Northern Illinois University Shooting

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:42 am
First, a moment of silence for the victims....

Now, let's get serious. The following letter was written by a friend of mine two weeks ago, and sent to major newpapers across the country. It was published in a select few.

I Thought "Sensible" Gun Laws Were Supposed to Protect Us?

The assassination attempt of President Ronald Reagan and subsequent injury to Jim Brady brought us the "Brady Bill". The Brady Bill was going to protect us common folks from criminals toting guns. What followed was a knee-jerk reaction that caused people like me to jump through a set of hoops to be able to legally purchase a gun for hunting, target shooting, and self-defense.

Here we are almost 27 years later and what have we seen? Improvement? Safer streets, schools and suburban shopping malls?

No.

We've seen an "Assault" Weapons Ban come and go which only punished shooting sports participants and target shooters.

We've had Columbine, Virginia Tech, Luby's, West Roads Mall in Omaha, and now the Chicago tragedy.

The stats prove the obvious. "Sensible" gun laws are the opposite of "sensible". Gun free zones have now been proven, over and over again that they are really only "Good Guy Gun Free Zones". The bad guys who go in those places with the malicious intent to kill innocent people don't pay any attention to those "No Concealed Weapons Allowed" signs plastered all over the place.

Only professionally trained, permitted, law-abiding concealed weapons permit holders pay attention to those signs and the rules they project. And what happens? It's obvious. The bad guy gets to shoot all the people he wants to with no threat of actually being killed himself until his warped, twisted mind actually tells him to turn the barrel to his own head.

Almost every state in our great country has some sort of concealed carry law on its books. People must be properly trained, pass background checks, and go through a licensing procedure to carry weapons. They must prove their proficiency with the weapon they intend to carry.

Business owners and managers, public officials, and others who continually ban the legal, trained, and licensed concealed carriers from entering their property are not creating "safe zones" for their patrons and employees, they are in fact, as proven in the last 27 years, that they are in fact creating "un-safe zones".

One solution is to keep out of these "Good Guy Gun Free Zones". It's really the only way to stay safe until the smart owners, managers, and public officials realize the danger they put their customers and patrons in and change their ridiculous regulations.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,690 • Replies: 117
No top replies

parados

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:50 am
Bodies are still warm and the gun nuts are using them for political purposes.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:51 am
Obviously you didn't read that this was written two weeks ago.

Troll.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:54 am
I did read it was written 2 weeks ago. I also see the title of this thread.

Maybe you forgot what you titled it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:57 am
Any comments on the letter? Any comments on "gun free killing zones"?

If not, please go away.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:02 am
I made my comments. You didn't like them.

2 weeks ago the bodies were still warm in the Lane Bryant store. The letter was written by a gun nut when the bodies were still warm.

You post the letter here a few hours after the shooting in Northern Ill.

And you think I am a troll. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:10 am
So, it's OK for the Brady bunch to show up and condemn guns immediately after a shooting?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:00 am
Illinois AND Wisconsin need CCW and they need it now.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:04 am
even if those students were armed, they had no chance to defend themselves...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:06 am
Region Philbis wrote:

Really? Why not?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:12 am
(i shouldn't have to explain it)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:16 am
Region Philbis wrote:
(i shouldn't have to explain it)

Uh, yes, you should.

The reports state the the shooter appeared on the auditorium stage and began firing, first with a shotgun then with handgun.

If one person, just one, had fired back (it would have been an easy shot), my bet is that lives would have been spared.

And I haven't even mentioned the teacher. Apparently he chased, then shot the teacher, before he ever went after the students. I think it's a strong case for arming teachers.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:23 am
cjhsa
cjhsa, the thing that would help us the most would be for you, and other gun fanatics, to have a brain transplant.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:26 am
It is my job to educate bbb. Education and undertstanding are key.

It is our most basic right to protect ourselves against any and all threats to our life. Denial is an ugly thing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:49 am
Everyone needs to watch this video.

It is NOT graphic, it is important.

http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2007/08/30/gun-control-witness-video/
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:25 am
The second amendment , according to cj, is a license to murder.
If it turns out that this nut acquired the guns via some loophole in an ancient "gun show" law like that in Va, then there should be some modification of the 2nd Amendment .

The solution to gun crimes is not more guns. I can see gunfights in supremarkets, schools, and at 30000 feet.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:33 am
farmerman wrote:
If it turns out that this nut acquired the guns via some loophole in an ancient "gun show" law like that in Va, then there should be some modification of the 2nd Amendment .

You say you want a revolution...

Fman is a member of the American Hunters and Shooters Association, a gun control advocacy group cloaked in a name that belies their intentions, much like the HSUS.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:46 am
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:50 am
Problem: Bicycle seats are hard and they hurt.

Solution: Dorky pants!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:56 am
Region Philbis wrote:

First of all if any kid had a hand gun, I'm sure the guy/gal would have known how to pull the trigger.

Secondly, some of the young men in the lecture hall were at least 6 feet tall and many looked like football players. Why didn't any of these guys jump up on the stage and throw the killer on the ground.

The kids have all said they heard the shots and ran like hell out the door. No on tried to grap the shooter.
0 Replies