Why Does Barack Obama Want To Ban All Our Guns?

parados

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 06:24 pm
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

H2O_MAN wrote:
FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

Yep. That is true as well. He wants to limit us all to 10 rounds.

I guess 10 rounds or less is not a standard capacity magazine

Correct.
Interesting that you feel a magazine of 10 rounds or less isn't a standard magazine.

"This is a standard capacity magazine. It holds 10 rounds"
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 07:07 pm
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

H2O_MAN wrote:

Correct.
Interesting that you feel a magazine of 10 rounds or less isn't a standard magazine.

As if that means that 10 rounds is standard for every weapon. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:32 am
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

H2O_MAN wrote:

Correct.

The standard mag on my M14 rifle is 20/25

The standard mag on my AK rifle is 30/75/100

The standard mag on my G21 pistol is 13
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:51 am
Ya hear about the Joe Lieberman Steak Knives? They can only be used by sticking them in ones back.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:19 am
oralloy wrote:

1986 -- but you can still own post-86 guns on a Form 3 if you are a "Special Occupational Taxpayer".

(If the government set up militias for us to join, we'd be able to have them on a Form 10..... Twisted Evil)

You are correct, 1986. I didn't check my facts there, and since I don't own any of the weapons in question, it doesn't apply to me, but I will admit my error.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:19 am
Standard capacity on the two .22LR's I own: 14 rounds, internal tube mag.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:55 am
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

H2O_MAN wrote:

Correct.

I never said more than 10 rounds was not standard for some weapons.

You said that 10 rounds or less was NOT a standard magazine. It is your statement that was incorrect. Obviously 10 rounds or less IS a standard magazine for some weapons.

The statement that Obama wants a ban on standard magazine capacities is misleading and not completely factual. He does not support a ban on standard magazines of 10 rounds or less.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:59 am
Admit it parados, Obama doesn't know **** about guns other than that he wants to ban them. Just like you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 04:52 am
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Correct.

You said that 10 rounds or less was NOT a standard magazine. It is your statement that was incorrect.

Nope. Nothing incorrect about my statement.

parados wrote:
The statement that Obama wants a ban on standard magazine capacities is misleading and not completely factual.

Nope. That statement is 100% factual.

parados wrote:
He does not support a ban on standard magazines of 10 rounds or less.

That does nothing for the guns that have larger magazines.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 05:30 am
parados wrote:
Of course if those commie nazis hadn't provided deer with bullet proof vests you wouldn't need armor piercing rounds to take them out.

Rolling Eyes

Why would you believe that it was the intention of the 2nd Amendment to permit guns only for hunting? It doesn't say that at all.

The whole Bill of Rights is designed to limit the powers of the government to control the activities of citizens. Clearly the 2nd Amendment is designed to allow the citizens to protect their lives and freedom, even against the government should it ever become necessary, and, as such, the amendment cannot be interpreted as allowing the banning of effective guns or effective ammunitions.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 05:47 am
A Few Magazines
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 07:02 am
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Correct.

You said that 10 rounds or less was NOT a standard magazine. It is your statement that was incorrect.

parados wrote:
The statement that Obama wants a ban on standard magazine capacities is misleading and not completely factual.

parados wrote:

It does make the statement that "Obama wants to ban all guns" false.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 04:51 am
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Correct.

parados wrote:

parados wrote:

It does make the statement that "Obama wants to ban all guns" false.

He certainly wants to ban any guns that might be covered by our Constitutional gun rights.

The purpose of our constitutional gun rights is not "sporting use". The point is to have guns for use in militias and for self-defense.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 07:28 am
Oh? really? So then you think the Bush adminsistration is also in a conspiracy to ban arms allowed under the constitution.

Either arms means ALL military arms as you are claiming or it means only those arms used in a militia when the constitution was passed if you want to be a constitutional originalist. Your tortured reading to make it seem that Obama wants to ban guns allowed because they are military in nature is completely indefensible unless and until you want to defend my right to keep a nuclear weapon in my basement.l
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 07:32 am
oralloy wrote:
The purpose of our constitutional gun rights is . . . to have guns for use in militias and for self-defense. (emphasis added, editing has not changed essential meaning, and clarifies the allegation about constitutional authority.)

Jesus, you always try to pull off **** like this. Absolutely nowhere in the constitution is any putative right of self-defense mentioned, in a context of keeping and bearing arms, nor in any other context.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 07:53 am
oralloy wrote:

He certainly wants to ban any guns that might be covered by our Constitutional gun rights.

The 10 round clip I posted a link to earlier was for an Enfeild 2A.

So, is a standard military rifle covered or not by the 2nd now?

Quote:
The purpose of our constitutional gun rights is not "sporting use". The point is to have guns for use in militias and for self-defense.

Then what the hell have you been doing talking about the banning of .30-.30 ammo for if it isn't constitutionally protected? You don't seem to be able to make a coherent argument Oralloy.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 08:04 am
If Obama really wants my guns he can have the bullets first ...

http://www.athenswater.com/images/06-14-08-Xa.jpg

http://www.athenswater.com/images/NOBAMA.jpg
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 08:06 am
parados wrote:
Oh? really? So then you think the Bush adminsistration is also in a conspiracy to ban arms allowed under the constitution.

Either arms means ALL military arms as you are claiming or it means only those arms used in a militia when the constitution was passed if you want to be a constitutional originalist. Your tortured reading to make it seem that Obama wants to ban guns allowed because they are military in nature is completely indefensible unless and until you want to defend my right to keep a nuclear weapon in my basement.l

This sort of weapon didn't exist when the Constitution was written, and, therefore, there is no clarification about them. There is no basis whatever for suggesting that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to protect Americans' right to hunt. It says that the government may not infringe upon the peoples' right to posess weapons, and one must assume that that's what it means. At the time of its writing, arms pretty much just meant guns. As to whether the Founders would have wanted larger weapons to be allowed is hard to say, because the issue didn't much exist when the document was written, but it is clear that they wanted possession of guns to be a protected right. The Bill of Rights in general limits the power of government to control citizens, and this amendment is likely in the same spirit.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 08:12 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
parados wrote:

This sort of weapon didn't exist when the Constitution was written, and, therefore, there is no clarification about them. There is no basis whatever for suggesting that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to protect Americans' right to hunt. It says that the government may not infringe upon the peoples' right to posess weapons, and one must assume that that's what it means. The Bill of Rights in general limits the power of government to regulate citizens, and this amendment is likely in the same spirit.

So does the 2nd amendment protect my right to have a nuclear weapon or not?

You can't claim "arms" only means guns like the founders had while making allowances for any guns they didn't have. "Arms" is not restricted to mean only weapons that shoot a projectile propelled by gunpowder. It certainly didn't have that meaning at the time of founders.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 08:17 am
parados wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
parados wrote:

This sort of weapon didn't exist when the Constitution was written, and, therefore, there is no clarification about them. There is no basis whatever for suggesting that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to protect Americans' right to hunt. It says that the government may not infringe upon the peoples' right to posess weapons, and one must assume that that's what it means. The Bill of Rights in general limits the power of government to regulate citizens, and this amendment is likely in the same spirit.

So does the 2nd amendment protect my right to have a nuclear weapon or not?

You can't claim "arms" only means guns like the founders had while making allowances for any guns they didn't have. "Arms" is not restricted to mean only weapons that shoot a projectile propelled by gunpowder. It certainly didn't have that meaning at the time of founders.

I don't know and I don't care. The fact that I make one assertion doesn't mean that I'm obligated to take a position on any other issue. What I am asserting is that (1) the Founders clearly meant for the right to own guns to be protected, and that (2) the intention of the amendment likely at least included an effort to protect the people against excessive government control, since that's what the other amendments in the Bill of Rights seem designed to do.
0 Replies