Michelle Obama has hated America for over 40 years?

rabel22

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:47 pm
I have to give you Obamaites credit. You changed the thread from Michele being proud of the U.S. for the first time in 40 years to refighting the civel war. Well done.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:51 pm
rabel22 wrote:
I have to give you Obamaites credit. You changed the thread from Michele being proud of the U.S. for the first time in 40 years to refighting the civel war. Well done.

C'mon, enough sour grapes. Plenty of time to get on board the bus before November.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 05:51 pm
rabel22 wrote:

You're not kidding!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 06:21 pm
rabel22 wrote:

Good job rabel..

You took here statement from "really proud as an adult" to "proud since she was 4 years old."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 06:28 pm
Oh, are you guys fighting the Civil War again?

Cool.

Who's winning?

I have loved that war, too, since I heard Shelby Foote talking about it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:15 pm
My fave was when it was played out by Mel Gibson. He was a true patriot.

But, the one thing I never really "got" was how those guys just walked right into the end of each others guns, all lined up and walkin' right to their deaths.

That was stupid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:34 pm
squinney wrote:

But, the one thing I never really "got" was how those guys just walked right into the end of each others guns, all lined up and walkin' right to their deaths.

That was stupid.

I think they walked more than we do, generally speaking.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:22 pm
It's because of engagements you describe that I simply won't read about the civil war, Squinney. One of my favorite military fiction writers has done several books on the subject. I can't read them.

I digress, of course.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 10:20 pm
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:08 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Plenty of time to get on board the bus before November.

Cycloptichorn

Who rides a bus with flat tires?
:wink:
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 06:28 am
Set, with the topography and the map shown (map no 2) the Nat Park Service historians have declared that ,
1Chamberlain was the first to occupy the ridge crest from LRT to BRT. (thus defining "advance" pretty much . NO SPIN, this is from The NAt Park SErvice) As well as Mark Boatners discussions of the battle.

2I guess youve not been to Gettysburg then. The ridges are quite steep sided diabase rises that have a "dumbell" right where Chambnerlains fl;anks were.

2You have to admit, your more pissed that he survived even though he was shot up as badly as anyone. He managed to keep his men in fromation . Do you deny the facts of his wounds and the resukts? Im not really sure what youre all torqued off at.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:53 am
squinney wrote:

That was stupid.

The limitation was communications, if I remember correctly.

If you disperse your troops, you lose the ability to coordinate their movements and risk each detachment being defeated individually.

Another problem was reloading. You can't reload a musket laying on your belly.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:54 am
RexRed seems to have abandoned his little rant.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:24 pm
Thats one of the few ways weve found to shut him up
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:35 pm
DrewDad wrote:
squinney wrote:

That was stupid.

The limitation was communications, if I remember correctly.

If you disperse your troops, you lose the ability to coordinate their movements and risk each detachment being defeated individually.

Another problem was reloading. You can't reload a musket laying on your belly.

Lack of communication and loss of troops from being dispersed?

Ha! Have you seen them? They march along in a line with drums and flutes, for chrissake, announcing their location EXACTLY!! That was how Mel shook 'em up - he hid in the woods and creek beds and ambushed 'em and that made them cry "Foul! Hey, you can't hide in the woods! You have to line up out here in the open field and march towards us with your little drummer boys."

From the movies I've seen that didn't change much between the Revolutionary and Civil wars. Well. except the colors of the uniforms. Those changed.

I've always liked blue.

Which side wore blue, again?

Oh, well.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 03:20 pm
Cyclo
Why don't you hold your breath until I vote for Obama.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 03:20 pm
Cyclo
Why don't you hold your breath until I vote for Obama.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 03:22 pm
I'm glad that Rex finally ran out of steam. I do want to say that I especially enjoyed Snood's comments about Billo, and am also baffled how he manages to get away with his meglomaniacle rants.

My family is of Irish descent and Mr. O'Reilly is the embodiment of the ultimate Irish Jerk, the one the rest of the Irish hate to see show up at the pub. No one should be surprised at his lack of regard for others especially after you read the comments he makes about his own father. Billo believes he is special and someone who has great common sense. Sadly, he is just another puffed up self-important big deal wannabe. With Snood's permission I would like to borrow the line "splotchy dillweed" when referring to Bill.

At the risk of also sounding un-American or not as American as Rex, I have also felt an enhanced pride in my country since both Obama and Clinton have risen to the top of their party and have a unique opportunity to make history. I reject the idea that I am not patriotic because I believe that we have room for improvement. Frankly despite all the falderal about who loves or doesn't love America, I suspect every one who runs for public office believes that they can bring improvement to the U.S. or why else would they run. Using Rex's definition, all office holders including our current President are anti-American for attempting any change what-so-ever. But what the hell, since when did politics or religion have to make sense.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:38 pm
Well, with respect, one expects no sense from religion, by definition....but in politics one ought to be entitled to expect some rationality!
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:44 pm
Michelle Obama believes that America is fundamentally flawed but occasionally - like when people vote for her husband - it does a good thing. Folks on the right believe exactly the opposite; America is a fundamentally good country that sometimes does flawed things.
0 Replies