My husband asked–are you putting on weight–what should I do?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:18 am
right... that's what I thought.... and I always considered you a trophy... couldn't you tell by the way I was always wanting to stuff you?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:12 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
I would encourage husbands to try to develop a marriage were their wives would not think twice about talking about their weight, because the wives feel that the couple are a team, and know that their husbands will accept them and be supportive of them even when they do put on weight.

We talk about weight in my marriage, my wife tells me exactly what the scales says, sometimes I ask, normally she brings it up herself. This kind of intimacy does not develop right away, it takes a few years into the marriage for many, but it is the way to go. Intimacy is being a part of each others inner world, for women who obsess about their weight (my wife is one who does) keeping their men out of this part of who they are is pushing away intimacy.

Actually we frequently will talk about weight along with health and working out, etc. because we are concerned about out health and general well being.

There is a difference between looking at your booty and saying "Have you been putting on some weight?" and discussing your overall physical fitness.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:19 am
squinney wrote:
1. Size 2? JeezusHChriiist! Get another bag of chips and eat 'em right in front of his face!

(Linkat - don't forget the French Onion Dip with those chips.) :wink:

Actually I had a nice big bowl of Cursed Reverse Ice Cream last night with whipped cream while sitting on my big butt and watching Survivor - all right in front of his face.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:20 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
did you gain weight over the years squinney? I never noticed. I just thought you became more beautiful with time and now you're saying you got heavier? Huh.

did I get heavier? balder? Laughing

Now there's a man who knows what to say.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:27 pm
I just realized something. The title ends with "what should I do," and nobody's quite answered that for you.

What you should do, is bring him a cold beer and sandwich, then give him oral sex. Then bring another cold beer.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:28 pm
Yeah, he's to be drawn and quartered, and have Nair in his shampoo. Go back to page 1, collect $200, and start over.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:33 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I just realized something. The title ends with "what should I do," and nobody's quite answered that for you.

What you should do, is bring him a cold beer and sandwich, then give him oral sex. Then bring another cold beer.

quietly.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:37 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

What do you care, you're not my husband?!

<thank God for small - actually large favors>
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:49 pm
Linkat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
did you gain weight over the years squinney? I never noticed. I just thought you became more beautiful with time and now you're saying you got heavier? Huh.

did I get heavier? balder? Laughing

Now there's a man who knows what to say.

yes, I'm a real prince. Cool
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:01 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Chai wrote:
There's one of your problems hackeye, you don't see connections.

Ya, for instance I don't see where Hawkeye's problem's according to Chai is relevant to the thread topic, but maybe in in your mind it is. Does this mean that you are done with the topic?? Do you have anything to offer besides drive bys?

You have suffficiently chastised me that I may never be able to show my face on this forum again.

Before I go (yeah, right), the topic is sensitivity to your mate. Although, no man is an island, none of us live in a vacuum etc., the presidential candidates relationship with his/her spouse cannot completely be compartmentalized from anything else going on in his/her life.

Anyone who would say something like "he needs to put his wife on a lease" is so concerned about how the wife makes him look, there wouldn't seem to be a lot of room for "allowing" her to be the individual she wants to be.

Where do you draw the line at putting someone on a leash? Is is just below the level of running for the presidency of the US?

That reminds me of the man who asked a woman if she would sleep with him for $1,000,000. She said yes.
He asked her is she'd sleep with him for $5.00.
"what kind of woman do you think I am?!!", she said.

Well, we're already ascertained that, now we're negotiating.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:13 pm
I draw the line at 200.00. that's the most I'll pay for that kind of thing.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:14 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

You're slipping.

She needs to post pictures here so that we can determine if she is fat.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:45 pm
If a size 2 is fat, then I must be obese. (yikes).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:14 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

You're slipping.

I don't have a scale, however, I do have a doctor's appt next week - I'll see if I feel brave and post my weight.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:50 pm
Linkat wrote:

I don't have a scale, however, I do have a doctor's appt next week - I'll see if I feel brave and post my weight.

How can you argue that you were deeply offended by your husbands comment if you don't care enough about weight to own a scale? I might have to rethink the idea that he should have known not to say what he did. If you really don't care why couldn't you deploy a little good humour rather than decide to get offended? Is this really about defending the rule that men can't ask about weight rather then speaking with your own voice about how you actually feel?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:51 pm
why a scale? If your clothes still fit you're okay. Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:01 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

You're slipping.

Exactly. And no baggy clothes, so we can make a well-informed decision.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:06 pm
Re: My husband asked-are you putting on weight-what should I
Linkat wrote:
Can you believe it? How dumb is can a guy be? My husband really really asked this question. We have been married over 10 years - he should know better. I immediately told him - you never ask a woman such a question. He acted all surprised and said, "What, I just noticed and thought I would ask." He tried to make up for it later by saying how nice my hair cut looked. I told him that doesn't make up for it and then he went on to say how much he loved me - blah, blah.

I think drawn and quartered is not quite severe enough - what do you think?

LOL, im about to tell my homegirl the same thing.

Should i not? but she was cute before now shes just sits around eating and smoking weed, i mean i like her, but shouldnt i let her know?

I didnt before but i mean she was cute, now shes hella not. its one thing to be thick or chubby and another to be obese. shes not so abd yet, but i can see it keeps coming and shes getting heavier, should i say anything at all?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:31 pm
hawkeye, you really couldn't have been reading. nowhere does it say that linkat was offended at her husband and she did specifically say she did take it with good humor.

ogionik, if your lady just sits around smoking weed you have more problems to discuss then just her weight it seems.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:34 pm
Re: My husband asked-are you putting on weight-what should I
OGIONIK wrote:
Linkat wrote:
but shouldnt i let her know?

Do you imagine that she doesn't realize she's gained weight? I'm sure she'll be grateful.

Oh really OGIONIK dear? Thanks for telling me, I hadn't noticed.

Well, I wasn't going to mention it either baby, but your head is completely up your ass.
0 Replies