was not clear why the letter had taken over two weeks to arrive.

Enclosed was a request for a donation of up to $5,000 to McCain's election campaign to be returned with a check or permission to withdraw the money from the donor's credit card until October 24.

Bakhtin confirmed the story to Politico, and wouldn't comment on the added oddity of the error coming from the anti-Russian McCain. "We just find it amusing," he said.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/McCain_camp_hits_up_Russian_ambassador.html?showall
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:23 pm
@blueflame1,
McCain already blew it; it's a shame more Americans don't realize what McCain/Palin represents for our country.
blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes. But as the Russian guy said, "We just find it amusing."
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:23 pm
@blueflame1,
They find it "amusing," because they have oil. They were suffering big time only one decade ago.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 01:13 pm
McCain Dragging Down GOP House Races (SLIDESHOW)

From CNN.

Chris Shays of Connecticut, the last Republican in the House of Representatives from New England, is used to running against the partisan tide. But this year, the wave might be too high for the Republican congressman to overcome.

Shays is just one of many GOP candidates trying to win by outperforming Sen. John McCain's underwhelming performance in congressional districts nationwide.
Read more from CNN.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/21/mccain-dragging-down-gop_n_136584.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 01:53 pm
@blueflame1,
Chris Matthews doesn't know how to ask the right questions; he's a dork. He lets that congresswoman keep repeating the same things, and Matthews just sits there without questioning why Ayers has been recognized by both republicans and democrats, and many republicans befriends Ayers.

Matthews is a big disappointment. He tries to cut in and talks at the same time, but doesn't know how to control the person he interviews by just saying, "you've already said that!"
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 08:35 pm
@blueflame1,
I was just going to post this but I see BF has beaten me to it.

McCain and Bush each represent an Everest-high dung heaps. Together, they've created such a double whammy of inepitude that these Repub representatives will never be able to overcome.

JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:55 pm
@JTT,
This man is big D delusional.

Quote:
McCain: You ‘can’t name a single issue’ I’ve flip-flopped on since 2000.»

During an interview this afternoon with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), a reporter from local Washington, D.C. area CBS affiliate told McCain that some “commentators” and even some “personal friends” have asked, “Where is the John McCain from 2000?” The reporter then asked, “Did that guy go away? Has something changed?” But McCain took issue with the premise of the reporter’s question, claiming that nothing has changed since 2000:

MCCAIN: You’ll have to tell me what’s changed. I love it when they say, “Oh McCain has changed.” And I say, “What have I changed on?” They can’t name a single issue or they’ll name an issue and its false. I’m the same guy. I’m proud of our campaign.

Watch him say it at,

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/22/mccain-flipflop-2000/

John McCain’s 44 Flip-Flops

FOREIGN POLICY
* Attacking Terrorists In Pakistan
* Defense Spending
* Detention Of Detainees
* Divestment And Sanctions
* Donald Rumsfeld
* Henry Kissinger
* Illegal Wiretapping
* Law Of The Sea Convention
* Long-Term Troop Presence In Iraq
* Negotiations With Hamas
* Negotiations With Syria
* Normalization Of Relations With Cuba
* Nuclear Reactors
* Nuclear Waste Storage At Yucca Mountain
* Rogue State Rollback
* Torture
* 21st Century GI Bill

ENVIRONMENT/ENERGY
* Ethanol
* Everglades Restoration
* Offshore Drilling

ETHICS
* Criticizing The Media
* Katrina Investigations
* Lobbyists
* The Wyly Brothers

ECONOMY
* AIG Bailout
* Americans Live Better Under Bush
* Balancing The Budget
* Bush Tax Cuts
* Earmarks For Arizona
* Fairness Of The Estate Tax
* Job Losses In Michigan
* Social Security Privatization
* Tobacco Industry Regulations
* Windfall Profits Tax

IMMIGRATION
* The Dream Act
* Comprehensive Immigration Reform

RADICAL RIGHT
* The Confederate Flag
* Jerry Falwell And The Religious Right
* The NRA
* Teaching Intelligent Design

CIVIL RIGHTS
* Gay Marriage Amendment

HEALTH CARE
* Abortion Exceptions
* Repealing Roe v. Wade
* Taxpayer Funding For Contraception In Africa

All are hot linked at,

http://thinkprogress.org/mccain-flip-flops/

0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 05:12 pm
Reagan Appointee and (Recent) McCain Adviser Charles Fried Supports Obama

Charles Fried, a professor at Harvard Law School, has long been one of the most important conservative thinkers in the United States. Under President Reagan, he served, with great distinction, as Solicitor General of the United States. Since then, he has been prominently associated with several Republican leaders and candidates, most recently John McCain, for whom he expressed his enthusiastic support in January.

This week, Fried announced that he has voted for Obama-Biden by absentee ballot. In his letter to Trevor Potter, the General Counsel to the McCain-Palin campaign, he asked that his name be removed from the several campaign-related committees on which he serves. In that letter, he said that chief among the reasons for his decision "is the choice of Sarah Palin at a time of deep national crisis."

Fried is exceptionally thoughtful and principled; his vote for Obama is especially noteworthy.

--Cass. R. Sunstein

UPDATE: Fried writes to TNR: I admire Senator McCain and was glad to help in his campaign, and to be listed as doing so; but when I concluded that I must vote for Obama for the reason stated in my letter, I felt it wrong to appear to be recommending to others a vote that I was not prepared to cast myself. So it was more of an erasure than a public affirmation--although obviously my vote meant that I thought that Obama was preferable to McCain-Palin. I do not consider abstention a proper option.
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/10/24/reagan-appointee-and-recent-mccain-adviser-charles-fried-supports-obama.aspx
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:16 am
Dozens Of Call Center Workers Walk Off Job In Protest Rather Than Read McCain Script Attacking Obama
By Greg Sargent - October 27, 2008, 5:18PM
Some three dozen workers at a telemarketing call center in Indiana walked off the job rather than read an incendiary McCain campaign script attacking Barack Obama, according to two workers at the center and one of their parents.

Nina Williams, a stay-at-home mom in Lake County, Indiana, tells us that her daughter recently called her from her job at the center, upset that she had been asked to read a script attacking Obama for being "dangerously weak on crime," "coddling criminals," and for voting against "protecting children from danger."

Williams' daughter told her that up to 40 of her co-workers had refused to read the script, and had left the call center after supervisors told them that they would have to either read the call or leave, Williams says. The call center is called Americall, and it's located in Hobart, IN.

"They walked out," Williams says of her daughter and her co-workers, adding that they weren't fired but willingly sacrificed pay rather than read the lines. "They were told [by supervisors], `If you all leave, you're not gonna get paid for the rest of the day."

The daughter, who wanted her name withheld fearing retribution from her employer, confirmed the story to us. "It was like at least 40 people," the daughter said. "People thought the script was nasty and they didn't wanna read it."

A second worker at the call center confirmed the episode, saying that "at least 30" workers had walked out after refusing to read the script.

"We were asked to read something saying [Obama and Democrats] were against protecting children from danger," this worker said. "I wouldn't do it. A lot of people left. They thought it was disgusting."

This worker, too, confirmed sacrificing pay to walk out, saying her supervisor told her: "If you don't wanna phone it you can just go home for the day."

The script coincided with this robo-slime call running in other states, but because robocalling is illegal in Indiana it was being read by call center workers.

Representatives at Americall in Indiana, and at the company's corporate headquarters in Naperville, Illinois, didn't return calls for comment.
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/dozens_of_call_center_workers.php
nimh

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 08:59 am
@blueflame1,
Right on!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:53 am
PNAC rears it's ugly head again.............. and again
Hell to Pay
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081030_hell_to_pay/ "Obviously, to carry out the PNAC vision, Bush’s successor would have to be dedicated to the vision. This individual could not, as did Bill Clinton, present a conflicting ideology. Currently, the only candidate who appears to satisfy this requirement is John McCain"who, as mentioned, was a principal founder of PNAC. In addition, his campaign advisers and likely members of a McCain administration largely consist of former PNAC officials and signatories, including William Kristol, Robert Kagan, Randy Scheunemann, James Woolsey, John R. Bolton, Robert B. Zollick, Gary Schmitt, Richard Armitage, Max Boot and Michael Goldfarb.

There are two important considerations. First, the Bush/PNAC administration has a decade of planning and implementation at stake on the upcoming election. Second, a McCain presidency would assuredly mean another four years of militaristic Bush/PNAC policies."
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:37 am
@blueflame1,

Electing Obama will blow any chance this country has to improve it's standing in the world.
okie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 09:40 am
@H2O MAN,
People elsewhere are getting worried. Even Biden is worried, and he has warned us that even Democrats may not like the decisions made by Obama. One of many issues, if McCain loses, look for a strike by Israel on Iran's nuclear facilities before the inauguration.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:01 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

People elsewhere are getting worried. Even Biden is worried, and he has warned us that even Democrats may not like the decisions made by Obama. One of many issues, if McCain loses, look for a strike by Israel on Iran's nuclear facilities before the inauguration.

But, I thought you would applaud such an action.

Cycloptichorn
blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:20 am
@H2O MAN,
Just because you pontificate dont mean ir's true. Bushie brought great disrespect to America. The world will rejoice when Obama is elected and denial of that is silly. Obama has respect for the rest of the world where the Bushie axis showed contempt. That respect of Obama's will yield positive results. That's my pontification and time will tell which comes true. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/17/uselections2008-barackobama1
blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:22 am
AZ-Pres: Neck and neck, and check out 2010
by kos
Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 08:48:17 AM PDT
Research 2000 for Daily Kos. 10/28-30. Likely voters. MoE 4% (No trend lines)

McCain (R) 48
Obama (D) 47

Early voters (17 percent of sample)

McCain (R) 42
Obama (D) 54

I can't believe we may actually win Arizona. And I have a bonus treat for you guys:

If the 2010 election for U.S. Senate were held today for whom would you vote for if the choices were between Janet Napolitano the Democrat and John McCain the Republican?

McCain (R) 45
Napolitano (D) 53

Janet Napolitano is Arizona's governor, currently serving her second term. Her favorability rating of 67-29 is higher than Palin's, which is 65-35 in a poll we'll be releasing in a few hours. Napolitano's job approval rating of 69-21 similarly beats Palin's 61-37. Palin may be giving the Rick Lowrys of the world starbursts, but Napolitano is wowing them with competent governance, and it looks like Arizonans wouldn't mind sending her to Washington instead of McCain.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/31/11279/222/947/647893
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:44 am
@blueflame1,

Why not?

It works for Obama and liberals.
They repeat lies over and over and suddenly the dumbmasses accept the lies without question.
blueflame1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:52 am
@H2O MAN,
"They repeat lies over and over and suddenly the dumbmasses accept the lies without question." You're projecting again. You found that WMD yet?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:57 am
@blueflame1,

It's the liberals that are projectile vomiting all over the dumbmasses... go clean yourself up - you're beginning to smell.