Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:05 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I'm assuming she did.

Me too.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:06 pm
I think so too! Well, one day soon she'll think about the advice she's
gotten here and will know that all of us were right. Hard lesson to learn!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:08 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I think so too! Well, one day soon she'll think about the advice she's
gotten here and will know that all of us were right. Hard lesson to learn!

Yeah, I wish all these people who come to us with relationship problems, and get advice, would come back and tell us how we did. I bet we would get to say a lot of "I told you so".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:11 am
I feel very sorry for her. In some of the situations that we encounter, the right decision is not always clear cut. In Aya's case, the correct thing to do was glaring.

I would not like to see people telling her, "I told you so". I would rather believe that after awhile, she might think, "Why didn't I listen?", and hope that it would give her strength to extricate herself from the mess that she has put herself in.

In the best case scenario, all would turn out well, but I sincerely doubt it!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:15 am
I wouldn't be so mean as to actually do the "I told you so" dance. It's just when I read a problem like this, and see that so many people are taking the time to council the person, that I wonder if it did any good. Sometimes I can tell that the advice is falling on deaf ears and the person asking for help is just going to stay in the abusive or troublesome situation. In Aya's case I sensed a real need for support to break away. On some level she knew that going ahead was not the right thing to do, and I felt if she could just get the right chorus behind her she would be able to make her way out of the trap. I hope she did run and can't post because she is peacefully living on a tropical island somewhere.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:19 pm
First you have to see the problem. She got that far.

Then you have to be able to risk momentary inconvenience and embarrassment. She couldn't take the risk.
0 Replies