The Truth About Women

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:21 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Haha, that's funny coming from a closed minded person like you. Laughing

I am not closed minded, I have thought the position through, have examined the evidence, and reached a conclusion. I am pretty sure that i am right, no one has laid a glove on my facts or argument, so I continue to believe that I am right. The hostile mob reaction also indicates that I am right. If I am wrong, make an argument and support it with evidence. If you are convincing I will admit that I am wrong. That folks, is how democracy works, how civilized people behave.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:33 pm
hawkeye, there is neither evidence nor a conclusion. You have no facts
and you have no argument. What you believe is what you have stated,
that's all. I don't need to convince you of anything, it's a fruitless waste
of time, to educate narrow minded people. You have shown in just about
every thread and topic there is, that you're ignorant, and THIS is a fact.

Not only have I arrived at this conclusion, almost everyone (except vicorr)
has too. If so many people tell you that you're wrong then perhaps you
should sit down and re-count your marbles, just in case there are more
missing than we've found already.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:39 pm
Gee. Do I have to stand up for Vicorr too? I agree with him sometimes and think he's out to lunch sometimes. No, no examples, I'm not much of a quote saver. (I seem to remember that shortly after I praised him for posts that I had a spate of disagreements, not that I posted those... if I posted everything I disagreed with I'd go berserk quickly.) But I always read his posts, he's got a working mind.

Me, I'm often out to breakfast.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:24 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Nobody seems to get he was putting out a subject for debate. We don't really know Primitivo. I can make assumptions, and have in the past, but my assumptionsmay be incorrect.

On how many people have extramarital sex during the life of their marriage, I'll say that I figure it's a pretty good number in populations where marriage is a ritualized event, but also zillions of people don't. Eh. I was more interested in the rather blanket statement of the originating post.

Primitivo was not talking about statistics. He was saying women were vulgar prostitutes. Here's exactly what he said:
~~~~
Women are not actually attracted to men. There is a vague idea of what a man is physically, and some are better than others aesthetically speaking, but the purely physical appearance of a man is almost inconsequential unless he is horribly ugly or outrageously attractive.

Women are attracted to status, money, how much a man smiles and laughs, how many friends and resources a man has, how full a man's life is--how many "cool," "exciting" and prestigious things he is doing or connected to.

They are interested in how other people view him--how many people want to be around him, how other people interact with him and whether their interactions convey that he is special and amazing. They want him to be extremely outgoing and aggressive, they want him to demonstrate his status over other people by dominating them in various non-violent ways.

A woman's attraction to a man is a function of her jealousy at the thought of another woman having that man. She doesn't care who he actually is or EXACTLY what he looks like physically, she only cares about the VALUE of the life he has constructed around himself.

A woman basically is a greedy materialistic prostitute. Although that sounds vulgar, it's true. She trades her physical self to buy into the success a man has created for himself.

Discuss.
~~~

Hawkeye admonished him, but then added that "You want to pick a woman who wants you, one who f*cks your brains out willingly and joyfully because she wants you." As if this is the only criteria for your choice of woman.

It then digressed into the statistics of infidelity, with Hawkeye claiming (from a website he visited) that the majority of married people are involved in extra-marital affairs.

My issue with this whole thing is the demeaning words and tone issuing out of Primitivo and Hawkeye, no matter how the latter tries to defend himself. Telling a cynical young pup to pick a woman on that basis is reprehensible. It says a lot about Hawkeye. And why he believes men have to go outside of marriage for (good) sex.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:38 pm
Hello? Primotivo posted a statement and then said, "discuss".

I haven't looked up my old posts with him but I've either done a slam or semi slam, or was just thinking all that over his posting history.

Yeah, I figure he means a lot of it but I'm not sure of that. He may have conflict and be looking for a reason to argue with himself. He may be some grad student or regular old internet player looking for argument. His avatar is reasonably sophisticated for a post that seems by a 14 year old, although there are smart fourteen year olds, as we know since we were.

Everybody then slams Primotivo. (drives me nuts, I want to make the first o an i).

Many slams to him personally thus follow, plus a long and interesting tangent. (As most of you know, I do like tangents, even within a sentence.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:41 pm
i can not believe this is still going on..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:46 pm
I agree on the words, Mame (hey, trust me on that, I'm as offended as others and possibly even more).

I'm trying to separate the harshness from the logic, and in the case of this thread, a premise and the word "discuss".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:49 pm
I don't know who Primotivo is, much less why he is who he seems to be or isn't who he seems to be, or is a guy dealing with parents who represent to him the worst of both sexes, or that one of them does.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:00 pm
To be obvious and corny for a few seconds, love has not come into this discussion much, for obvious reasons, but love has a role in real life.

Yes, yes, I know that love is is another whole discussion. Maybe or maybe not as icy, but it is a force as strong as sex.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:05 pm
Ah well... I think we've had our say. It was pretty provocativo, though.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:15 pm
Virtually everyone assumes that Provocativo/primotivo means his posts. We don't know that.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 01:38 am
Ahh! Hello everybody!

I slept well, thanks, having nurtured my incivility (in my dreams).

Now, for the high moral grounds, I assume they are on the side of the 50/60% who cheat? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 05:55 am
primitivo is gus
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:09 am
Yawns... Stretches... crawls out of Francis' bed...

Good morning.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:33 am
Morning Squinney.

(rolling out the other side of Francis' bed)
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:44 am
Hm, and I still don't even know what my husband is earning!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:48 am
Morning everyone

( walks out of the shower )
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:38 am
Morning! (rolls off of Francis)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 08:14 am
Laughing

Francis, can I have your ear for a minute?

All these other women.... They don't want you for the same reasons I do.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 08:38 am
Well, maybe you haven't heard - men should pick a woman who wants him, and wants to screw his brains out.

I think that counts you out, squinney, sorry.
0 Replies