Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:09 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Uhhh, my coin says Brooke on both sides... :wink:

Both of my sides happen to work quite well, FYI :wink:
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:10 pm
vikorr wrote:
Reading your posts, I can see your frustration, but most of the extra comments weren't necessary. For those inclined to do so, it gives them a reason to ignore the content of your posts and reply just to such.

You have a good point, I have not been perfect For the most part I am claiming the superiority of my position, not a personal superiority. I do insult asinine positions, usually not the people behind them unless I falter and stoop to their level.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:13 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh stop

you are killing me

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:17 pm
And do you feel scared - I do
But I won't stop and falter
And if we throw it all away
Things can only get better

howard jones
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:19 pm
JustBrooke wrote:
Chai wrote:

Can I come over to your house and eat ice cream in bed naked?

Sure! Bring a couple guys and we'll have an orgy!

PS- If you bring Hawkeye.....I will kill you, though.

Stop! Stop! I just laughed so hard I passed a Ritz cracker through my nose! (There's a visual...and it hurt!)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:24 pm
Since I know what you look like, I just laughed doubly hard at the image, which made me shoot chunky monkey out MY nose!

As I was wiping up, I found that lima bean I'd pushed up there when I was 4.

ow, talk about brain freeze.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:30 pm
Alrighty then, we have gone 15+ posts off subject (Chumly was the last one to have something relevant to say), so it seems that this discussion is over. Anyone disagree?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:32 pm
Are you JasonPest in disguise?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:33 pm
On statistics: I noticed, or think I noticed, that Francis' statistics were re a percentage of married people who had extra marital sex, however defined, within the past year. Or maybe couple of years, I forget.

Hawkeye talks about numbers like 60% of married men having extra marital sex. Well, that would be ever over the life of the marriage, which as we all know can go on for many decades. Many f/ing decades. The extra marital bit may be a ten minute episode thirty years ago. They are not all doing that at one time, all the time.

Please pass the apples and oranges.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:37 pm
>snort
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:41 pm
ossobuco wrote:
On statistics: I noticed, or think I noticed, that Francis' statistics were re a percentage of married people who had extra marital sex, however defined, within the past year. Or maybe couple of years, I forget.

Hawkeye talks about numbers like 60% of married men having extra marital sex. Well, that would be ever over the life of the marriage, which as we all know can go on for many decades. Many f/ing decades. The extra marital bit may be a ten minute episode thirty years ago. They are not all doing that at one time, all the time.

Please pass the apples and oranges.

It is 60% over their life time up till when questioned, so far as I understand. It means that the majority will cheat at least once. There is also a study that claims that 70% of those married over two years have cheated. Francis is trying to claim that cheating is rare, I am saying that the best evidence is that it is normal that a husband cheats at least once one his wife.

His number over the last year might be right, but it does not tell us how many individuals cheat, my numbers do.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:42 pm
not
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:46 pm
The funny thing about the original post is how arrogant the whole thing is. It's how arrogant, little men think.

Reminds me of something Chai said one time about men who she finds very attractive. They are showing interest outside of themselves. Their sexiness isn't in what they possess so much as in how they can appreciate and be interested and celebrate and pull out of others the beauty.

She said it much better.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:54 pm
mushypancakes wrote:
The funny thing about the original post is how arrogant the whole thing is. It's how arrogant, little men think.

Reminds me of something Chai said one time about men who she finds very attractive. They are showing interest outside of themselves. Their sexiness isn't in what they possess so much as in how they can appreciate and be interested and celebrate and pull out of others the beauty.

She said it much better.

Please go on.....how is a man wanting to be appreciated for who he is rather than what he has arrogance? I am tempted to feel like you are looking for a way to dismiss the entire post rather than deal with it, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:57 pm
Nobody seems to get he was putting out a subject for debate. We don't really know Primitivo. I can make assumptions, and have in the past, but my assumptionsmay be incorrect.

On how many people have extramarital sex during the life of their marriage, I'll say that I figure it's a pretty good number in populations where marriage is a ritualized event, but also zillions of people don't. Eh. I was more interested in the rather blanket statement of the originating post.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:01 pm
Oh, and I'll let our statistician address, if the statistician cares to, the discrepancies between a study that gives a 70% number after two years of marriage and others that give numbers like 50 or 60% over marital life.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:08 pm
After having read these 18 mind boggling pages, I have only one question:
Are hawkeye and vicorr the one and same person? I definitely think so!
The two of them deserve to be stranded together on a lonely island - just
spare the rest of us with your gobbledegook.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:11 pm
As for the gold diggers who seek out wealthy men - they usually get what
they deserve.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:12 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
After having read these 18 mind boggling pages, I have only one question:
Are hawkeye and vicorr the one and same person? I definitely think so!
The two of them deserve to be stranded together on a lonely island - just
spare the rest of us with your gobbledegook.

Getting rid of pesky dissenting opinions would make your life easier I am sure, but it would also deprive you of the opportunity to open your mind.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:16 pm
Haha, that's funny coming from a closed minded person like you. Laughing
0 Replies