Husband taking part in chores around the house

jodie34

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:21 pm
I can't understand why the husband would think the wife should take care of the house, children, grocery shopping or what ever needs to be done and not lift a finger to help out. I think at this point you would feel like the husband did not have any respect for you or how could you have respect for him either? If you shared family responsibilities I think there would be more time to spend together as a couple and maybe there would be more of a desire for sex. Who wants to be a slave to their family?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:42 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
I do agree that kids are over programed, which sucks up both time and money. I never did a single program other than Boy Scouts, and I think that turned out just fine

I think the jury's still out on that.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 10:20 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Nobody can look at the time studies and count the number of stay at home dads and with fairness conclude that men have not stepped up. Women have not gotten all they want, but neither have the men. We do much more than our dads did and still we get b*tching and the wife being busy as named as the reason we don't get anywhere near enough good sex.....we ain't happy either. Do you have any proposed solutions to go along with the complaining?

Biting my tongue.

Not enough good sex, Hawkeye? I get the feeling you know very little about women. Truly. The "making love" stage is set for a woman as soon as the day begins. If you haven't got enough of what it really takes to be a man and show her the love, respect, kindness....all the things that make her want to ravage you at the end of the day, tired or not.......you will continue to come onto forums and complain about men not getting enough GOOD SEX! To listen to you, if a man is helping his wife out, she should lay down and spread em' at that snap of his finger. Lovely. I bet that makes for some pretty hot lovemaking sessions. And trading sex for household chores. That's pimpin.

Might I suggest some lube and your hand. Cuz it's probably all ur gonna get.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 10:25 pm
bookmark... :wink:
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:28 am
JustBrooke wrote:

If you feel all better about yourself now that you have put me down (even though you don't know much of anything about me) then I am glad that I could help you through your day. But seriously, I do very well for myself. I am 46 years old, and rarely make major mistakes in my personal life, precisely because I do pay attention to how things work. I understand that what i say disturbs your world, but I can't help that.

The majority of guys I meet are not satisfied at home, and that has a lot to do with why many go outside of the marriage for sex. I was not making a personal statement I was making a general observation. If the guys you know have a different take on things, super. No need to worry about me, my wife and I have had a fabulous sex life for a very long time, because we worked at it and negotiated it forthrightly and openly. We did not d*ck around at negotiations while pretending that sex is not negotiated like so many couples do. Open negotiation works, try it sometime.

FYI- the masculine ravishes the feminine, so you having the guy waiting for the girl to ravish him is screwed-up unless the girl is acting masculine and the guy is feminine. I suggest you learn up on the Eros and Psyche myth.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 08:30 am
Mame wrote:
ep, you use the word "stereotype" as if it's a bad thing. There are stereotypes out there that are positive.

And the reality is that , despite what goes on in a bachelor pad or your own home, many, many men do not feel that housework is their domain. In fact, you said it yourself - that traditionally, the home is the woman's responsibility. The fact is, it made sense, traditionally, because she was home all day. The problem is that we, both men and women, as a rule, have not caught up to today's reality of dual income homes and the woman still bears the brunt of the home responsibility in addition.

More and more men today ARE contributing to a larger degree in the home, but it's still not MOST men.

That's all I'm saying. And call it whatever you want, it's a REALITY.

As a man... I don't the stereotype think the stereotypes you attribute to me are positive at all. Your stereotypes seem to say that women are more virtuous and hardworking the men in many ways.

But I am curious Mame== is there anything positive in the stereotypes you have for men?

Can you name one positive trait (i.e. something good) that you would say is prevalent in men but not in woman?

((For the record, Hawkeye is completely out in left field)).
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:11 am
You LIKE getting the spiders, right?

No?!!

Go on with ya.

Do too.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:29 am
ep, Men are wonderful and I'm not saying women are more virtuous, so if you're hearing that, that's your stuff. There are lots of things about some women that drive me nuts... and women doing more in the home isn't virtuous, it's simply a reality.

I'm certain that there are things that are prevalent in men MORE than in women, like: a sense of direction, being more mechanically inclined, fixing things around the home (and vehicles), dealing with mechanics and repairmen (perhaps understanding what's going on better)...

How's that, for starters?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:37 am
asking for directions?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:42 am
Yeaaahhhh, that wouldn't be one of 'em. Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:50 am
Quote:

I'm certain that there are things that are prevalent in men MORE than in women, like: a sense of direction, being more mechanically inclined, fixing things around the home (and vehicles), dealing with mechanics and repairmen (perhaps understanding what's going on better)...

If this were true... then the idea that women clean the house, and men fix things around the house, would make a lot of sense.

The point of view of Hawkeye and Mame seem to be surprisingly close (I happen to disagrew with both of them).
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:52 am
As a parent... I am working very hard to ensure that my daughter is not restricted by these stereotypes. She seems to be very mechanically inclined (and I am proud of her for this).
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:01 am
You asked me to give you an example of stereotypes that were positive, that is all. You didn't ask me what my reality was.

I have fixed my own car, changed my own tires, see the mechanic myself, and in our house, I hired and liaised with the trades, bought and sold the cars, and got the best deal in mortgages, to name just a few.

My husband was not interested or competent in these areas, and I was, so that's how it worked out.

I grew up with all women, so there was no stereotyping going on in our house. Somebody had to set the mousetraps, kill the spiders, change the light bulbs, etc.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 11:15 am
JustBrooke wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Nobody can look at the time studies and count the number of stay at home dads and with fairness conclude that men have not stepped up. Women have not gotten all they want, but neither have the men. We do much more than our dads did and still we get b*tching and the wife being busy as named as the reason we don't get anywhere near enough good sex.....we ain't happy either. Do you have any proposed solutions to go along with the complaining?

Biting my tongue.

Not enough good sex, Hawkeye? I get the feeling you know very little about women. Truly. The "making love" stage is set for a woman as soon as the day begins. If you haven't got enough of what it really takes to be a man and show her the love, respect, kindness....all the things that make her want to ravage you at the end of the day, tired or not.......you will continue to come onto forums and complain about men not getting enough GOOD SEX! To listen to you, if a man is helping his wife out, she should lay down and spread em' at that snap of his finger. Lovely. I bet that makes for some pretty hot lovemaking sessions. And trading sex for household chores. That's pimpin.

You should see some of his other posts....
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:41 pm
Hawkeye.....I have seen your posts around this forum. If you wish to convince someone that you are not the chauvinistic, pompous ass, puffed-up pig, that you portray yourself to be.....fine! But save your typin hand when it comes to me, buddy.

Your pretentious posting, speaks volumes.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:45 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

You should see some of his other posts....

Unfortunately, I have
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 06:47 pm
JustBrooke wrote:
Hawkeye.....I have seen your posts around this forum. If you wish to convince someone that you are not the chauvinistic, pompous ass, puffed-up pig, that you portray yourself to be.....fine! But save your typin hand when it comes to me, buddy.

Your pretentious posting, speaks volumes.

The fact that you are convinced that you know much of anything about a person based upon some posts on an Internet forum says a lot about you, nothing about me. The name calling can be cute, but it is getting old. If you care to say anything on-topic I will be around.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:50 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:

As usual......you have said nothing. But indeed, have bored me to death.
Toodles!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:16 pm
Hey, Brooke, I tried to get him to speak up on the Keep yer wife quiet thred, but he was kinda silent there, too... :wink:

RH
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:18 pm
Gotcha! :wink:
0 Replies