McCain is blowing his election chances.

blueflame1

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 12:14 pm
McWhine, McCain says Obama lead growing because ‘life isn’t fair’
Posted: 01:02 PM ET
(CNN) " Sen. John McCain said Thursday that Sen. Barack Obama’s poll numbers are rising as the economy seems to sink “because life isn’t fair.”

“He certainly did nothing for the first few days,” McCain said Thursday on Fox News. “I suspended my campaign, took our ads down, came back to Washington, met with the House folks and got on the phone, and also had face-to-face meetings.”

New CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corp. polls of several key battleground states, released Wednesday, found Obama has made gains across the board " either taking statistically significant leads or erasing McCain advantages " over the past few weeks. And since the financial crisis began in mid-September, Obama has taken and held a lead over McCain in the national CNN poll of polls.

Obama joined McCain in Washington for a meeting with congressional leaders convened by the president. He said afterward was concerned “that when you start interjecting presidential politics into delicate negotiations, you could actually create more problems than less.”
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 12:15 pm
@blueflame1,
McCain continues his lies, and his poll numbers still hasn't reflected it. Wonder of wonders.

Maybe Bush will allow some terrorists to destroy San Francisco to inflate McCain's chances again.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:11 pm
Begala: McCain sat on board of racist group by David Edwards and Andrew McLemore
Published: Sunday October 5, 2008

NBC's Tom Brokaw talked to Paul Begala about how the McCain campaign is attacking Barack Obama's association with William Ayers, who was a member of the Weather Underground.

Brokaw played a clip of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin criticizing Obama's connection to Ayers by referencing a New York Times article published on the subject.

"It turns out one of his earlier supporters is a man who, according to The New York Times, is a domestic terrorist," Palin said.

After pointing out that Obama was eight years old when Ayers' planned the attacks, Begala believes "guilt by association" attacks are dangerous territory for McCain.

Begala said, "This guilt by association path is going to be trouble ultimately for the McCain campaign. You can go back -- I have written a book about the candidate. A dozen researchers go through him. I didn't even put this in the book. John McCain sat on a baord.

"It was the U.S. Council for World Freedom. It was chaired by a guy named John Singlaub who wound up involved in the Iran Contra scandal. It was an ultra conservative right-wing group.

"The Anti-Defamation League, in 1981 when McCain was on the board, said this about this organization. It was affiliated with the World Anti-Communist League, the parent organization which ADL said had increasingly become a gathering place, a forum, a point of contact for extremists, racist and anti-Semites."

This video is from NBC's Meet the Press, broadcast October 5, 2008.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Begala_Mc ... _1005.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:20 pm
@blueflame1,
blueflame, Another link that doesn't work. Sad

This one worked, but I can't find the link to your story: http://www.rawstory.com/news/
blueflame1

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Begala_McCain_sat_on_board_of_1005.html I think there's a connection to the 2 artivles. "McCain's Brother: VA Suburbs "Communist Country"
STEPHEN OHLEMACHER | October 5, 2008 01:21 PM EST |

WASHINGTON " Republican presidential candidate John McCain's brother made an apparent joke at a campaign rally this weekend that might not play well in parts of newly competitive Virginia.

Joe McCain, speaking at an event in support of his brother, called two Democratic-leaning areas in Northern Virginia "communist country," according to a report on The Washington Post's Web site.

"I've lived here for at least 10 years and before that about every third duty I was in either Arlington or Alexandria, up in communist country," Joe McCain, a Navy veteran, said at an event in Loudoun County, Va.

Joe McCain then apologized, but the remark drew laughter at the event, according to the report.

Virginia has long been a Republican stronghold in presidential elections, but Democrat Barack Obama is running even or ahead of McCain in recent state polls. Obama is being helped by fast-growing communities in the Washington, D.C., suburbs of Northern Virginia, which tend to vote more Democratic than other parts of the state.

One of those areas is Arlington, Va., where John McCain owns a condominium.

"This was Joe McCain's unsuccessful attempt at humor," said McCain campaign spokeswoman Gail Gitcho. "John McCain and Sarah Palin are committed to winning the support of voters in Northern Virginia and understand the region's importance to victory statewide."
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:41 pm
@blueflame1,
I hope it blows up in McCain's face. He deserves all of it.

Palin told Biden he's always "going backwards." But it's okay to say something untrue about Obama being connected to a terrorist; he was 8-years old, for crying out loud. They have no shame; none.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 03:40 pm
GOP insiders predicting Obama victory by Nick Juliano and David Edwards
Published: Friday October 10, 2008

With less than a month until Election Day, even Republicans are beginning to predict Barack Obama will become the 44th president.

Eight in 10 Republican insiders polled by National Journal said there is a "high" chance of an Obama victory. None said there is a "low" chance the Democratic candidate will win.

"I love my crazy uncle. I don't like anybody else's," one anonymous insider quipped to the magazine.

Other Republicans cited McCain's inability to connect with voters who are deeply worried about the tanking economy. Rather than engage in a straightforward debate contrasting his economic proposals with Obama's, McCain has decided to run a scorched earth campaign aimed solely at convincing voters that Obama is unacceptable because he previously crossed paths with '60s anti-war radical Bill Ayers.

There's little indication the strategy is working, despite the fiercely rabid crowds that are greeting McCain and Sarah Palin on the campaign trail. Republican consultant Michelle Laxalt was particularly critical of McCain's decision to employ Palin as an attack dog.

"They have send this young, naive -- very confident, perhaps in Alaska -- young woman out with the most incendiary talking points, the most dangerous racist talking points and I think they should be ashamed of themselves," Laxalt told CNN's Larry King Thursday night.

While Palin's accusation that Obama is "palling around with terrorists" may cause much frothing among the party's base, it hasn't stopped a slide in support that now has Obama up 11 points in the latest Gallup tracking poll.

The town hall debate earlier this week that was supposed to mark McCain's chances to turn things around has done anything but. Two-thirds of the 75 GOP insiders National Journal polled said Obama helped himself more following Tuesday's show down.

"Every time Obama is on the same stage with McCain he looks a little more presidential, a little more prepared for the job," one Republican said. "McCain's attack strategy made him look so small at a time when the issues are so big."

This video is from CNN's Larry King Live, broadcast October 9, 2008.
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/GOP_consu ... _1010.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 03:43 pm
@blueflame1,
McCain is his own worst enemy for the shrinking of his image.

Quote:
"Every time Obama is on the same stage with McCain he looks a little more presidential, a little more prepared for the job," one Republican said. "McCain's attack strategy made him look so small at a time when the issues are so big."
blueflame1

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 03:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
McCain reminded me of Carlo Gambino "clad in pajamas and bathrobe and mumbling incoherently" in the town hall debate. Maybe McCain will dress the part in the next debate.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 03:57 pm
@blueflame1,
blueflame1 wrote:
aimed solely at convincing voters that Obama is unacceptable because he previously crossed paths with '60s anti-war radical Bill Ayers.

He's also crossed paths with some reporters... unlike a certain VP candidate I could mention.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:29 pm
'Economists For McCain' Trash McCain's New Mortgage Plan http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/10/economists-for-mccain-tra_n_133718.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:38 pm
@blueflame1,
Any "real" conservative will tell you, they are against government handouts for anything! That's a "no brainer." Or should be.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 09:18 am
McCain campaign's tone likened to George Wallace's COMBINED NEWS SERVICES
October 12, 2008
WASHINGTON - Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and veteran of the civil rights movement, says the negative tone of the Republican presidential campaign reminds him of the hateful atmosphere segregationist Gov. George Wallace fostered in Alabama in the 1960s.

Republican candidate John McCain yesterday called Lewis' remarks "shocking and beyond the pale." The Obama campaign said the Illinois senator doesn't believe McCain or his policy criticism is comparable to Wallace and his segregationist policies.

In a statement yesterday, Lewis said McCain and running mate Sarah Palin were "sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse."

"George Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights," said Lewis, who is black, noting Wallace also ran for president.

"Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama," Lewis said, referring to the Sept. 15, 1963 bombing of Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church, a seminal event of the civil rights movement.

In August, while appearing at a forum on faith, McCain was asked to name three "wise people" he would listen to. He cited Lewis as well as Gen. David Petraeus, head of U.S. troops in Iraq, and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman, a top adviser to his campaign.

After a week in which Republican crowds shouted "traitor," "terrorist," "treason," "liar" and even "off with his head" at Obama's mention, much note was made of John McCain's effort Friday night to calm down a crowd in Minnesota. "I respect Sen. Obama and his accomplishments," McCain told the crowd. When people booed at the mention of Obama's name, McCain, visibly angry, stopped them: "I want everyone to be respectful, and let's make sure we are."

Obama, on the stump in Philadelphia yesterday, made a slight nod to his Republican rival while asking voters to have faith in him as the next president. Criticizing McCain's economic policies, he acknowledged the GOP nominee has asked his supporters to temper their attacks on him. "I appreciated his reminder that we can disagree while still being respectful of each other," Obama told thousands of supporters at the first of four outdoor rallies in Philadelphia.

The McCain campaign has been running an ad, entitled, "Dangerous," that distorts facts and uses B-horror-movie organ music to paint Obama as a dangerous and risky choice.

Latest polls show Obama holds a lead in six of nine new state surveys, while McCain claims the advantage in Alabama, and the two are tied in Georgia and North Carolina.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 09:54 am
Concern in G.O.P. After Rough Week for McCain
Stephen Crowley/The New York Times

By ADAM NAGOURNEY and ELISABETH BUMILLER
Published: October 11, 2008
After a turbulent week that included disclosures about Gov. Sarah Palin and signs that Senator John McCain was struggling to strike the right tone for his campaign, Republican leaders said Saturday that they were worried Mr. McCain was heading for defeat unless he brought stability to his presidential candidacy and settled on a clear message to counter Senator Barack Obama.
Again and again, party leaders said in interviews that while they still believed that Mr. McCain could win over voters in the next 30 days, they were concerned that he and his advisers seemed to be adrift in dealing with an extraordinarily challenging political battleground and a crisis on Wall Street.

The expressions of concern came after a particularly difficult week for Mr. McCain. On Friday night, new questions arose about his choice of Ms. Palin as his running mate after an investigation by the Alaska Legislature concluded that she had abused her power in trying to orchestrate the firing of her former brother-in-law, a state trooper.

“I think you’re seeing a turning point,” said Saul Anuzis, the Republican chairman in Michigan, where Mr. McCain has decided to stop campaigning. “You’re starting to feel real frustration because we are running out of time. Our message, the campaign’s message, isn’t connecting.”
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:07 am
@blueflame1,
As McCain keeps talking about Ayers, I wonder why there's no more push on McCain's connection to the Keating Five that has current associations of bank failures.
blueflame1

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
McCain/Palin have brought out the worst violent nature in many of those attending their rallies. John Lewis aint just whistling Dixie. But at the same time it's a reflection of the rabid holy rollers of the Bushie years who brought fear beginning with the Miami Mob. "Obama threat, white powder sent to LAT *"
Kevin Roderick •
I'm told the Los Angeles Times mailroom opened a hand-scrawled letter today that read "death to Obama" and contained a white powder that triggered a call to the FBI and a city hazardous materials team. No one was injured and the powder proved to be harmless. My sources say the letter was addressed to staff writers Richard Serrano and Ralph Vartabedian and included a demand for a retraction to their story this week that detailed flying mishaps early in John McCain's Navy flying career. The nut mail was said to carry an upside-down stamp and language about saving babies in addition to the Barack Obama threat.

* Also: The Palms campaign office for the Obama campaign was evacuated Thursday night due to a suspicious envelope. The LAPD bomb squad and a a HazMat team responded.
http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2008/10/obama_threat_white_powder.php
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:34 am
@blueflame1,
That's only the beginning; they have created something they will not be able to stop with future rhetoric. Their ugly rhetoric has exposed their true characters; they will incite violence to win.
okie

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 11:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My suggestion to McCain, just run this video as a campaign ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs
blueflame1

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:18 am
Undecideds Laughing At, Not With, McCain http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/10/undecideds_laughing_at_not_wit.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:13 am
@okie,
McCain is an decrepit old man who has outlived his usefulness to America. He is senile, and has brought out the worst of America's character. His choice of Palin shows how out of touch he is with reality, and what America needs.
0 Replies