0
   

Michelle Obama has hated America for over 40 years?

 
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:32 am
DrewDad wrote:
Miller wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Speak for youself... I AM PROUD OF MY COUNTRY AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!

Proud of napalming villages in Vietnam?

Proud of diverting money to drug-running gangsters in third world countries?

Proud of selling warplanes to Iran?

Proud of how well FEMA managed the Katrina hurricane victims?

Proud of Watergate?

Yep. America can do no wrong.


So when are you leaving?


Hmm.... I wonder what personality disorder makes one believe something is either all good or all bad?

You and Rex oughta form a club, or something.


And Drew which country do you live in that you are so proud of? What bastion of freedom and democracy do you call home? What melting pot of cultures, ideas and reason are you a participating citizen of?
0 Replies
 
squinney
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:03 am
Talk about blowing things out of proportion!

Here's what she really said..

"for the first time in my adult lifetime I am really proud of my country."

For the first time in her ADULT life, which means what? Since the 80's?


"...first time...REALLY proud..."

So she has been proud of her country since the 80's, but now she is REALLY proud.

What's the problem?
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:14 am
squinney wrote:
Talk about blowing things out of proportion!

Here's what she really said..

"for the first time in my adult lifetime I am really proud of my country."

For the first time in her ADULT life, which means what? Since the 80's?


"...first time...REALLY proud..."

So she has been proud of her country since the 80's, but now she is REALLY proud.

What's the problem?


he problem is, she's not a bile spilling Republican.
0 Replies
 
Phoenix32890
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:17 am
I think that many of us have overreacted to Michelle's remark. What I have learned from it, is not that she is un-American, but that she is probably "not ready for prime time". No savvy politician's wife would have come out with a remark like that.
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:39 am
My god.
Talk about over thinking a statement.

She is really proud at ONE moment, but people think they can then tear her apart for not showing that ever arrogant, mindless " I love america all the time" behavior?

Rolling Eyes

I love where I live.
I am fortunate to live here and not in southern Africa , or south America, or any other place for that matter for many reasons, but that does not mean I am proud of what AMERICANS do or what the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT does.

but I guess that makes me anti-american huh?
Kinda like Michelle..

jeezee.. I have to throw in another one for good measure ... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:02 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I think that many of us have overreacted to Michelle's remark. What I have learned from it, is not that she is un-American, but that she is probably "not ready for prime time". No savvy politician's wife would have come out with a remark like that.


It's a breath of fresh air to have a real person then, isn't it?
0 Replies
 
eoe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:13 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
No savvy politician's wife would have come out with a remark like that.


Only because she'll fear being raked over the coals just like this. And you know what? I don't think she cares a whole lot about that. She appears to be a straightforward woman who doesn't have time or the patience to play the usual games.
I agree Parados. How refreshing indeed.
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:17 am
Personally I can understand where she was coming from being a black woman in America and being there to see all the support her husband is getting from people off all races. It is something new to be proud of and we don't have a lot to proud of when it comes to racial issues in America in our past; they have had to fight for every single 'liberty' they now enjoy. When America used to say the 'land of the free' it didn't mean everybody was free to enjoy all the freedom that white men enjoyed until the civil rights movement; and now it seems we are witnessing the last hold over of prejudices fading away. It is a proud moment in America.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:41 am
RexRed wrote:
And Drew which country do you live in that you are so proud of? What bastion of freedom and democracy do you call home? What melting pot of cultures, ideas and reason are you a participating citizen of?

You need to lay of the Koolaid.
0 Replies
 
eoe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:22 pm
revel wrote:
Personally I can understand where she was coming from being a black woman in America...


It's really as simple as that. So many people never dreamed they'd see this in their/our lifetime. And it's a remarkable event but no one should think that when Obama is elected, it will signal the end of racism in this country.

But it will signal to the world that we're damn sure moving in the right direction, and it will be a very proud day in America. For ALL Americans.
0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:25 pm
RexRed wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Miller wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Speak for youself... I AM PROUD OF MY COUNTRY AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!

Proud of napalming villages in Vietnam?

Proud of diverting money to drug-running gangsters in third world countries?

Proud of selling warplanes to Iran?

Proud of how well FEMA managed the Katrina hurricane victims?

Proud of Watergate?

Yep. America can do no wrong.


So when are you leaving?


Hmm.... I wonder what personality disorder makes one believe something is either all good or all bad?

You and Rex oughta form a club, or something.


And Drew which country do you live in that you are so proud of? What bastion of freedom and democracy do you call home? What melting pot of cultures, ideas and reason are you a participating citizen of?


Laughing Laughing
0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:28 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
squinney wrote:
Talk about blowing things out of proportion!

Here's what she really said..

"for the first time in my adult lifetime I am really proud of my country."

For the first time in her ADULT life, which means what? Since the 80's?


"...first time...REALLY proud..."

So she has been proud of her country since the 80's, but now she is REALLY proud.

What's the problem?


he problem is, she's not a bile spilling Republican.


No! She's a Daley-machine clone...all the way...
even her deceased father rode the MACHINE straight to the Bank. Shocked
0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:31 pm
eoe wrote:
... no one should think that when Obama is elected...


Jumping the gun?
0 Replies
 
eoe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:33 pm
Miller wrote:
No! She's a Daley-machine clone...all the way...
even her deceased father rode the MACHINE straight to the Bank. Shocked


And you sound about as sad and pathetically desperate as Hillary & Co. You poor thing...
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:40 pm
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:44 pm
DrewDad wrote:
RexRed wrote:
And Drew which country do you live in that you are so proud of? What bastion of freedom and democracy do you call home? What melting pot of cultures, ideas and reason are you a participating citizen of?

You need to lay of the Koolaid.


That is ok DD, I can feel your own personal pain and shame thought I cannot myself relate to it.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:47 pm
I will bear in mind that Miller and Rex are proud of torture and killing children.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I will bear in mind that Miller and Rex are proud of torture and killing children.


Those are your words not mine, but cast the speck out of our country's eye and forget the beam in your own the sociopath that you are. I don't expect much more from such ignorance and hatred of the American spirit. You are unworthy to grace the hallowed soil of this land of the free.

I would hate to be "Drew"... And which country in the world is this "perfect" model of righteousness as YOU say the greatest country of the world is something to be ASHAMED of?

I am not ashamed of my county but I am ashamed of you and your anarchist ilk. The sooner you leave the better off this country will be. It is the rank lawless LIBERALS that have perpetuated the "crimes" that have weakened the moral fiber of this country.

Since when did Jesus Christ ascribe to torture and killing? America being the most "Christian" country in the world! But the progressives are anti-Christ they are the Jesus railers, torturers and killers afraid of manger scenes and deceive others as wolves dressed in sheep's clothing. I am ashamed of them and YOU!

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Comment: I am ashamed of the liberal gospel of the anti-Christ "progressives"!
0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:15 pm
What was it Obama was going to do for my soul?
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:29 pm
And DrewDad you could yourself join your friends and drink some Kool-Aid with that Jim Jones San Francisco style gospel of the liberal progressives.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/07/2022 at 01:14:34